Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

1 hour ago, RkFast said:

"Cut him, hes just the punter."

This was THE talking point with regard to the Araiza situation among the majority of Bills Mafia, uttered by fans everywhere, by WGR hosts and even by some prominient Twitter personalities who like to profess that women's rights is one of their priorities. 

People want to pretend stature on the team doesnt matter. But it does and Bills Mafia, with all its self-righeousness, proved that last Spring every time they uttered that phrase. "Hes just the punter."  WHO the player is matters a lot. Like it or not.  

If I have to take the time to explain why a rookie punter is expendable in that case I really doubt you would have the mental capacity to understand it. 

You're wrong.

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Stop you’d all be liking photoshopped pictures of him in a Duke lacrosse Jersey if he was at all productive or we had a chance at the Super Bowl.

I shouldn’t have said “we” obviously people will have a different opinion on any issue. I’m sorry that life has burned me too many times where I ever little empathy for strangers, don’t forget if you become too busy looking out for others no one will look after you. If Von Miller didn’t play football no one would care about these two individuals at all.

So people will have different opinions, yet you still can't help but tell me how I would feel. Again dude, sorry your life has burned and sent you down a jaded and self serving path that you can't show empathy. Hope you find inner peace 

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think the Bills should not make any roster changes and wait until they see how this plays out.  They probably should not put him on the field.  Cutting him is too expensive right now.  If he's exonerated, fine, the Bills can make future decisions on the basis of football merit.  If Miller is found to be guilty, the league will take the appropriate steps and the Bills will be relieved of the salary cap burden they are bearing for having signed Miller.  Miller's football career will be over at that point.  By the end of any disciplinary action the league might take, Miller will be too old to realistically resume his career. 

And they will… the Bills and the NFL will not rush and will spend time investigating with local authorities in Texas before making a decision.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

1. who's "he"?

2. what part of "Maybe it will get swept under the rug legally but did he rough her up? Oh yes I think so. I think where there is smoke there very possibly is fire. We are not a jury privy to all facts of this case. But the facts aren't just conjecture and innuendo. There is actual evidence of a crime in this case. Video is very difficult evidence to refute."   is "gossip"...and not simply voicing an opinion based on a police complaint/arrest warrant/widely reported story?

1. he thinks I am a guy. THAT is gossip. I'm not so there is that. 🤭

in any case one definition of  Opinion  is

"a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty". Although an opinion may lack certainty, it is the basis for many discussions, and can lead toward further understanding about any issue or topic brought forward.

me stating Von Miller  had past DV behavior does muddy the waters in a negative light towards #40. I will cop to that.  It was gossipy.. While a previous investigation took place in CO he was never charged. Fair is Fair. The rest is my opinion and I stand by it. Again this is no court of law and my opinion/ gossip/ whatever ultimately means Squat.

@Chaos

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

Perhaps been said already, but guessing that Von/Diggs commercial just got retired.

Horribel situation, I feel bad for G/F (victim), if true...admittedly I might have missed recent info.

Team might catch a break with Vons contract.  

If this was Josh (and it never would be), he'd be getting the "Big Ben" / rehab image treatment.  So let's not fool ourselves about any moral high ground of team (guessing majority of fans as well).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kota said:

Miller needs to go period. If you will drop a rookie punter on allegations then you need to do the same with Miller.  Besides this isn't the first incident with him.  He had something in 2021 that was dropped.  He was also accused of making a sex tape and releasing it.

now the cops have photo evidence of the assault.

See yah.

hindsight is 20/20 but this is a terrible signing all around due to the injury and now this.  giving that kind of money to a 34 year old at the time doens't make a ton of sense. 

Two different situations,  one person under age claiming she was raped the other common law who now says nothing happened .  Not unusual for couples to get into heated arguments, some times the woman punches and man gets blamed.  No one knows what happened but it's not like she changed her story a week later,  denied anything happened less then 24 hours.

The allegations of underage gang rape were sickening and her lawyer was pushing graphic descriptions daily on social media.  Two totally different situations 

How about Allen and his girlfriend getting into argument the night before Cincy playoff game

56 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If I have to take the time to explain why a rookie punter is expendable in that case I really doubt you would have the mental capacity to understand it. 

You're wrong.

The Bills had no choice because the media would be asking questions on a daily basis. Now we find out the whole thing was made up,  in fact there is a video of the accuser attending a party very intoxicated and bragging about her sexual conquests.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You're wrong.

Dude you literally just proved my point. 

And really no reason for the insults. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

It’s not even about being given a pass.. 

Why is it the leagues responsibility to take action on someone when the person who alleged something happened, hours later.. says it didn’t happen?

Sure, they’ll look into it, but I’m not sure what the NFL, who has the NFLPA to deal with, is supposed to do about something that allegedly happened … then… allegedly didn’t happen. 

Good questions.  

So the NFL and NFLPA made a thing about taking a stand against DV.  How much is FR and how much ‘blowing snow’, can’t tell ya.  

But I believe the policy requires the NFL to conduct their own investigation, independent of conviction

Upthread I gave two examples

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

The way this season is going, Von will not be suspended, the Bills won’t want to put him on the field because of public outcry and they’ll be stuck paying him to sit on the bench. 

