It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

Can we just get back to one of these games where the Bills put up 38+…

I feared the KC defense as a unit.  I do not fear Dallas.  It was just a couple weeks ago they gave up to Seattle:

35 points

406 total yards

334 passing to Geno

25 first downs

9 of 14 3rd down conversions 

sacked once

• Thank you (+1) 1

It can't be understated how massive this game is.

For everything that has went wrong this season, pretty much all of it can be rectified by winning this game. McDummy may have caught a break against the Chiefs but he can truly flex in this one by game planning against another top 5 NFL offense and QB right now.

Bills truly starting to feel like one of those grimy teams that could make a deep run in the playoffs if they get there.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Has Dak ever played in Buffalo? I don't think he has. 

Just not scared of that dude. 

Bills will overpower this team with pure emotion. 

It's all happening! 

Defensive Splits for the Cowboys:

image.thumb.png.2db66d47940e104fc2e84fdbd5bd5dce.png

Offensive Splits for the Cowboys:

image.thumb.png.2d8b55726f6c015a3b818e0ad24070c5.png

Cowboys average a full yard per play less on the road and Dak has an 11% lower completion percentage, his QB Rating is 31 points lower and he has thrown 8 TDs with 4 INTs versus 20 TDs and 3 INTs at home.

Defensively, they allow 8% higher completion percentage, 0.5 YPC more on the ground, and have allowed 10 passing TDs with only 4 INTs versus 7 passing TDs with 9 INTs at home along with a 23+ point higher QB Rating allowed.

Not surprisingly Dallas Dallas' Point Differential is +171 at home and +17 on the road and average over 18 PPG less on the road.

Dallas is not a great road team, the Bills can win this game and it may not be as difficult as we think.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It can't be understated how massive this game is.

For everything that has went wrong this season, pretty much all of it can be rectified by winning this game. McDummy may have caught a break against the Chiefs but he can truly flex in this one by game planning against another top 5 NFL offense and QB right now.

Bills truly starting to feel like one of those grimy teams that could make a deep run in the playoffs if they get there.

I’ll try and understate it for you. Yes, it’d be super helpful to win this one but I actually think the Chiefs game and the three after Dallas are way more important (at least seeing now how other things have happened). It’s quite possible that regardless of how the Bills do on Sunday, they’ll be playing for the Division title in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Cook - they weren't trying to go away from him but they went 3 and out a couple times.  There was more to it about situations of being behind the sticks but that was the gist.

Gabe - every game is different sometimes players just don't get involved.  Sometimes it's just protection can't get him the ball or the coverage.  Love to get him more involved.

Knox - gives us another weapon to be more versatile. Good to be able to have him in there and go 12 or 21 personnel and be more versatile

Last drive - with 5 minutes just trying to get your best plays and trying to score. RPO was given up to Josh because they blitz it. bubble play worked for us a few times but maybe in hindsight we should just call it run.  On second down they felt that KC wouldn't use timeouts until after two minutes and felt it better to be aggressive and give Josh two shots at it instead of just one.  Didn't want to settle for a field goal, wanted the TD.  Plays just didn't work out.

That was only roughly half of the interview but I can't transcribe everything lol.  There was something about getting Diggs involved too but I dont remember what was said.

He is correct, in hindsight, should call a run.  1st down 2:12 left at the 22. Get 2-4 yards, clock stops at 2 minutes. You have 2 plays to get 6-8 yards for a first, and you can then run the clock down to the 3 seconds needed for a FG, even with KC's 2 TOs. Even if you don't get the first down, you make KC blow their TOs.

53 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I never thought we were going to beat KC so I didn’t look ahead here but man do we need this one. You almost have to assume the Cowboys are so for a dud here at some point but man find a way to get this one. We win this and we are in incredible shape. We lose and it’s probably over.

A couple weeks ago i thought we would beat Philly, lose to KC, beat Dallas.   Wrong, wrong, ???.  

But one thing for sure, it’s definitely not over if they lose to Dallas.  It hurts but it’s not over.

