The Steelers are going to be the #1 seed

Miyagi-Do Karate

I really can’t believe this, but the Steelers will probably end up as the 1-seed with home field advantage, and yet  there are probably at least 20 better teams in the NFL.

check out the remainder of their schedule:

@ CLE (Dorian Thompson-Robinson)
@ CIN (Jake Browning)
vs AZ (Kyler Murray)
vs NE (Mac Jones/Bailey Zappe?)
@ IND (Gardner Minshew)
vs CIN (Jake Browning)
@ SEA (Geno Smith)
@ BAL (Lamar Jackson)

https://x.com/steelersnetwork/status/1725601870121672977?s=46&t=uEztWLHQe9squs0mVCzJCQ

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I really can’t believe this, but the Steelers will probably end up as the 1-seed with home field advantage, and yet  there are probably at least 20 better teams in the NFL.

@ CIN (Jake Browning)
vs AZ (Kyler Murray)
@ IND (Gardner Minshew)
vs CIN (Jake Browning)
@ SEA (Geno Smith)
@ BAL (Lamar Jackson)

https://x.com/steelersnetwork/status/1725601870121672977?s=46&t=uEztWLHQe9squs0mVCzJCQ

They're a 1-point underdog to the Browns. 

They'll be a near pick 'em at Bengals.

They'll be a near pick 'em at Colts.

They'll be a 5-pt underdog at Seahawks. 

They'll be 7-pt underdog at Ravens.

So basically they'll be a coin flip three times and a sizable underdog twice. They will almost surely drop at least two more games, probably three, and as many as four. That means 12-5, 11-6 or 10-7. All of which are definitely not good enough to secure the #1 seed.

13 minutes ago, beebe said:

They're a 1-point underdog to the Browns. 

They'll be a near pick 'em at Bengals.

They'll be a near pick 'em at Colts.

They'll be a 5-pt underdog at Seahawks. 

They'll be 7-pt underdog at Ravens.

So basically they'll be a coin flip three times and a sizable underdog twice. They will almost surely drop at least two more games, probably three, and as many as four. That means 12-5, 11-6 or 10-7. All of which are definitely not good enough to secure the #1 seed.

I hear you. But given that collection of QBs, their defense will score for them and they will win all those games, except possibly the Baltimore game. And that is a divisional game, which will be a total coin flip.

Every win has been a coin flip for them this year, and they have won them:

“ All six wins for the Steelers this season have come by a single score. The Steelers are 6-3, but outscored on the season by 26 points and for the ninth straight game were outgained by their opponent.”

https://www.audacy.com/937thefan/sports/pittsburgh-steelers/steelers-gain-ground-with-a-6th-one-score-win

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hear you. But given that collection of QBs, their defense will score for them and they will win all those games, except possibly the Baltimore game. And that is a divisional game, which will be a total coin flip.

“ All six wins for the Steelers this season have come by a single score. The Steelers are 6-3, but outscored on the season by 26 points and for the ninth straight game were outgained by their opponent.”

https://www.audacy.com/937thefan/sports/pittsburgh-steelers/steelers-gain-ground-with-a-6th-one-score-win

Sounds like you'll be making a lot of money. And by definition, a division game is NOT a coin flip when the spread is -7 or higher. 

Edited by beebe

They could end up with the 2 and they will get absolutely smoked by whatever usually good team that has been slumping puts it together and ends up as the 7.  Could be us or the chargers.  Not sure what to make of Houston yet.

teams will be losing games on purpose trying to get pit in the first round 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

11 minutes ago, beebe said:

Sounds like you'll be making a lot of money. And by definition, a division game is NOT a coin flip when the spread is -7 or higher. 

I have seen dozens of ravens-Steelers games over the years. That one will be like every other one. Going to be a coin flip. The spread doesn’t matter.  

this Steelers team— which is extremely mediocre— has bucked the odds the entire season, and now has a ridiculously easy schedule down the stretch. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

@ CIN (Jake Browning)
vs AZ (Kyler Murray)
@ IND (Gardner Minshew)
vs CIN (Jake Browning)
@ SEA (Geno Smith)
@ BAL (Lamar Jackson)

Browns will beat them this Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

@ CIN (Jake Browning)
vs AZ (Kyler Murray)
@ IND (Gardner Minshew)
vs CIN (Jake Browning)
@ SEA (Geno Smith)
@ BAL (Lamar Jackson)

They absolutely have a chance, don't know if it's a probable yet. Half of those are backups and there could be more by the time the game is played. The Ravens lost Andrews for the year and possibly Odell for a while too. Pickett will have to stay healthy to continue their barely treading water qb play, but I would say they probably will win the division now. Kind of bad of the Browns and Bengals to have so little behind their starting qbs. If I'm Haslam I'm kicking the browns gm squarely in the nuts for trading Dobbs preseason.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

@ CIN (Jake Browning)
vs AZ (Kyler Murray)
@ IND (Gardner Minshew)
vs CIN (Jake Browning)
@ SEA (Geno Smith)
@ BAL (Lamar Jackson)

Wish we had the schedule, going to be fun beating them 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You can see how all the evidence you're presenting actually suggests Pittsburgh will regress to the mean, right? That they've been incredibly fortunate so far in 2023, and that's unlikely to continue? (I guess Minnesota last season was this way for the entire REGULAR SEASON, winning close games despite being outplayed. But it's not the likely outcome.)

There is no chance. The Chiefs will be the 1 seed. They are favored in every game the rest of the way and they currently hold the tiebreaker over every team below them. They have a cakewalk to the Super Bowl. Does anyone really think the dolphins have any shot at going into a frigid game in January in KC and beating them? Does anyone really think the Ravens minus Mark Andrews will go in there and beat them? Trevor Lawrence is 0-3 all time vs Mahomes. Chad Henne even put up a touchdown drive vs the Jags for them last year. And Lawrence has been playing like crap this year. The Super Bowl will be the end of a very easy road for KC. The Cowboys, 49ers, and Eagles could all beat the Chiefs. But Andy Reid with extra time is a really hard thing to overcome.

Edited by Billiam93
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.