MNF Eagles @ Chiefs Game Thread

Process

49 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Hey, why isn't the league forcing the Hunt family to build a new stadium? Arrowhead is older than Highmark. 

Arrowhead had a complete renovation a number of years back. Erie County decided against a full renovation of RWS in favor of a partial ( and much less expensive) one in the mid 2010’s. This was simply delaying the inevitable. 

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Arrowhead had a complete renovation a number of years back. Erie County decided against a full renovation of RWS in favor of a partial ( and much less expensive) one in the mid 2010’s. This was simply delaying the inevitable. 

I know that. But it's still old and it lacks boxes. Eventually, they will have to build both a baseball and a football stadium. And why don't they need a dome? The weather gets pretty nasty there too. Tonight's game was definitely impacted by the weather.

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

They didn’t really decide against it. The foundation is cracking so they would have had to rebuild anyway. They didn’t have a choice. 

5 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Absolutely! For Baltimore. 

Don’t underestimate the loss of Mark Edwards to that team…but they are definitely dangerous.

Bottom line is that nobody looks unbeatable.  If the Bills hit their stride all goals are still in play.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Eagles are very beatable, so are the Chiefs. Chiefs were the better team last night but blew it, which is rare with KC and I loved seeing it.

Chiefs should have rolled them but 2 red zone turnovers kept the Eagles in it. One by Mahomes, one by Kelce. Love it.

Kelce is being doubled more often now because KC’s other weapons are garbage. Even then he doesn’t look as dominant but it’s just one game. Against us, MVS will probably go off and have 12 catches for 120 and 2 TDs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I don’t think enough attention is being paid to the fact that KC’s two most ballyhooed players made plays that directly led to their loss.  Kelce with the fumble on the 8-yard line and Mahomes with the ugly end zone pick.  They score a TD on either of those drives and they win.  And for good measure Kelce set the tone on the final drive by dropping an easy first-down pass. 

In big games you need your stars to show up and make plays, especially when your supporting cast is as weak as KC’s is.  They each laid an egg.  I’m here for all of that. 

You know what I noticed about this game?  Can only recall game stopped 1 time for injury.  During Bills games you can count on about 5 guys going down each game.  And we have to lead the league in ambulances on the field during the season.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BRH said:

I don’t think enough attention is being paid to the fact that KC’s two most ballyhooed players made plays that directly led to their loss.  Kelce with the fumble on the 8-yard line and Mahomes with the ugly end zone pick.  They score a TD on either of those drives and they win.  And for good measure Kelce set the tone on the final drive by dropping an easy first-down pass. 

In big games you need your stars to show up and make plays, especially when your supporting cast is as weak as KC’s is.  They each laid an egg.  I’m here for all of that. 

It’s old hat for KC, they are in the SB or AFC Championship practically every year. Also does ANYONE think it will be hard to get top end WR or TE to go to KC on a cheap deal just to win a SB with Mahomes? 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, KCNC said:

You know what I noticed about this game?  Can only recall game stopped 1 time for injury.  During Bills games you can count on about 5 guys going down each game.  And we have to lead the league in ambulances on the field during the season.

so true. They get 1 injury stoppage and we get a minimum of 1 “ambulance stoppage” per game. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It’s old hat for KC, they are in the SB or AFC Championship practically every year. Also does ANYONE think it will be hard to get top end WR or TE to go to KC on a cheap deal just to win a SB with Mahomes? 

Then why on earth is their top receiver currently Justin Watson?

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And Pats 

Denver game was a must,  you could include losses to Jets after Rogers went down and Pats.  So you add 3 more wins and gives us 9-2 record,  they were gifted with easy first half schedule and now have some heavy lifting to do in order to even make the playoffs

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The defense absolutely carrying that offense in 90% of games feels pretty new hat to me lol

they haven’t scored a second half point in three straight games 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Do you think a McDermott defense could hold AJ Brown to 1 catch?

With Douglas on him, who knows. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And Pats 

Best thing minus taking the top seed is the Jags or Ravens take the top seed and latter takes the #2 forcing the Chiefs to 3 or 4. Preferably 4. 

Edited by The Jokeman

• Simon unpinned this topic
29 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Hurts is such a weird guy to me. He’s good and makes plays, but I think he is incredibly overrated.

When he talked about as elite, I kind of roll my eyes

I honestly go back and forth on him. I have seen him throw the ball downfield like an elite QB. But overall I think he is mostly a pretty good system QB in a run and RPO heavy scheme. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I honestly go back and forth on him. I have seen him throw the ball downfield like an elite QB. But overall I think he is mostly a pretty good system QB in a run and RPO heavy scheme. 

He wins games, and his performance in the Super Bowl was very impressive but his stats are very meh. He’s a hard dude to read 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He wins games, and his performance in the Super Bowl was very impressive but his stats are very meh. He’s a hard dude to read 

He wins games.  He seldom loses games for them. Stats don’t matter in that context.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.