Matt Haack released

Simon

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honestly it would be fun to let Moorman punt for one game. Could he be much worse than Martin was earlier this year.

Besides anything past their 45 and they are going for it. 

No punts all points!!!

Well he did get AFC Special teams player of month so it appeared he got his Mojo back.

13 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

If you score a TD every time you have the ball you can't lose.

Punting is surrendering.

I do recall a game vs. the 49'rs where neither team punted, and I think the Bills won by 3.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, Elevating AJ Klein has to mean that Bernard isn't going. Not that I expected Bernard to play. Or maybe just incase Bernard can't play the whole game, they have Klein up just in case

Well, they're gonna be w/o Spector.  Also, Dodson is perhaps one good shot on the shoulder from being sidelined again.  Klein also plays ST.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Serious question... did he get paid $10K or something to be here this week?

I would think a bit more than 10k for the week. That’s not very much.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, Elevating AJ Klein has to mean that Bernard isn't going. Not that I expected Bernard to play. Or maybe just incase Bernard can't play the whole game, they have Klein up just in case

Nah. Spector isn't going so they are already down a linebacker. I still feel its unlikely Bernard goes. But not sure this elevation signals that.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah. Spector isn't going so they are already down a linebacker. I still feel its unlikely Bernard goes. But not sure this elevation signals that.

The Broncos game was the only game this year where we dressed just 4 LBs. We went heavy on DL and CB in that one. They also had Rapp available in that one. If Bernard doesn't play that only leaves Dodson, Klein, Matakevich, and Williams... I know this is nothing more than tea leaves but it makes me optimistic Bernard will play.

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Broncos game was the only game this year where we dressed just 4 LBs. We went heavy on DL and CB in that one. They also had Rapp available in that one. If Bernard doesn't play that only leaves Dodson, Klein, Matakevich, and Williams... I know this is nothing more than tea leaves but it makes me optimistic Bernard will play.

Yeah, but we really don't have a choice but to have only 4 active. There's no other LB on the Practice Squad other than Klein to call up, even if we wanted to.

And McDermott wouldn't throw someone on the field on Defense in the Playoffs who's been in the system for just three practices (two of them walkthroughs) - ruling out anyone being brought in for this week. Maybe he'd have considered Kirksey, but he'd have to have been coaxed out of retirement and might not be in game shape.

So I don't really see the tea leaves there, even though I really hope Bernard does play.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This is really good noos for me (and others I'm sure) because and I'm not at all being sarcastic, (for reall!!!!) I feel a void when Eli Ankou is not on the practice squad.

Edited by akcash
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Beast said:

It’s not all bad. I’m sure he’ll look back on this someday and realize he at least got to spend a few days in the lovely weather.

Is there still some snow in the stadium? Maybe he can pick up a couple extra 20's and a hotdog while he's in town.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Is there still some snow in the stadium? Maybe he can pick up a couple extra 20's and a hotdog while he's in town.

"Matt Haack, I'd like you to meet Brian Moorman.

Brian Moorman, Matt Haack."

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.