4 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Response from the haiku control board:

Yes. Haiku are reserved for weeks in which we're going to squish the fish

Haiku control board?!

Poetry moderation?!

Two Bills Drive Nazis!

Bending tradition

Is fair game, given the team.

Billdos on field too??

Gary ran his mouth

Three decades ago to Mark.

But “third time’s the charm!”

Newtonian truth:

As Mark’s blood pressure goes UP,

Dallas must go DOWN.

Skip Bayless is wrong.

Nick Wright nose nothing, really.

But Kay understands:

Cowboys on the road…

Buffalo’s record at home…

Queen City SLAUGHTER.

Special note to Dunne:

Traitor to Western New York!

Want our 8 dollars?!

You’re an ugly troll.

We’ll “McKelvin” your front yard.

Bills fans galvanized.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So my daughter has a dance recital this upcoming Sunday at 4:30, thing might last until 6 or so.  Her part will only last about 5 minutes of that whole time.  For the rest of the recital, what does this group think about me slipping an earpod into one ear, in order to listen to the first half?  Acceptable??? 

• Like (+1) 5

45 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

So my daughter has a dance recital this upcoming Sunday at 4:30, thing might last until 6 or so.  Her part will only last about 5 minutes of that whole time.  For the rest of the recital, what does this group think about me slipping an earpod into one ear, in order to listen to the first half?  Acceptable??? 

no DVR option? That’s what I would do. We need you 100% focused on this game! 

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Is this even a question? A better option, watch it on your smartphone when she is not dancing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, zow2 said:

Can we just get back to one of these games where the Bills put up 38+…

I feared the KC defense as a unit.  I do not fear Dallas.  It was just a couple weeks ago they gave up to Seattle:

35 points

406 total yards

334 passing to Geno

25 first downs

9 of 14 3rd down conversions 

sacked once

Dk metcalf went OFF tho. We don’t have a skill ht wt speed freak like that 

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Watch the game on your cell phone.  The first time I met my last GF's famiy was at dinner for the Bills/Pats playoff game 2 years ago.  I watched it from my phone.  Dinner was over, I went to the bar to watch the rest of the game.

• Like (+1) 2

Cowboys fans having a raging debate about Josh Allen, some saying he's the best QB they'll see in the regular season and the Boys better be ready, and others saying he's in the top 10 but a turnover machine so they're not worried at all.  Most though, acknowledge that the Bills are dangerous right now, with their backs to the wall - and that the Cowboys have not played their best football on the road.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Cowboys fans having a raging debate about Josh Allen, some saying he's the best QB they'll see in the regular season and the Boys better be ready, and others saying he's in the top 10 but a turnover machine so they're not worried at all.  Most though, acknowledge that the Bills are dangerous right now, with their backs to the wall - and that the Cowboys have not played their best football on the road.

Even Sports Personalities are asking who is better: Dak or Allen? 

It's always been Allen but they are trying to say Dak has been better the last 5 years (Undisputed)

• Eyeroll 2

Awe man I want this game so bad… Now supposedly Dallas is all butt hurt and feels disrespected cause there 2.5 point underdogs… at least we can say we’ve beaten a good team on the road… They think there hero’s cause the beat the eagles.. Hell we were fixin on blowing them out till the refs got involved 

Took a few minutes to browse some of the cowboys forums.  They are some of the most uninformed, just regurgitating the same old national narrative about our Bills, fans I have seen all year.  "Josh can only beat us with his legs"  "He is inaccurate"  "Our defense cannot pressure without blitzing"  "We have no running game"  "We are a mid-team in the AFC"   "Get a lead early and we will crumble"

You can just sense that they only watch Skip Bayless and their own team and have no real knowledge of the rest of the NFL outside of Dallas.

Reality wears #17 and he's about to slap them in the face.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Defensive Splits for the Cowboys:

image.thumb.png.2db66d47940e104fc2e84fdbd5bd5dce.png

Offensive Splits for the Cowboys:

image.thumb.png.2d8b55726f6c015a3b818e0ad24070c5.png

Cowboys average a full yard per play less on the road and Dak has an 11% lower completion percentage, his QB Rating is 31 points lower and he has thrown 8 TDs with 4 INTs versus 20 TDs and 3 INTs at home.

