Broncos benching Wilson

Dablitzkrieg

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I saw where Payton was screaming at him on the sidelines. 

That had to be very embarrassing 

If you need to tear your player a new one do it in 

WIIILLLSSSOOONNNN!!!!!!!! 

• Haha (+1) 8

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Considering the Broncos are very much alive have a pulse for the playoffs they are basically making the decision to move from Wilson now.

Regardless I actually though he had a solid bounce back type of year and can't blame him for losing to the Patriots.

Fixed it for you.  Just went thru the NY Times playoff simulator.  Best I could get were there chance up to 11%  thru this weekend and that was with some unlikely outcomes this week.  I get it, anything can happen, but is unlikely they get in.  They also are playing a 4:25 game so could wait to see outcome of earlier games and make a last minute call.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I saw where Payton was screaming at him on the sidelines. 

That had to be very embarrassing 

If you need to tear your player a new one do it in private

Very disappointed with all the Sean Payton antics this years right down to the throwing "our buddy" Nathanial Hackett under the bus (even though he deserved it).  Payton's ego is wildly out of control and it manifests itself in some very destructive counterproductive outcomes.  He is no longer a young wonderkid but an aging  angry old Head Coach.  He should have kept his TV gig.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7

• Dablitzkrieg changed the title to Broncos benching Wilson
24 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Considering the Broncos are very much alive for the playoffs they are basically making the decision to move from Wilson now.

Regardless I actually though he had a solid bounce back type of year and can't blame him for losing to the Patriots.

They have like a 1% chance

Remember when they hired Sean Payton and he was going to do magic with a short QB in Russell Wilson just like he did with Drew Brees!!!

What a joke, set the Broncos back few years with nothing to show  for it,  Going to be the same Result for the Jets and no I dont think Rodgers will come back as some incredible QB at 40/41.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Did. Not. See. that. coming.

Is there precedent for a team benching their starter when they are still mathematically alive for the playoffs?

I grant that after the last two losses, their odds are apparently very low

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-playoff-picture-broncos-arent-technically-eliminated-yet/ar-AA1m2PHq

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Russ has actually had a pretty decent season for the most part even though he's asked to do a lot of things outside his skillet. 

Payton was always going to get rid of him after this year and get "his guy".

I can definitely see them going after Kirk Cousins

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Remember when they hired Sean Payton and he was going to do magic with a short QB in Russell Wilson just like he did with Drew Brees!!!

He kinda did.

Wilson went from 16 TD's and 11 INT's last season (without Payton), to 26 TD's and 8 INT's this year (with Payton). That's a 75% increase in TD's and a 27% decrease in INT's.

I am impressed with the job Payton has done. The Broncos are worlds better than they were under Hackett last season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He kinda did.

Wilson went from 16 TD's and 11 INT's last season (without Payton), to 26 TD's and 8 INT's this year (with Payton). That's a 75% increase in TD's and a 27% decrease in INT's.

I am impressed with the job Payton has done. The Broncos are worlds better than they were under Hackett last season.

But he couldn't cover up the fact that Wilson sucks.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He kinda did.

They didnt hire Sean Peyton and pay him up to  $100 million to get 26 TD/8 int season out of Wilson, it was a grand slam contract, either he gets  the Broncos to  win playoff game or two or not.  He likely wont even make the playoffs.  Hiring Payton was, a disaster imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Did. Not. See. that. coming.

Is there precedent for a team benching their starter when they are still mathematically alive for the playoffs?

I grant that after the last two losses, their odds are apparently very low

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-playoff-picture-broncos-arent-technically-eliminated-yet/ar-AA1m2PHq

You mean other than Nathan Peterman getting the start over Tyrod Taylor?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.