Wait a minute…….

This is exactly what will happen. Ironically the bills still benefit from it. Anybody is better than von right now but we are kind of forced to play a $100 million dollar man. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

This is exactly what will happen. Ironically the bills still benefit from it. Anybody is better than von right now but we are kind of forced to play a $100 million dollar man. 

We are not paying him to stay at home. If he is not worthy of being suspended or cut or put on IR, he's playing (or at least dressing and then being named inactive) as far as I'm concerned. I don't waste food and I wont tolerate throwing away money. We don't have that luxury. It's bad enough we lost Araiza and the draft pick.

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, chongli said:

We are not paying him to stay at home. I If he is not worthy of being suspended or cut or put on IR, he's playing (or at least dressing and then being named inactive) as far as I'm concerned. I don't waste food and I I won't tolerate throwing away money. We don't have that luxury. It's bad enough we lost Araiza and the draft pick.

Anyone on a practice squad would be more effective than him. That would be like starting Elam over Benford because he was drafted in the 1st round. His contract is a sunk cost and should have no barring on playing time

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Perhaps been said already, but guessing that Von/Diggs commercial just got retired.

Horribel situation, I feel bad for G/F (victim), if true...admittedly I might have missed recent info.

Team might catch a break with Vons contract.  

If this was Josh (and it never would be), he'd be getting the "Big Ben" / rehab image treatment.  So let's not fool ourselves about any moral high ground of team (guessing majority of fans as well).

Just as well. Those outfits were ugly anyway. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, chongli said:

We are not paying him to stay at home. If he is not worthy of being suspended or cut or put on IR, he's playing (or at least dressing and then being named inactive) as far as I'm concerned. I don't waste food and I wont tolerate throwing away money. We don't have that luxury. It's bad enough we lost Araiza and the draft pick.

I mean, that’s very admirable.  But there’s this thing called commissioner’s exempt list, where Goodell says it’s too controversial to have this guy dressed and out there but we really have no cause to suspend him (yet).  

Then that’s exactly what happens-he gets paid to sit home

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, that’s very admirable.  But there’s this thing called commissioner’s exempt list, where Goodell says it’s too controversial to have this guy dressed and out there but we really have no cause to suspend him (yet).  

Then that’s exactly what happens-he gets paid to sit home

Thank you for stating that. That would be ok. If he is put on the Exempt List, then we have no choice. But I just don't want a Deshaun Watson situation, where he is not on the Exempt List, but he is told to stay home and still get paid. Either put him on the Exempt List, or don't. But if you don't, Von Miller plays. We cannot afford to voluntarily pay him to sit; we're not rich like Dallas. The NFL must force our hand.

Edited by chongli

17 minutes ago, chongli said:

Thank you for stating that. That would be ok. If he is put on the Exempt List, then we have no choice. But I just don't want a Deshaun Watson situation, where he is not on the Exempt List, but he is told to stay home and still get paid. Either put him on the Exempt List, or don't. But if you don't, Von Miller plays. We cannot afford to voluntarily pay him to sit; we're not rich like Dallas. The NFL must force our hand.

This is a different situation than Watson IMO.  Chargers were actually filed against Miller.  While Watson was being sued, he had no criminal charges pending.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, chongli said:

Sitting Miller or losing him for the rest of the season is immaterial in my mind.  He is terrible and doesn't warrant getting a roster spot on game days.  

My interest in this story begins and ends with, AND IF, we have the ability to terminate his K and get out of salary cap hell with what is a disastrously bad deal.  That's the prize here.

The remainder of the year is neither here or there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, chongli said:

He is worthy of being cut, but the backlash from the national media would be beyond embarrassing. Imagine how much flack beane would get if he cut a player only a couple years after signing a $100 million dollar contract.  Not to mention cutting him would cost more than keeping him on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

He is worthy of being cut, but the backlash from the national media would be beyond embarrassing. Imagine how much flack beane would get if he cut a player only a couple years after signing a $100 million dollar contract.  Not to mention cutting him would cost more than keeping him on the roster. 

Imagine him putting him on the field

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Anyone else notice that the magic seemed to be gone once Von Miller got here? Last year seemed off and this year is weird. I miss 2019-2021 when we were explosive on offense and were a turnover machine on defense 

That's a bit unfair.  The Bills looked great for the first five or six games last season.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Anyone else notice that the magic seemed to be gone once Von Miller got here? Last year seemed off and this year is weird. I miss 2019-2021 when we were explosive on offense and were a turnover machine on defense 

Von was instrumental in beating the Chiefs on the road in 2022 forcing the game winning int.  He made a strip sack in the third v the pesky Jets on the road in ‘22 that should have won the game. Only the team didn’t win.  He made a game winning sack v the Vikings in ‘22 putting them in fourth and forever.  Then Cam completed the catch for JJ.  Was third in the NFL in pressure rate at the time of the injury. The NFLPA wants to ban the turf he got injured on because it causes so many injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would think that his contract has a clause in it which allows the Bills to walk away and limit their cap exposure significantly. If not, that’s on the Bills FO. You don’t sign a guy with a checkered history to a deal that big without protection.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.