Wildcard round - Steelers Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s a hold but nowhere near as bad as the Steelers fans are makin it sound.  Probably plenty bills receivers gettin held that bad…lot of uncalled holding all around the playoffs this weekend 

Football is so much more fun to watch when the refs just let them play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

and one I posted where the defender jump on Diggs back like he was going for a ride when Diggs didnt even have the ball.

What the hell was that play. Shocked there wasn't a flag. Shakir going into the ez for a td and Diggs gets ambushed from behind without the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

Solid win against a solid team. Because of the trap nature of this game and the weather induced schedule change, I expect an even sharper offensive performance against KC. Lets go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Governor said:

Shakir fake got tackled and kept running. That should’ve been a 15 yard penalty.

Yeah, did you see all the Steeler defenders let up because they were afraid of getting fined for a late hit after Shakir faked being tackled? 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You were told a number of times, during warmups neither kicker could make it from that distance in that direction. it was against the wind, the try at that point was a foolish wrong decision, that resulted in giving the opponent 7 pts and injuring our punter.

There was little or no wind when the kick attempt was made, though. The flags at the top of the posts weren't blowing around like they would if there had been.

Still - the Bills Special Temas. Always an adventure.

I get up this morning to see a post that Diggs is done and Allen should be penalized for fake slide. I thought I was the grumpy old man here. Great game by Allen and offense and need some help with injuries on D

4 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Solid win against a solid team. Because of the trap nature of this game and the weather induced schedule change, I expect an even sharper offensive performance against KC. Lets go Buffalo!

trap nature? 

5 hours ago, chongli said:

Clean. 

No Jersey tug. No body turn or restriction. A legal play that 95% of non biased fans would agree with. 

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

People making such a big deal out of the non-call on Pickens. Umm, okay say they call the defensive holding. Great, now the Steelers have 1st and 10 at their own 37-yard line down 14 points with 4:53 left in the game. 

Right? It’s not exactly like this was a game changer. People are funneling their frustrations at the refs, and for once, they don’t deserve it here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

WTF?  I didnt even catch this.  Dirty ass mf.

fact.

this is why i wasn't shining my good guy badge about mcgovern nailing that one guy.

pitz, especially in the playoffs, is just a big tough mean dirty team.  if they are getting away w constant dirty stuff, you have to return the favor and tattoo people.  the guy we missed most of all on D (to start the game) was rapp.  he woulda brought some lumber and set the tone back our way.

i expect even more from KC.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Clean. 

No Jersey tug. No body turn or restriction. A legal play that 95% of non biased fans would agree with. 

Right? It’s not exactly like this was a game changer. People are funneling their frustrations at the refs, and for once, they don’t deserve it here. 

I'm biased because I am a fan but I honestly see nothing wrong there.  Thats typical DB play.  Pretty sure the WR knows he was trying to sell it.

2 hours ago, Brit said:

There was little or no wind when the kick attempt was made, though. The flags at the top of the posts weren't blowing around like they would if there had been.

Still - the Bills Special Temas. Always an adventure.

It was that way all game it didn’t look like there was wind but it was coming from that end. Same as in warm ups when neither kicker could make it going that way. They mostly wouldn’t let him kick from that far the second half of the season, but with freezing conditions and a struggling kicker they thought it was a good idea🤦‍♂️

What’s most interesting is the hate Allen and Buffalo are getting all over social media. It’s pretty bad out there. Don’t know any other Qb  that would get this treatment after a game like that. The slide narrative is just silly, and even the fans are getting a beating for a snowball that wasn’t even close to interfering with Pickens drop.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Clean. 

I agree watched the play a few times it was clean all day.

A solid and decisive victory against a quality, well coached opponent. We committed no turnovers and played almost error free football except for the blocked kick. Our defense forced two turnovers. Positive momentum going into the divisional round save for the injuries. CBS Sports said we played "complimentary football." Wondering if the Steelers stick with Rudolph going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think it's that complicated Benford is good, Douglass is very good, and Elam hadn't played since his injury, figuring it out with him in the Playoffs was probably plan D. Which of course we landed on. But next man up and he may be getting his footing again.

I totally agree here. I was speaking from an Elam centric perspective. I think he is a good player that needs more live reps for himself. The team is in the playoffs with a very deep secondary, the team needs him to make that leap with his practice reps.

The Bills were impressive and never felt this game was in danger even when the Steelers pulled within 7 in the 4th quarter.

Obviously big concerns at present moving forward:

- Defensive injury situation. Not an excuse but they have some very key guys possibly out at the worse time with defending world champs coming to Buffalo

- ST/Bass. Maybe a blessing in disguise to get this type of game out of the way in a comfortable win at home. But kicker is all of a sudden a major need in the offseason I think.

- Chiefs. Said all along they will 'magically look different' come playoff time and what they did against the Dolphins was far more impressive than what the Bills did against the Steelers, and the same Dolphins team a weak before. Injuries aside still feel the Bills season probably comes to an end on Sunday sadly.

15 hours ago, Whkfc said:

He's done broken ankle 

An X-ray does not necessarily me a broken ankle.  An X-ray is a tool to look inside and can see dislocated bones, etc.

I have had more than 10 X-rays on my foot with no broken bones but doctors keep taking them.

Reminds me of episode on M*A*S*H where Hawkeye went loco again because doctors were getting paid to take X-rays.

15 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

Clearly?

His diagnosis more clearly broken.

15 hours ago, chongli said:

I see a fine coming:

Enjoy your fine from the league.  Better to have mother, brother, etc say these things for you.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

An X-ray does not necessarily me a broken ankle.  An X-ray is a tool to look inside and can see dislocated bones, etc.

I have had more than 10 X-rays on my foot with no broken bones but doctors keep taking them.

Reminds me of episode on M*A*S*H where Hawkeye went loco again because doctors were getting paid to take X-rays.

His diagnosis more clearly broken.

Enjoy your fine from the league.  Better to have mother, brother, etc say these things for you.

They're really whining about the refs?  I didn't think the refs played much of a factor yesterday at all except for on the two fumble rulings, and I think they eventually got them both right.  Is he just whining about the borderline non-call on the Dane play when they were already basically out of it?

15 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Anyone have a clip of AJ Klein's postgame? Heard he gave a good interview after

14 hours ago, Mango said:

Fo add on, I’m in favor of unlimited challenges as long as you get it right. Sure, limit it to 2 lost challenges, but if a coach throws 10 flags and wins them all that’s on the officials/NFL, not the coach.

Referees will just not allow that many wins.  They have disregarded NFL mandates before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

They're really whining about the refs?  I didn't think the refs played much of a factor yesterday at all except for on the two fumble rulings, and I think they eventually got them both right.  Is he just whining about the borderline non-call on the Dane play when they were already basically out of it?

Yeah, that;s his only legit beef.

George Pickens has been an immature, troublesome brat since his days at UGA. This is nothing new. It's why he fell so far in the draft even with his talent. He was always going to be, and always will be, a headache for the coaches.

It's playoff football, George. Go fight for the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.