Meanwhile, over at FinHeaven....

I would've been conflicted as a Miami fan last night.  On one hand, they wanted the AFC East crown and the 2 seed.  But as the game wore on you could see Buffalo was the better team...and it would have been highly unlikely the Dolphins would have beaten the Bills two weeks in a row.  The red zone turnovers were the only thing keeping it close and that stuff can't be counted on every week.

On the flip side winning in frozen KC is a terrible option, but the Chiefs might be the better matchup.  In the game in London i thought Miami played even with them but the turnovers were the difference.  I think the fish have a better shot at KC.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea but fields is TT on steroids

He's bigger faster and stronger... And has a bigger arm...

It's like the Justin Herbert to Josh Allen comparison... Sure they might be physically the same stature on the field or close to it

But one place like he's Superman and one plays like he's not... Clark Kent

I don't think Fields is amazing... But he's definitely got more talent than tyrod Taylor.. who is a good journeyman

Neither is close to Josh.  If the Bears keep Fields, they're just spinning their wheels.

• Agree 1

Reading some of the "content" over there...

I never realized what kind of perceived dominance a lot of their long-time fans see that the Bills have over Miami.  But now that I think about it, someone my age (45) would feel that way, absolutely.

The Bills basically bottled up most of Marino's career. And Allen owns them in this era.  

Looked up their records.

From the Dolphins' start in 1966 to 1986, Miami held a 34-7-1 record against the Bills, which is why the generation ahead of me loathes them

From 1987 on, the Bills are 47-27.  They just beat them 4 times in a row since the heat stroke game.  The last time Miami beat Buffalo 4x in a row was 2000-2001.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Really though, this has to be borderline traumatizing for Dolphins fans.

I cant imagine what it would have been like to have a season like this in the drought and have New England just ***** it up in Buffalo the last week of the season in front of a stadium full of their own fans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Miamis gotta be headed for total rebuild in a couple years imo…that Shanahan system is high floor but pretty low ceiling and it just isn’t fooling the better defensive coaches in the league. They’re gonna lose some pieces if they decide to resign tua and really need a way to come up with elite defensive play but Howard is on the downswing and they got von millered with that Bradley Chubb knee injury. 

The Shanahan system absolutely destroys the Fangio defensive scheme, which is the most prevalent one in the NFL. It was developed to do exactly that and is fantastic at it. But it often has very big problems when going against some of the other defensive schemes in the league that bear little resemblance to Fangio’s. You see the same thing with SF and the Rams. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

....there is, as expected, much gnashing of teeth.

Some of the more interesting thread discussions, include, (but are not limited to):

- Fire Danny Crossman!

- We got stupid fans

- Trade for Justin Fields

- The Dolphins have had a curse ever since moving to this stadium built on a native American burial ground

Feel free to add your own favourites.

my 2 personal favorites : the simple succinct "I QUIT" lol

and also I liked "It's time to call out the fanbase"

Ya think? Bills mafia overtook your crib mates How Embarrassing Just sayin'

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Chicago is about to get a massive influx of talent, thanks to astute draft day trades.  If they decide to keep Fields they are going to get a massive haul for the pick they got from Carolina…they will possibly be able to add MHJ or Odunze to their receiving corps, to go along with DJ Moore…the Bears’ future is bright indeed.

Potentially, yes. But the Bears have had good draft picks before and squandered them. The draft day trades were astute, but their drafting history is pretty inept.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Fire Danny Crossman is always the right answer in fairness. I didn't realise he was their ST coach, although Harty's touchdown makes more sense now that I know he is.

HIs players collided with each other.  I don't think the coach has anything to do with that punt return

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

I give you this thread on Allen. 

https://finheaven.com/threads/allen-vs-tua.382031/

We have the best offensive weapon in the league in Josh.  

But WE all knew that.. 

I spent the entire season hearing from very loud, forceful Dolphins fans on Twitter and on Dolphins forums that Tua was better than Josh Allen. 

This morning? Nothing but "I've given up on Tua" and "He's not the guy".

My, how the turntables...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

HIs players collided with each other.  I don't think the coach has anything to do with that punt return

Again, tongue in cheek. Danny Crossman sucked here, and his STs always seem to suck. I was being sarcastic blaming him for last night. 

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

That punt return probably saved our Special Teams Coach’s job… the only bad thing that came out of that return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

I think this is the third time now this weekend that I’ve seen Fields tossed around as a solution for teams. Man it pays to be a C-level QB with some starting experience that can run. Years ago we called that Tyrod Taylor.

Turns out, by extension of the Bills, we still call that Tyrod Taylor 😂

49 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I would've been conflicted as a Miami fan last night.  On one hand, they wanted the AFC East crown and the 2 seed.  But as the game wore on you could see Buffalo was the better team...and it would have been highly unlikely the Dolphins would have beaten the Bills two weeks in a row.  The red zone turnovers were the only thing keeping it close and that stuff can't be counted on every week.

On the flip side winning in frozen KC is a terrible option, but the Chiefs might be the better matchup.  In the game in London i thought Miami played even with them but the turnovers were the difference.  I think the fish have a better shot at KC.

If it’s unlikely they’ll beat the bills twice in a row I just don’t see how they make it out of @kc @bal.  They seem to be much better at home too and we’re not great on the road.  I think seeing us again in Miami was bad odds for them but their best odds at the same time lol. 
The name of the game is def avoiding Baltimore as long as possible 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

I'm not a dolphins hater the way most bills fans are. I actually think the dolphins are pretty Damm good at full strength and honestly, I don't wanna play them again this season. Having said that, the bills are the better team and have the better qb

8 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The player covering that lane would of had the tackle but the turf monster caught him and he was carted off the field with an injury.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Chicago is about to get a massive influx of talent, thanks to astute draft day trades.  If they decide to keep Fields they are going to get a massive haul for the pick they got from Carolina…they will possibly be able to add MHJ or Odunze to their receiving corps, to go along with DJ Moore…the Bears’ future is bright indeed.

