AFC East Miami Dolphins (7-3) @ New York Jets(4-6) Friday 3pm FOX

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Final 3 weeks of season will tell us exactly who the Dolphins are really are especially if Bills are also still over .500 and in playoff picture when they meet in season finale. But it's fair to have doubts since they have only beat up teams that are .500 or under when they've played them. Talent is there regardless but a 2nd straight late season collapse in south beach could loom large if Bills do their part are final game means something for one or both teams.

I wouldn’t even call them doubts I’d say it’s on the dolphins to prove they can beat a good team at this point.  They’re 0-8 since our week 3 game last year against teams that ended up/will end up making the playoffs(assuming bills make it this year which they may not). They have a -94 point differential in those games if I did the math right 😂

mcdaniel deserves a lot of credit for designing an offensive system that minimizes tuas weaknesses but the good teams are exploiting them still.  I just can’t see them stringing together wins in the playoffs

Barring a train wreck in Miami they’ll win the division and have a home playoff game. They took care of business against NYJ and NE while we couldn’t get out of our own way. 

Yes I’d love us to win out and beat MIA to win the division but we haven’t been consistent all year. Hoping we can win enough to get into the playoffs. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Bills are gonna have to win 2 out of the next 3 and the following 2 to keep pace with the Fins for the division. The Fins are for all their flaws able to beat mid level and bad teams. They can win their next three “easy” games and then just split the difficult next two and the division is out of reach unless the Bills win out which is unlikely. 

A win on Sunday would greatly improve the outcome of the season as then the Bills can pile up a split in the next two and win the two more winnable games and give themselves a shot to be one game behind Miami.

29 minutes ago, wppete said:

Thats an awful injury. Huge loss for them, he’s a great player. Hopefully he recovers quick. 

I’ve never seen this many Achilles injuries ever. The last few years have been crazy. Is it the turf??? What’s going on? 

Historically that turf at MetLife is guilty of several players a year having season ending injury. It's pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Barring a train wreck in Miami they’ll win the division and have a home playoff game. They took care of business against NYJ and NE while we couldn’t get out of our own way. 

Yes I’d love us to win out and beat MIA to win the division but we haven’t been consistent all year. Hoping we can win enough to get into the playoffs. 

They’ve got an equal amount of tough games left imo and have a history of not showing up against good teams.  We’re guaranteed to have the tiebreaker if we beat them week 18 and close a 1.5 game gap.  It’s far from over.  

If we were 6-5 with a loss to Miami already it would definitely take a trainwreck 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

People are already calling it the Fail Mary.

Sometimes this ***** just writes itself. Brilliant!

17 minutes ago, wppete said:

He looks lost out there. He looks checked out. 

His expression reminds me of the cop at the end of The Usual Suspects when he realizes he's been duped. Turns out Wilson was Keyzer Soze after all

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They’ve got an equal amount of tough games left imo and have a history of not showing up against good teams.  We’re guaranteed to have the tiebreaker if we beat them week 18 and close a 1.5 game gap.  It’s far from over.  

If we were 6-5 with a loss to Miami already it would definitely take a trainwreck 

While true, they also have an easy 3 next games. They win those they get to 11 wins. I don't see the Bills get that many. 

55 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I noticed the stare as well. There was no fire left in him, he just wanted to be anywhere but there.  

The complexity for the owner is AR is coming back for one year. He’s why they brought Hackett in. Does he have enough sway to keep the staff for one more year? I don’t think so but it will be interesting 🧐 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Tua Tagovailoa: 404 touches 14 turnovers (3.47%) Josh Allen: 435 touches 15 turnovers (3.45%) One is an MVP Candidate, the other is a turnover machine. Make it make sense.

Tua has so many horrendous throws right to defenders dropped too I just don’t understand it. 

josh has played an extra game too so there’s a good chance tua pulls even with him in total turnovers 

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Tua has so many horrendous throws right to defenders dropped too I just don’t understand it. 

josh has played an extra game too so there’s a good chance tua pulls even with him in total turnovers 

after today, they have played the same number

10 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

While true, they also have an easy 3 next games. They win those they get to 11 wins. I don't see the Bills get that many. 

If we beat philly I think we’ve got a shot at 11…kc with us coming off a bye doesn’t seem out of the question.  Kelce is startin to look his age 

the rasul Douglas trade has me feelin pretty optimistic…I think von miller is gonna be playing without his knee brace pretty soon too.  

14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Tua Tagovailoa: 404 touches 14 turnovers (3.47%) Josh Allen: 435 touches 15 turnovers (3.45%) One is an MVP Candidate, the other is a turnover machine. Make it make sense.

