Can Buffalo catch the Dolphins?

ChronicAndKnuckles

Looking at Miami’s remaining schedule (Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills) and then the Bills (Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins) what are the odds of Miami dropping 3 and the Bills winning out? I don’t think we would win the tie breaker so the fins would have to lose 3 which is entirely possible since they’ve played a complete cupcake schedule this season. They haven’t beat one good team yet and just lost to the Titans. They are hands down the most overrated team in the league. Bills demolished them by 4 TDS. The more I think about it, this could be the easiest path to the playoffs. Dolphins face a final 3 opponents w/ a combined record of 27-12. What yall think? 

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Looking at Miami’s remaining schedule (Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills) and then the Bills (Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins) what are the odds of Miami dropping 3 and the Bills winning out? I don’t think we would win the tie breaker so the fins would have to lose 3 which is entirely possible since they’ve played a complete cupcake schedule this season. They haven’t beat one good team yet and just lost to the Titans. They are hands down the most overrated team in the league. Bills demolished them by 4 TDS. The more I think about it, this could be the easiest path to the playoffs. Dolphins face a final 3 opponents w/ a combined record of 27-12. What yall think? 

If The Bills ,win out and the Fins  lose 1 more Bills win the tie breaker because they would be 2-0 vs them

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If we beat the Dolphins, we win the H2H tiebreaker.  We just need to be within 1 game of Miami, heading into that game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes…especially if the Bills can’t beat Dallas Sunday . It’s a huge game, no doubt

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think winning the division is actually the most likely way to make the playoffs, now. But that picture changes after every week. Go beat Dallas and see where the chips fall afterward.

It’s not… if the Bills lose Sunday they still have an 83% of making the playoffs at 10-7.

But yeah, I’d much rather win the division and hope it doesn’t come to 10-7

• Like (+1) 1

I say this with only a small  amount of schadenfreude, because I truly wish it was the Pats*, but that loss last night was so much along the lines of what the old Bills did I can not believe it. I believe our chances of catching them is very high but certainly not a sure thing. 

• Agree 1

Yes, absolutely.

They looked mistake prone and sloppy last night. It was only even closer because the Titans made a bunch of dumb turnovers too. 

Hill health in doubt. While I think he'll be back, he may not be effective next week. 

That oline is terrible. Now C is out.  They'll be challenged by the Jets, Bills, and Cowboys. 

Tua has never made it this many games in a season. His high was 13 games. 

The schedule is brutal. Resurgent Jets, cowboys, Ravens, Bills...rough. Some brutal DLs in there. 

We win our they only need to lose 1 more to catch them. 

We can catch the Phins even if we drop Cowboys game, then win our & beat them but they lose 2 ( let's say Ravens and Cowboys) very possible. 

The way that team looked last night....man I can't see them beating Boys or Ravens and fully expect them to lose at least a couple down the stretch. 

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The Dolphins don't have to drop 3. They just need to drop one more before our game as long as we keep winning

• Like (+1) 1

The answer is, YES, if Miami loses a few games to include our next meeting with them, and we win out. 

GO BILLS!!!

That last game will determine the winner imo. Oddly enough the Bills could their next 3 and the Dolphins could lose their next 3 and that last game would be for division (Dolphins would have 4-2 record in division).

If the Bills beat Dallas I would say it's a 99% chance that last game is for the division. If the Bills lose to Dallas I would say 50% (jumps back to 90% if Jets beat Dolphins)

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I got snipped yesterday and I'm supposed to rest it.  But if the Bills beat the Cowboys, I think I'm going to rip the stitches but it will be worth it....I hope.

Just remember to keep emptying the tank till there's no more kids in the pool.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

you have 4 games left.

they are 1 game better obpver the next 3 games then they are one game behind mismi with the week 18 game. They win, then tie them, win division on h2h tiebreaker.

both play Dallas at home. Edge buffalo 

bills at chargers, fins at Ravens. Edge buffalo   This could be the week Buffalo makes up the 1 game they need to 

Fins host jets, bills host cheats  edge buffalo 

Bills can’t clinch division if they go 3-0 and fins go 0-3 before they face off in week 18. Fins win they would have the tiebreakers.

32 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

It’s all depends on the Dallas game. We win and there’s a good chance. We have 3 winnable games and Miami has Dallas,, Ravens and us. 

We don't need the Cowboy game, we need 2 and the Miami game with 2 Miami losses. A Cowboy win would make things way easier

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.