Head coach carousel 2024 edition

djp14150

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Is this the guy who keeps forgetting they have Kyle Pitts?

Yes he is; I was not impressed watching him here. Also, he runs a run heavy offense which isn’t playing to Josh’s strength. 

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

All ready open:

Panthers

Chargers

Raiders

All but certain to make a Black Monday move:

Patriots

Commanders

Other spots to watch:

Falcons (Arthur Smith)

Seahawks (Pete Carroll - retirement)

That would be seven openings again. The league can't sustain this level of coaching turnover. The talent pipeline isn't capable of re-stocking at this speed.

What do you mean? Leslie Frazier is available.

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Is everyone satisfied with Brady as OC? Smith was an awfully good OC in Tennessee. If he could get Tannehill to the AFC Championship, imagine what he could do with Allen.

We fired Ken Dorsey when we were 6-6. Since then, with Joe Brady as our OC, we've gone 5-0 and just took the Division and secured the 2 seed.

Really odd time to be talking about replacing him.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We fired Ken Dorsey when we were 6-6. Since then, with Joe Brady as our OC, we've gone 5-0 and just took the Division and secured the 2 seed.

I like your post but it's 5-1.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I like your post but it's 5-1.

6-1.  Beat the Jets, barely lost at the Eagles (and not because of our offense), won the last five.  

I’m good with what we have. 

If I had a game manager Quarterback and wanted to be a team that ran the ball and relied on play action I would hire Arthur Smith as my OC tomorrow. There are a lot of teams for whom he would be absolutely perfect. Even the Jets where he would be a major upgrade on Hackett and is what a 40 year old Rodgers needs. 

But if I have an alien like Josh Allen or Mahomes or even a Burrow or a Herbert? Nah. I'd pass. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Poor guy didn’t even technically make it to Black Monday. He was sacked last night. Ouch.

Owners and front office staff are catching on to the fact there's just too much room for petty theft.  Staplers cost money!

A variation on the Whaley-Brandon Corollary: "Don't let him back in the building!"

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Owners and front office staff are catching on to the fact there's just too much room for petty theft.  Staplers cost money! 

Someone should have stapled a note to hit hat that said “it is ok to allow your two top-10 picks (Pitts and Robinson) to be part of the game plan”

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not only replacing him, but replacing him with a sniveling whiny little man who can’t figure out how to use Kyle Pitts or Bijan Robinson.  I guess we should get Brandon Staley for DC too.

13 hours ago, scuba guy said:

No offense but he mite have a heart attack  before that.

He needs to lose weight and get eating right for heath and welfare

who among us?

How much do you want to bet that Ron Rivera winds up on the Bills defensive coaching staff, maybe as D-coordinator/asst head coach?

Edited by SoMAn
  • Vomit 1

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

All ready open:

Panthers

Chargers

Raiders

All but certain to make a Black Monday move:

Patriots

Commanders

Other spots to watch:

Falcons (Arthur Smith)

Seahawks (Pete Carroll - retirement)

That would be seven openings again. The league can't sustain this level of coaching turnover. The talent pipeline isn't capable of re-stocking at this speed.

Great list.  I imagine some of the HC just end up other places.  

I think the talent pipeline should be fine.  Other leagues manage.  

34 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

who among us?

How much do you want to bet that Ron Rivera winds up on the Bills defensive coaching staff, maybe as D-coordinator/asst head coach?

That’s a possibility. The other is retirement.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

That’s a possibility. The other is retirement.

I seriously doubt Rivera comes to Buffalo. The only reason for my (somewhat tongue in cheek)comment was because of the unending Carolina connection that seems to find it's way to Buffalo. 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just heard on the radio a conversation about Billy going to Atlanta. Won’t happen but the point they stated was there’s immediate chance for a division title with an owner who is willing to spend. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.