On paper lol but they're the Bears. I just can't trust them to not fumble their fortune a la Raiders/Mack trade.... until they stop their perennial garbageness. Then again the Lions are good, so what do I know lol

32 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm not a dolphins hater the way most bills fans are. I actually think the dolphins are pretty Damm good at full strength and honestly, I don't wanna play them again this season. Having said that, the bills are the better team and have the better qb

I’ve never seen a team more consistently good against bad/mediocre teams which they def deserve credit for.  On the flip side they just have nearly 0 success against good/great teams and the sample size is only getting bigger.  They had the 3rd worst point differential against playoff teams in the league this year and were 1-5. It’s honestly crazy they were +105 overall despite being -91 against playoff teams.  Last year they were 2-5 and both those two wins felt pretty fluky 

the ‘no tua’ excuse they used for a couple of those games last year is seeming less valid because bridgewater really didn’t play any worse against good teams like cincy and Minnesota than tua would’ve it seems 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I can tell you, Philadelphia sports radio is delicious today.

You mean they aren’t still thankful to Siriani and Hurts for last year’s trip to the Super Bowl?

15 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I doubt the Bills will play them again this year. If Miami is able to beat KC, then they will most likely have their season end in Baltimore. 

• Like (+1) 1

I love this outcome for them.  I went into the game knowing we were in the playoffs with no anxiety.  Only the statement "Humble these *****"  After listening to their ***** talk for the last month, then this entire week.  I am glad this is their outcome.

And at the end of a turbulent season Bills back where they should be atop the AFCE

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If the Eagles get bounced early and ugly this week, they could let Sirani go. I would not be surprised at all 

The way that team has collapsed, I wonder what the deal is behind the scenes.  There has got to be serious drama in the lockerroom and I wonder if Sirianni is directly involved.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea but fields is TT on steroids

He's bigger faster and stronger... And has a bigger arm...

It's like the Justin Herbert to Josh Allen comparison... Sure they might be physically the same stature on the field or close to it

But one place like he's Superman and one plays like he's not...

I don't think Fields is amazing... But he's definitely got more talent than tyrod Taylor.. who is a good journeyman

I think Fields is decent enough/ above replacement  that if he changes teams he might have better success.

in my season prediction thread I had bears as a WC team. They had I think 3 two score 4 th quarter leads they lost ( lions, browns, another team) and a4th quarter tie ( saints). They win one of those games, yeasterdays bears-packers coukd have been a winner gets WC game

12 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The way that team has collapsed, I wonder what the deal is behind the scenes.  There has got to be serious drama in the lockerroom and I wonder if Sirianni is directly involved.

I saw some article that aj brown has been a locker room cancer 

40 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I wish we could play Miami every week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Steptide said:

In the playoffs, every team is good.  They are the best 7 teams in each conference and that is saying for something

33 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I doubt the Bills will play them again this year. If Miami is able to beat KC, then they will most likely have their season end in Baltimore. 

And we would be fortunate if Miami beats Baltimore somehow even though that validates them a bit so if we see Miami again it’s very good news 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If it’s unlikely they’ll beat the bills twice in a row I just don’t see how they make it out of @kc @bal.  They seem to be much better at home too and we’re not great on the road.  I think seeing us again in Miami was bad odds for them but their best odds at the same time lol. 
The name of the game is def avoiding Baltimore as long as possible 

I don't disagree with any of that.  I would just try to rationalize in my head.  Now that i see the Low Sat night in KC is predicted to be zero to minus 2 degrees, i'd be very surprised if Miami wins there.  The Chiefs D is solid too.

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Who wouldn't? 

All we heard from the fins all year was “TUA IS BETTER LOLOLOL ALLEN IS TRASH HE TURNS THE BALL OVER TUA FOR MVPPPPPP”

Until last night I bet most delusional fins fans would have had Tua’s back. Don’t get me wrong, I like Tua as a dude but trying to put him at the same level as Allen is just a terrible idea.

• Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

I think this is the third time now this weekend that I’ve seen Fields tossed around as a solution for teams. Man it pays to be a C-level QB with some starting experience that can run. Years ago we called that Tyrod Taylor.

Fields is Tyrod Taylor? Fields is a blue chip prospect on a terrible team. I don't know if he would be much of an improvement over Tua but I think he could do what Tua does, 1 read throws. Tua led the NFL in passing this season so that's saying something, plus Fields would add the extra dimension of being able to run if the play is not there. Everyone knows if you get Tua off his first read he has absolutely no solution. It's not as crazy as it sounds if they decide to go in another direction rather than make Tua the highest paid player in NFL history!

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

All we heard from the fins all year was “TUA IS BETTER LOLOLOL ALLEN IS TRASH HE TURNS THE BALL OVER TUA FOR MVPPPPPP”

Until last night I bet most delusional fins fans would have had Tua’s back. Don’t get me wrong, I like Tua as a dude but trying to put him at the same level as Allen is just a terrible idea.

Tua is a fantastic QB for McDaniels' system, which is to make one read and throw the ball very quickly. He's also decent to great at presnap reads.

But he's a horrific improviser and can't go through progressions at an elite level. Once you take away the designed first option his efficiency plummets. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Tua is fine. For them. I hope they keep him forever. 

I'll take Josh. Every time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.