Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

perhaps a cap person can weigh in here: if he has a morality clause, and we void the contract, does that void dead money, etc?  Or is it like cutting him without having to pay him the guaranteed money?  

I would assume guaranteed money is the would be “dead money,” so if he’s suspended under the NFL’s PCP, the cap room just went up. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

This will at least get him off the field for the KC game. 

I think it’s a pretty safe bet we don’t see Von again this year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I guess Diggs can now say "I'm wearing the gold leather"!  Bet we won't see that commercial any longer.

interesting.  if they are paid on how long it runs, does Diggs have a claim against Miller.  (likely were paid upfront regardless of use).  

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

perhaps a cap person can weigh in here: if he has a morality clause, and we void the contract, does that void dead money, etc?  Or is it like cutting him without having to pay him the guaranteed money?  

We’re absolutely screwed.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't know any of these answers but I would guess that the league itself would be fairly accommodating in allowing the Bills to maneuver themselves into position to release him just so that he is not on anybody's roster next year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

That will ruin our season.  Last year it was the Topps shooting and Damar, and now this!  How can these guys be expected to be good at football with such distractions???

Are you serious? This is minor stuff and well, frequent for NFLers. Not at all like the Topps shooting, Damar, snow game in Detroit, etc. And it's just an accusation, he 's not been found guilty. 

• Agree 1

Just now, RousseauRage said:

Police reports are hearsay, they confirm nothing and are not evidence.

An affidavit isn’t though, that just came out and details what he’s accused to have done. If she has injuries consistent with her story that are supported by medical staff, Miller is done. 

At least in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Innocent until proven guilty, but what is the best case scenario for Von given those facts?

If all those things are true, I'd guess the league is open to the idea of the Bills finding a way to get him off the roster without massive cap damage and will be happy to have him no longer affiliated with the NFL in any way.

Likely permanently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They found bruises on her ABDOMEN. A pregnant woman. Also bruises on her neck and minor abrasions on her hand.

Innocent until proven guilty, but what is the best case scenario for Von given those facts?

Best case scenario for him is he is released by the Bills who eat his contract. 

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the more specific allegations:

Gotta wait for more facts to come out. But there are bruises and abrasions on a pregnant woman. I don't really see how even the best case scenario here could be anything less than damning for Von Miller.

I'm pretty sure that Von's days in the NFL are done....unless this woman is totally lying....but the bruises on her body seem to back up her story. Crazy how a few minutes of anger can ruin someone's life/livelihood.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They found bruises on her ABDOMEN. A pregnant woman. Also bruises on her neck and minor abrasions on her hand.

He buys the alleged victim off, she doesn’t testify, and the prosecutor declines to prosecute. 

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

I'm pretty sure that Von's days in the NFL are done....unless this woman is totally lying....but the bruises on her body seem to back up her story. Crazy how a few minutes of anger can ruin someone's life/livelihood.

I’d gather that if this is true, it isn’t the first time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.