Thursday injury report - not good

That doesn't seem too bad.  Worst is Douglas - but in this kind of game, Dane will do well, I think.  It will be physical and he shouldn't have to cover too many deep passes, and he's great at that kind of game.

• Agree 4

Just speculation on my part but I don't think Rapp, Douglas, Dodson or Davis play.

In this type of game I think Rapp and Dodson are a loss on defense. I think Elam and Hamlin will likely be active and this type of game kinda plays into what Hamlin does do well as a guy that is a bit physical. Dodson has also been pretty decent against the run...but maybe AJK gets the elevation.

Is Davis week to week? Not worried about Dawkins playing. I'm betting he's out there but if not Van Demark looked ok in his limited snaps. And no TJ Watt helps.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Dawkins I bet would.

But 2 DNP for Douglas. 

That definitely isn't trending well for him playing

Yeah not looking great. I know he said immediately after the game he'd be good to go, but I haven't seen anything conlusively saying how it's looking for him.

• Like (+1) 1

McD had them “day

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Just speculation on my part but I don't think Rapp, Douglas, Dodson or Davis play.

In this type of game I think Rapp and Dodson are a loss on defense. I think Elam and Hamlin will likely be active and this type of game kinda plays into what Hamlin does do well as a guy that is a bit physical. Dodson has also been pretty decent against the run...but maybe AJK gets the elevation.

Is Davis week to week? Not worried about Dawkins playing. I'm betting he's out there but if not Van Demark looked ok in his limited snaps. And no TJ Watt helps.

Mcd yesterday had them all “day to day”…   Not his “week to week “ which means they are out … so I’m still hoping a couple of them play … hopefully Rapp and Dodson who should be suited to this game ..

There is no tomorrow … so you gotta push it a little,,,

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Yeah not looking great. I know he said immediately after the game he'd be good to go, but I haven't seen anything conlusively saying how it's looking for him.

Douglas has moderate MCL sprain. That’s usually a 2-4 week injury. 

Gabe has the PCL, unless it’s mild which is 7-10 days, I think he’s in that same 2-4 week boat.

Of course I expect both guys with ligaments to try and go next weekend. 

Dodson apparently wrecked his shoulder on that flip tackle - torn labrum and partial rotator cuff tear. It didn’t look that gruesome at all, but after that flip tackle he only played two more snaps and he went to the locker room. Guess he could try the Jordan Phillips from last year, but how effective is that going to be. 

McDermott might not declare all three of them officially out tomorrow at 11:00 AM on WGR, but after reading the main game thread, I don’t think any of them are getting back on the field Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think there is a chance Rasul plays considering he felt he could have kept playing last week...but if he doesn't then this is an ideal game for him to miss.  Weather will slow the game down and the other DB's will be fine, plus the Steelers are scaring no one throwing the ball anyway.

Dawkins kept playing last week, so I assume he plays this week.  

Rest seem more about rest days, were full participants, or are guys who we can win this game without.

Edited by Alphadawg7

This stinks. The only 

20 minutes ago, Process said:

I doubt Douglas Davis or Dodson will play. Hopefully they are back for the divisional. 

Diggs basically confirmed Davis is out. 

The only time we’ll miss Gabe is in agame where his blocking will be needed for the run game. 

Concerned about Rasul forcing to come back.  Get that this is a huge game but I worry that he  could really damage that knee and I also worry about his effectiveness if he tries to play thru it.

• Like (+1) 1

Dawkins will play, which means both Bills’ lines will pretty much be at full health. Daquon and Ed are game wreckers, and Daquon has his sea legs now. Rasul going down in a game vs a weak-armed qb in Drake-Passage weather conditions doesn’t concern me all that much. Dane is fine as a fill-in in crazy conditions because he is an excellent tackler. People need to take a deep breath.

All of the Steelers success has occurred on deep throws or mid-tier throws and catch-and-runs in cover-zero situations, and that’s why Rudolph is enjoying an entirely unsustainable 9.7 yards per pass attempt over the last 3 games. The bills don’t give up that stuff, and he is likely to be humbled by the conditions. I am betting on the far superior qb.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Summarizing:

Douglas ---> Dane

Davis --->     Sherfield/Harty or more 2-TE sets for blocking

Rapp --->  Hamlin [?will we have to use 6 db's against Pitt? - 21st ranked passing attack]

Dodson ---> Dorian or Spector or AJK

Dawkins ---> Van Demark

Still should be serviceable against the Steelers 25th ranked offense.  Wouldn't want to play KC without some of these guys.

11 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Summarizing:

Douglas ---> Dane

Davis --->     Sherfield/Harty or more 2-TE sets for blocking

Rapp --->  Hamlin [?will we have to use 6 db's against Pitt? - 21st ranked passing attack]

Dodson ---> Dorian or Spector or AJK

Dawkins ---> Van Demark

Still should be serviceable against the Steelers 25th ranked offense.  Wouldn't want to play KC without some of these guys.

Lewis might be in for Rapp if he can't go.  I think some of these will play on Sunday.

3 DTs gonna have to be on the field at all times to control the Steelers run game.

I’m thinking a 5-2-4 alignment is best. 

If the Steelers run out a big front we will need to aggressively combat it. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Douglas has moderate MCL sprain. That’s usually a 2-4 week injury. 

Gabe has the PCL, unless it’s mild which is 7-10 days, I think he’s in that same 2-4 week boat.

Of course I expect both guys with ligaments to try and go next weekend. 

Dodson apparently wrecked his shoulder on that flip tackle - torn labrum and partial rotator cuff tear. It didn’t look that gruesome at all, but after that flip tackle he only played two more snaps and he went to the locker room. Guess he could try the Jordan Phillips from last year, but how effective is that going to be. 

McDermott might not declare all three of them officially out tomorrow at 11:00 AM on WGR, but after reading the main game thread, I don’t think any of them are getting back on the field Sunday. 

I can live without Gabe for a couple weeks but we gotta get Douglas & Dodson by divisionals.

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Minor strain is 10 days but everyone who was injured is "day to day".

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Dawkins I bet would.

But 2 DNP for Douglas. 

That definitely isn't trending well for him playing

I would rather the Bills sit him this game and let him get as close to 100% as possible.  Conditions are such that the passing game is likely to be greatly reduced.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I would much prefer Douglas to any alternative, but there’s also no less scary passing team than the Steelers, so that’s a bonus.

yep if there’s one game where it’s fine for him to be out, it’s this one.

Would like to have Gabe in there obviously, but the TE’s plus Sherfield can do some solid run blocking hopefully as well.

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Steelers aren't a big passing team, add to that potential weather, not as worried about Douglas and Rapp being out as I would if they were playing Miami or KC.

they arent really a big running team either

they do nothing on offense that should trouble us

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.