New England Week

TFBillsfan

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Zappe was competent to borderline good against Denver in Denver and got the W.

25/33 for 256 yards and 2 TDs

Stick took us to the wire going 23/33 for 215 yards and 0 TDs

I would not overlook teams that have nothing to lose and relish ruining your season, especially a division rival. 

Yep agreed.

Look no further then the raiders against KC yesterday 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

I would love to see the Lombardi trophy paraded down Main Street in February. Go Bills!!!

I moved from WNY in 2002 but I feel like any parade would be up Delaware Avenue.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Current odds:

Lamar- 160

CMC -400

Tua -900

Purdy -1200

Allen  -1300

crazy that Tyreek is -2200 now.  

It's nuts that Purdy is ahead of Josh after last night's stinker.

37 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I don't think some realize that we aren't guaranteed a playoff spot if we win out... we have an 82% chance if none of the teams we need to lose lose this week.

Incorrect.

33 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills win out and they are in. 

Correct. By virtue of Cincinnati losing, the Bills control their own destiny.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

A team that we trounced by 28 points, who has Jalen Ramsey a CB that Josh has routinely made to look silly, in temperatures in the mid 70s?

Yeah, there is no freaking way we should lose that game... we would have 10 wins and if the best team in the league beats the Phins, they have 11 wins.

you can come to this forum to read just about anything I love it

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I've heard some people say this.  I don't agree with it.  The problem was the turnovers, not the way the game was called.  

Don't forget Spencer Brown's idiotic and cheap tripping penalty he committed lying on the turf after being beat badly, again, by his man. Those 15 yards, followed up by a phantom holding call against Morse, killed a promising drive, "promising" because Allen completed two long passes for first downs before the penalties. 

Spencer Brown, the gift that keeps giving. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Prediction: When Jones comes back, the defense will go on a tear.

Gabe had a 130yd game last week. I think they've all ready recognized that and are working on it.

I like seeing getting Gabe involved but they really need to start games with more pace and passing.  We need to start rolling up numbers and not playing this caveman thinking game of running the football.  Get both Diggs and Gabe along with TE'S going early and score some points before you try and establish the run

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, here's the thing about the MVP race as it sits. Seemingly, no one is interested in giving it to a non QB. (If I had a vote I would go with CMC). Dak is done. Hurts is out. Really Lamar is the last man standing in the hype circle and he's been very average. If Allen comes out next week with a statement game against a defense that many around the league still view as a very good defense...it stacks numbers. He's played well against the Pats many times before. I don't think 4-5 TDs and 350 total yards is unfathomable this week. 

Miami has played well on defense as well. I think they contain Lamar a bit. 

Really if Allen doesn't win it and they HAVE to give it to a QB...I would want Tua to win it before Lamar. Better numbers and would likely cost Miami more money on Tua's impending contract. 

I agree.  That’s why I’m saying 17 has to ball out the next two weeks….and then he’ll be a real contender.  

I think Trent Williams is the true MVP of this season.  I don’t think Tua should even be in the running based on Tyreek being the only reason Tua is having a great season.  That said, I wouldn’t mind him winning to hurt their cap sitch as you mentioned.  

trent

tyreek

cmc

allen

lamar

thats how I’d rank then this season.  

lamar is on the better team, Josh is more valuable to his team.  

yet the mvp isn’t about being the most valuable.  I don’t really know what it’s about tbh

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  That’s why I’m saying 17 has to ball out the next two weeks….and then he’ll be a real contender.  

I think Trent Williams is the true MVP of this season.  I don’t think Tua should even be in the running based on Tyreek being the only reason Tua is having a great season.  That said, I wouldn’t mind him winning to hurt their cap sitch as you mentioned.  

trent

tyreek

cmc

allen

lamar

yet the mvp isn’t about being the most valuable.  I don’t really know what it’s about tbh

Agree on Trent Williams being a legit MVP candidate. When he's out that offense looks VERY different, and not in a good way.

• Agree 1

First off, to all the "Bills fans" who are pointing out how bad the Bills are for only winning by 2 points against the Chargers I just

have this to say:

How about being fans this week of the Saints, Bengals, Colts, Texans, Vikings, Jaguars, Cowboys, Broncos, Chiefs and 49ers?

All teams fighting for post season positioning and all coming off loses.  Our Buffalo Bills won their game!

Bills are home against a big division rival.  They will not take this game lightly.  If they lose it's on them but all they need to do is win.

By any score.  My hope is to send BB home with a crushing loss, but I'll take any win.

Go Bills!

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The Chargers game was certainly a wake up call.  Buffalo has an extra day of rest versus a day of deficit as in the Chargers game (the Chargers got extra rest compared to Buffalo's deficit.  That will help.  A year ago Buffalo took care of New England (week 18) and Miami (week 15) late in the season.  I expect them to do the same this season.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, finn said:

Don't forget Spencer Brown's idiotic and cheap tripping penalty he committed lying on the turf after being beat badly, again, by his man. Those 15 yards, followed up by a phantom holding call against Morse, killed a promising drive, "promising" because Allen completed two long passes for first downs before the penalties. 

Spencer Brown, the gift that keeps giving. 

He was guilty of the trip. But I think he’s had a very solid year. Yes the 2nd Morse hold was a joke. Unlike the non hold on the Stick TD run. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

trent

tyreek

cmc

allen

lamar

Speaking in the true spirit of what an MVP is, I really like your ranking and aside from switching Hill and CMC would agree. 

