AFC East Miami Dolphins (7-3) @ New York Jets(4-6) Friday 3pm FOX

HOUSE

I think the Jets are going to work remotely* the remainder of the season.  They are disheartened and will give up.  They don't score, Garret Wilson is decaying with that QB play and Sauce is being exposed as much less than perfect. 

They won't compete.

*("Work remotely" being a more modern form of "mail it in")   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

I have a feeling the jests are doomed even before takeoff .  I would love to see otherwise but i just don't

Black Friday football eh?  I'll watch because it is in division. Otherwise meh prolly not. 

I think the NFL is beginning to step on my last nerve with all these new dates and venues for games. But even more so is the quagmire of which viewing platform works per game too.

Peacock, Youtube, Hulu, CBS ,  PRIME, am I forgetting any?

Im OLD and I dont like change.  NFL don't test me too much Im losing patience here

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If Boyle can get the ball out on time and where it's supposed to go, the Jets have a shot. Miami has a great offense...but last 2 games it's only put up 20 and 21 points. 

Jet defense coming off being gashed last week should be ready for a rebound. 

I think this one has the potential to go either way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If Boyle can get the ball out on time and where it's supposed to go, the Jets have a shot. Miami has a great offense...but last 2 games it's only put up 20 and 21 points. 

The Jets Oline is one of the if not worst in the NFL, I doubt Boyle lasts the full game tbh. 

The Jets can't score.  It's extremely difficult to win games when you can't even average one offensive TD per game.  

Not sure how they're going to win this one.  

Boyle may be better than Wilson.  He may not be as well.  Even if he is, he'd have to be a whole lot better.  

• Agree 1

Upon second glance, this game could get FUGLY very quickly.

Boyle has to be one of the worst collegiate QBs to ever start in the NFL.  

At UConn, in the AAC, over three seasons as a backup, he went 133 for 275 (48.4%), 4.5 YPA, 2.4 NYPA, had 1 TD and 13 INTs.  

Peterman may be better.  

If he's gonna be better than Wilson then bless him.  Good luck though.  

I wouldn't bet a bag of chips that they even log an offensive TD.  

Edited by PBF81

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

I think the Jets are going to work remotely* the remainder of the season.  They are disheartened and will give up.  They don't score, Garret Wilson is decaying with that QB play and Sauce is being exposed as much less than perfect. 

They won't compete.

*("Work remotely" being a more modern form of "mail it in")   

I think their defense is going to follow the trends and “quiet quit”

27 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The Jets Oline is one of the if not worst in the NFL, I doubt Boyle lasts the full game tbh. 

Well, you aren't wrong about the Jets OL. Bad play. Lots of injuries and I believe Becton is out today...he's actually been pretty solid this year.

Another thing that hasn't helped that OL is Zach hanging on to the ball way too long as well. If Boyle can get it out quicker that would help the Jets OL out a LOT. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, you aren't wrong about the Jets OL. Bad play. Lots of injuries and I believe Becton is out today...he's actually been pretty solid this year.

Another thing that hasn't helped that OL is Zach hanging on to the ball way too long as well. If Boyle can get it out quicker that would help the Jets OL out a LOT. 

Yeah Zach caused a lot of his own sacks no doubt but the little I saw of Boyle he isn't that mobile. 

• Like (+1) 1

Standard warning posters who don't want their virgin ears to hear naughty words.  Really gets cooking @ 5 minute mark.

This is the best Jets fan rant in a long, long time.  Adam, the ranter, is a teacher in Elmira, and his jester cap is...well it's outstanding.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Yeah Zach caused a lot of his own sacks no doubt but the little I saw of Boyle he isn't that mobile. 

Doesn't have to be. Just has to know where the ball goes and get it out. Less than 2.5 seconds.

The one thing that does work in Boyle's favor is he's been in that offense most of his career. I don't expect him to be great, but he may be just good enough.

• Like (+1) 1

Jet’s are a complete disaster. Sure I hope they win but the only way that happens is with multiple Miami turnovers and a Miami offensive meltdown. Hopefully this isn’t the week the refs decide to start calling holding on Sauce Grabner.

Edited by RunTheBall

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Upon second glance, this game could get FUGLY very quickly.

Boyle has to be one of the worst collegiate QBs to ever start in the NFL.  

At UConn, in the AAC, over three seasons as a backup, he went 133 for 275 (48.4%), 4.5 YPA, 2.4 NYPA, had 1 TD and 13 INTs.  

Peterman may be better.  

If he's gonna be better than Wilson then bless him.  Good luck though.  

I wouldn't bet a bag of chips that they even log an offensive TD.  

But...but...he says he is " dangerous "...🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

How did Tim Boyle ever manage to make the NFL? Guy was mediocre in high school and downright awful in college. 1 TD vs 13 INTs over three years at Connecticut. Then transfers to eastern Kentucky to face easier competition and improves to 11 TDs vs 13 INTs

How does a guy like that ever sniff even the arena league, nevertheless the NFL

All those loudmouths on that jets defense had better have their best game of the year.  I think you can make a case that a bad loss today could be it for Douglas and Saleh.  Those are Saleh's guys.  If they throw in the towel early today he is probably done.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I honestly can't imagine a scenario where this is even close in the second half.  Miami's defense might have 8 sacks today.  

This feels a lot like the two later games yesterday.  42-10 ish.  Hopefully not though, the Dolphins blowing a win today would be huge!

Edited by MikePJ76

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.