Today is another example of why our season isn’t over (Updated - 1/7 - WE’RE IN as the 2 seed!)

BillsFan619

We’re ONE game behind every single wild card leader:

-The Steelers, who were just dominated by the Cardinals and don’t have a good QB (and who also may be out for a couple weeks with an ankle injury)

-The Browns, who just lost to the Rams and have either an aging QB or DTR to help them fulfill their playoff dreams

-The Colts, who have Gardner Minshew (career journeyman). While they’re schedule is not brutal, they could lose a few of their remaining games

-The Texans, who have a good QB but a rookie, and their #1 WR is out for the year

Yes, we have to play this one week at a time. That said, the offense is starting to look like the offense we’ve known over the past few years.

And for the people who say they need to see it, we’ve seen it the past three years. We’ve had an EIGHT game win streak to close out 2022, a FOUR game win streak to close out 2021 and a SIX game win streak to close out 2020.

Oh, and like no team above us, we have one of the best QBs in the league in JA.

90.jpeg

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 21
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 10

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Today is another example of why our season isn’t over

In 2020 the bills had an 8 game winning streak until they lost the afc championship game 

in 2021 the bills had a 5 game winning streak until they lost in the divisional round

in 2022 the bills had an 8 game winning streak until they lost in the divisional round 

yes, even with McDermott

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1

If we don't go 4-1 it won't matter what the others do. We have to take care of our own business and so far we've done a very poor job.  We'll see but we waited way too long to replace Dorsey.  It's infuriating how close we are to being 10-2.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Success said:

Chiefs game is everything.  I'll feel pretty good if we can get that W.

It would be amazing if we can go undefeated rest of season. Its possible. 
-Chiefs

-Cowboys

-Chargers

-Pats

-Dolphins

Edited by Gman10
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

We’re ONE game behind every single wild card leader:

-The Steelers, who were just dominated by the Cardinals and don’t have a good QB (and who also may be out for a couple weeks with an ankle)

-The Browns, who just lost to the Rams and have either an aging QB or DTR to help them fulfill their playoff dreams

-The Colts, who have Gardner Minshew (career journeyman). While they’re schedule is not brutal, they could lose a few of their remaining games

-The Texans, who have a good QB but a rookie, and their #1 WR is out for the year

Yes, we have to play this one week at a time. That said, the offense is starting to look like the offense we’ve known over the past few years.

And for the people who say they need to see it, we’ve seen it the past three years. We’ve had a EIGHT game win streak to close out 2022, a FOUR game win streak to close out 2021 and a SIX game win streak to close out 2020.

Oh, and like no team above us, we have one of the best QBs in the league in JA.

Go Bills!

I refuse to give up on the season with a quarter of it still left

• Like (+1) 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I refuse to give up on the season with a quarter of it still left

It's beyond me why anyone would give up on the season given the talent we have. I'm not overly optimistic - I see the warts we all see - just seems like some folks are more interested in the hope of the offseason (when no games/championships can be won) over what's possible and right in front of us.

• Like (+1) 9

It’s why those quitting the season after the Broncos game and Eagles game are losers. 

“Wahhhhhh how could we ever win a game with Sean McDermott. “

The guy brought you the winning culture that you suddenly take for granted. The one that didn’t exist in your mind’s eye 5 years ago.  Let’s see the winning culture you’ve developed in your life to be throwing stones at him. 

*crickets*

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

It’s why those quitting the season after the Broncos game and Eagles game are losers. 

The guy brought you the winning culture that you suddenly take for granted. The one that didn’t exist in your mind’s eye 5 years ago.  Let’s see the winning culture you’ve developed in your life to be throwing stones at him. 

*crickets*

Josh Allen brought a winning culture. McDermott brings stupidity late in games.  Spare me...😅

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, buffblue said:

The idea that we're one game out is simply not true. It's more than that because we own literally no tiebreakers against anybody and have by far the worst conference record. Can't just look at 7-5 vs 6-6

We own the tiebreaker w/Dolphins if Bills win out.

Own it w/KC if the Bills win out.

What are you talking about?

CRAP! I SAID "IF!" 

Now the Great Pumpkin will never come!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We own the tiebreaker w/Dolphins if Bills win out.

Own it w/KC if the Bills win out.

What are you talking about?

CRAP! I SAID "IF!" 

Now the Great Pumpkin will never come!!!

Lmao what are you talking about? Last I checked the OP was comparing our playoff chances to other wild card contenders, not the Dolphins. Reading comprehension is your friend

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, buffblue said:

The idea that we're one game out is simply not true. It's more than that because we own literally no tiebreakers against anybody and have by far the worst conference record. Can't just look at 7-5 vs 6-6

exactly… trade the victories against the Giants and Commanders for victories against the Broncos and Pats instead, and I’d feel a LOT better about losing one more game out of our last 5. Stupid division and conference tiebreakers.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I watch these games around the league every week.  Every week I see the supposed best teams in the NFL play really well some weeks and then terribly average the next.  Coaching issues aside, I am still not convinced that when we play our best ball (which hasn't happened much this season at all), that we aren't the best team in the league.  It's so strange to say that sitting at 6-6 out of the Playoffs, but there is not a team we play that scares me talent wise where I just think we are outclassed on the field.  The problem this season, more so than execution, is our coaching. 

While it is just a 2 week sample size, it is very obvious to see that Dorsey held this offense back all season.  I can think of at least 3 losses that if Dorsey just uses common sense, they are wins and we aren't even having this conversation about rooting for other teams to lose to get in.  Add that to the fact that McDermott pisses and craps his pants every time a game is close and comes down to him getting a defensive stop, and it is becoming more and more obvious every week that the only place we are outclassed on the field is on the sideline with our coaching staff. 

If Brady rights the ship here on offense for the rest of the season and we can average 28+ points every game, and if we can just get McDermott to stop throwing up all over himself, this season can still be salvaged.  But that is a ton of "ifs" and McDermott has shown no signs in 5 years of figuring out how to win the games in crunch time.  That's why as of now, we are going to be watching career backups and journeymen QBs with below average teams in the Playoffs while we sit home trying to figure out what WR we want to draft with out mid first round pick.  So frustrating.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

*crickets*

Well some have rotten egg all over their face but they like it that way.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If we don't go 4-1 it won't matter what the others do. We have to take care of our own business and so far we've done a very poor job.  We'll see but we waited way too long to replace Dorsey.  It's infuriating how close we are to being 10-2.

Also close to being 4-8

• Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

*crickets*

The culture died against Cinci in the playoffs last year. This team is on Josh’s shoulders now, we will only go as far as he can take us.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.