For me, Tyreek benefits from those around him as well. I do think he's the Dolphins MVP, but Raheem Mosert has been excellent and helps take the focus off Hill at times. That whole offense really plays very well off each other. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Zappe was competent to borderline good against Denver in Denver and got the W.

25/33 for 256 yards and 2 TDs

Stick took us to the wire going 23/33 for 215 yards and 0 TDs

I would not overlook teams that have nothing to lose and relish ruining your season, especially a division rival. 

Good point. . . Bills relished that role for years . . .

I know the staggered weekend has thrown off the normal schedule routine, but I am a bit surprised at how little I am hearing about the Bills. I know that there were splashier results in more advertised games (Cowboys vs Dolphins, Ravens vs Niners) and a bigger upset (Chiefs loss) but very little about how the Bills clawed their way to the 6th seed with the potential to jump to #2.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Actually with Diggs being a no show for half the season, Belichick won’t know what to take away. Cook?  Harty?  David Edwards?

Let him take Harty . . . please. . .guy runs sideways and always looks like he is holding a greased football. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know the staggered weekend has thrown off the normal schedule routine, but I am a bit surprised at how little I am hearing about the Bills. I know that there were splashier results in more advertised games (Cowboys vs Dolphins, Ravens vs Niners) and a bigger upset (Chiefs loss) but very little about how the Bills clawed their way to the 6th seed with the potential to jump to #2.

Cowherd put the Bills at #3 in his Herd hierarchy.  The Ravens are #1 & the 49's #2. Nick Wright didn't like it.

Weather (I know, a far way off) looks cloudy and the 30s.  Probably average wind.  Typical Buffalo winter weather.

As for some X's and O's, curious how Brady will consider the Bills run game.  Patriots are best in the league against the run.

Can't abandon the run but need to find a way to get production.  Could be a key to the game.

Shutting down the Patriots run game and then pressuring Zappe is my "I'm a fan and don't know crap) gameplan.

Sure would be nice to see the Bills Special Teams come and play a decent game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Cowherd put the Bills at #3 in his Herd hierarchy.  The Ravens are #1 & the 49's #2. Nick Wright didn't like it.

15 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The man has a hate-***** I cannot believe. I have to check it out.

He can feel however he wants about it, his team has no room to speak anymore they're essentially in a similar state only they're playing their worst football at the worst time and they have no real competition in their division.

Buffalo Bills look to prepare for second consecutive trap game vs. Patriots

01hjfm7q66jh39e6zy4b.jpg

Buffalo Bills look to prepare for second consecutive trap game vs. Patriots

It was just a month ago where the Bills stood at 6-6 after a heartbreaking loss against the Philadelphia Eagles and their playoff hopes. Since then, they have ripped off three consecutive wins against the Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Cowboys and the Los Angeles Chargers.

They were able to get the upper hand on the Chiefs, beat down the Cowboys, and just squeak by the Chargers to put them at 9-6. Not only do they have a great chance at making the playoffs, but they also can go into Week 18 battling for the AFC East against the Miami Dolphins, if the Dolphins lose to the Baltimore Ravens.

This once again feels like a trap game for the Bills. They have more to lose than the Patriots (even though New England’s win last week may have cost them a Caleb Williams or Drake Maye). The Patriots are coming off a win against the Denver Broncos, who were fighting to keep their playoff hopes alive but failed to do so.

This could very well be the last time the Bills see Bill Belichick across from them, with there being rumors about his future with the Patriots. Don’t think that Belichick wouldn’t like to walk into Highmark this Sunday and get the final shot against the Bills. Buffalo will need to stay focused and prepare for a New England defense that has been the reason why they have the wins they do this season

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wjag said:

50 Total TDs and a Division Crown with the number 2 seed might do it.  Tall ask, improbable but not impossible.

Problem is that in order for us to win the division the Dolphins have to lose to Ravens, so Lamar will be 13-4 at worst and he'll get it.

Edited by No_Matter_What

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is one of those games where if we take care of the ball, and get some good field position and make some kicks, we easily win like 23-10, and it won’t be close at any time. 

just have to play smart. 

Stick with what has worked: use Cook to run the ball and trust that he's better on balance in spite of any mistakes. Let the run open the pass. Let Josh play off script.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Stick with what has worked: use Cook to run the ball and trust that he's better on balance in spite of any mistakes. Let the run open the pass. Let Josh play off script.

As I mentioned earlier, NE is the best, by far in the league, against the run.  How the Bills and Brady handle this will be key.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

As I mentioned earlier, NE is the best, by far in the league, against the run.  How the Bills and Brady handle this will be key.

Interesting. I don't think that it needs to be Cook's best day. I think this is an excellent week to just off one thing lacking from Brady's gameplan so far: the play action pass. 

It turns out that when you do the analytics, you don't actually need to run the ball a lot for PA to be effective. You just need enough of it for teams to *think* you're going to do it.

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Interesting. I don't think that it needs to be Cook's best day. I think this is an excellent week to just off one thing lacking from Brady's gameplan so far: the play action pass. 

It turns out that when you do the analytics, you don't actually need to run the ball a lot for PA to be effective. You just need enough of it for teams to *think* you're going to do it.

Agree.  If the Bills can run the ball at all with some production, they can control the game and Josh should have time to throw.

NE has a great D, but they are in the bottom third of the league in sacks.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Instant karma for ol' Nick yesterday.  Posted after the Bills game that they peaked in 2020 and that he's the "only one" who is right about them.  And now his Chiefs - who he thought would go undefeated - have the same record.

And his beloved Mahomes has 1 less turnover than Allen, and 13 fewer TD's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.