Defensively, they allow 8% higher completion percentage, 0.5 YPC more on the ground, and have allowed 10 passing TDs with only 4 INTs versus 7 passing TDs with 9 INTs at home along with a 23+ point higher QB Rating allowed.

Not surprisingly Dallas Dallas' Point Differential is +171 at home and +17 on the road and average over 18 PPG less on the road.

Dallas is not a great road team, the Bills can win this game and it may not be as difficult as we think.

You had me until you said " it may not be as difficult as we think."

When have the Bills last won an easy game? Or when is the last Bills win that hasn't been difficult? 

Been a long long time. The Cowboys are rolling and a very good team. To imply this game might not be difficult seems to be a stretch to put it kindly. 

10 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I get less worried when Buffalo is playing good teams. It's the lessers that I worry about. It's like how we see some teams that beats Buffalo act like they just won the Super Bowl. Teams tend to play to the level of their competition. 

or down to

Disagree here. Would you rather play the Cowboys on Sunday or Carolina? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, BRH said:

Right about now would be a good time to put Trevon Diggs' quote on the bulletin board at OBD.

I think Josh will be extra motivated for this one.  FU Trevon for trying to mess with Bills locker room.  Trevon- that was super disrespectful.  Now your team is going to pay because of your stupid, big, full of *****, mouth.  FU Trevon.  FU Cowboys.  I didn't need another reason to hate Dallas

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Process said:

When is the best time to buy tix for this game? They usually go down in price the couple of days before the game right? Or should I get them today before they all get gobbled up? 

When I was scouring for bengals playoff tickets friday night and Saturday night were the best times.  

Late friday would have been the cheapest and I kicked myself for not pulling the trigger.  I ended up spending 40$ more each ticket on sunday.

15 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Miami goes 2-1 and we go 3-0,  Week 18 is for Division

If Miami goes 1-2 and we go 2-1,  Week 18 is for the Division

If the unthinkable happens, Miami goes 0-3  to 9-7  and we go 2-1 / 3-0, 

I think Week 18 they can still win Division if they beat us?  

I had to look this up but if this happened week 18 would be for the division. The next tie breaker after head to head and division record (both would be 3-3) is record vs common opponents.  

The 2 uncommon opponents for them are titans and ravens which would both be losses.  The 2 uncommon for the bills are chiefs and jag which went 1-1.

Therefore I believe week 18 is for the division no matter what as long as miami loses at least 1 more time than the bills over the next 3 weeks.

9 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

ABSOLUTELY!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Why haven't you and I watched a game at some S. Jersey watering hole?

Well my last four seasons have been: COVID, child year 0, child year 1, slowly unfogging my brain 😁

But where do you recommend? If we get to the playoffs, South Jersey Mafia?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This is a game where I hope the weather is actually not great. It'd be nice if Dallas couldn't just throw all over the field. 

Also, it'd be awesome if we could get the crowd to chant "Ya here we go" everytime the cowboys offense is on the field 

This would be awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

Two things that really concern me about this game.

1. How will the Bills OL hold up against the Cowboys pass rush. KC especially in the 2nd half was getting after Allen pretty good. Dallas can do the same.

2. Can the Bills secondary contain CeeDee Lamb. If they can do a good job against Lamb that will go a long way containing the Cowboys offense. 

I do expect a relatively high scoring game. Definitely higher than 20-17

1 hour ago, section122 said:

I had to look this up but if this happened week 18 would be for the division. The next tie breaker after head to head and division record (both would be 3-3) is record vs common opponents.  

The 2 uncommon opponents for them are titans and ravens which would both be losses.  The 2 uncommon for the bills are chiefs and jag which went 1-1.

Therefore I believe week 18 is for the division no matter what as long as miami loses at least 1 more time than the bills over the next 3 weeks.

I think the 3rd tiebreaker is conference record.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.