Tua's turnovers are mainly the result of his own limitations, which opponents exploit.  Josh does not have those limitations, so his turnovers are the result of him not playing to his full potential (whether that's his fault or his coaches' fault) and not something the opponent is doing to him.

Hence, Tua is fulfilling more of his potential than Josh is, and so he "looks" like he's playing better than Josh, even though Josh at 80% efficiency is still better than Tua at 100% efficiency.  And that's why he's getting more MVP talk.  Well, that and the fact his team has more wins. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This game was disgusting for NYJ.   It’s been a while since I’ve seen a QB play so poorly.  

To be fair Douglas and Saleh put all of their eggs in the Rodgers basket which dictated a lot of really bad choices that screwed them over - namely Hackett, Lazard, Cobb, Boyle and Cook.  Sadly, they are stuck with several of these people next season.

I get that Zach Wilson has been a disappointment but they probably fare better with him or Simian as QB.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Tua's turnovers are mainly the result of his own limitations, which opponents exploit.  Josh does not have those limitations, so his turnovers are the result of him not playing to his full potential (whether that's his fault or his coaches' fault) and not something the opponent is doing to him.

Hence, Tua is fulfilling more of his potential than Josh is, and so he "looks" like he's playing better than Josh, even though Josh at 80% efficiency is still better than Tua at 100% efficiency.  And that's why he's getting more MVP talk.  Well, that and the fact his team has more wins. 

Wrong. Josh is held to a higher standard because the talking heads had a pre draft notion about him and want be right. Ie. ‘I told you so’

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

This game was disgusting for NYJ.   It’s been a while since I’ve seen a QB play so poorly.  

Did you miss our game last week?  

Both QBs for the Jets last week, individually or combined, were notably worse than Boyle was today.  

15 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Tim Boyle threw 40 times, Breece Hall ran 7 times

Saleh is losing the locker room week by week. The sad thing a lot of it is Joe Douglas's doing

Perhaps because the Dolphins were loading the box all game and daring the Jets to try to pass?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BRH said:

It’s all narrative driven. Hard to get people to move off their spot.

Teams were “Tanking for Tua” the year he came out and the year Josh Allen came out he was considered “a parody of a QB prospect”  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Looks like the Dolphins have lost Phillips for the year (and some of next year?) with an Achilles injury. It's a blow for the rest of their season because he was playing very well.

That sucks for the Phins but injuries are injuries. We've had our fair share this season too.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Saleh is a dead man walking. He's got the 1000-yard stare. 

So does Rodgers promote Hackett to Head Coach?  😛 

• Haha (+1) 3

• Simon featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, BRH said:

Wow, now this is both a weird and original take on Allen's TO's.  I don't buy it though.  IMO most of Allen's TO's result from two broad things:

1)  Allen can be reckless with the ball and he pushes the limits in pursuit of the big play. 

2)  Allen's supporting cast, from a problematic O line allowing immediate pressure situations to pass catchers that struggle winning 50/50 balls and/or let passes slip through their hands into those of the opponent.

I give credit to Miami for one thing.  They are 8-0 in games they are *supposed* to win.  A lot better than Buffalo.  They still have three more of those types of games and I refuse to believe they will go 11-0 in them.  Every team loses some unexpected quirky type games against lesser opponents.  So Miami is DUE!  That is my belief.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I give credit to Miami for one thing.  They are 8-0 in games they are *supposed* to win.  A lot better than Buffalo.  They still have three more of those types of games and I refuse to believe they will go 11-0 in them.  Every team loses some unexpected quirky type games against lesser opponents.  So Miami is DUE!  That is my belief.

Most teams also win games they aren't supposed to as well. I can see them beating the Ravens. It evens out in the end. I don't think the Bills win the division at this point.  

Funny - I caught a random Sopranos episode today and was reminded on Hard Knocks how they did the Sopranos opening with Jets theme one time - blasphemous at best, cringe at worst.  Just another reason to F them 

Go figure, dead man walking, Saleh, has taken it upon himself to criticize one of the best players on the team...publicly.

Great way to lose the rest of the locker room Bob.  What a terrible coach he turned out to be.  

Hope he gets another year to "run it back" with Aaron.

On 11/24/2023 at 7:55 PM, JohnNord said:

To be fair Douglas and Saleh put all of their eggs in the Rodgers basket which dictated a lot of really bad choices that screwed them over - namely Hackett, Lazard, Cobb, Boyle and Cook.  Sadly, they are stuck with several of these people next season.

I get that Zach Wilson has been a disappointment but they probably fare better with him or Simian as QB.  

In a vaccum, yes, but therumors around the team is basically they were about to have the players revolt if they put Zach on the field again. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.