DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

***** plays don't make you a 1 read QB that throws into double and triple coverage, overthrow your wide open WRs by 5+ yards or drop passes that hit you in the hands.

Those are the reasons our offense can't get into a rhythm, not the playcalls.

You are absolutely wrong on all accounts.  

• Disagree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In all honesty, I truly believe Dorsey is being scapegoated.  

McDermott, imo, is the problem and I hope he proves otherwise with a hot streak here to end the season and make the playoffs.

Also, the players, for whatever reason.. are not executing.. at all.   Allen right there with everyone else.. and I hope he understands that he is a big part of the reason that the guy he vouched for to get the OC position, just got fired because of his reckless and careless play this season.  

Allen is the face of the team, and is making far too much money to be throwing the same sideline interception every other game, along with mind numbing plays like the fumble in an attempt to execute a simple handoff. 

Guys like Gabe have been put in a position they are not capable of, and that's on the FO/Staff for believing they could do it.  Someone like Allen has needed to be much better this season, and instead, he's been part of the issues. 

Having a Defensive-minded HC, with musical chairs at OC due to the lack of offensive HC stability, is also likely leading to Allen's regression. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

50 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Dorsey gets fired bc:

1: Cook cant hold onto the ball

2: Davis cant hold onto the ball.

3: Josh throws into double coverage

4: Josh drops a handoff on the ground

5: Def (which was stellar) commits PI at end of game

6: Def (which was stellar) has 12 men on the field.

Sounds like players arent executing to me.

Is it your belief that Dorsey was fired ONLY because of last night's game?

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

It's going to sound harsh, but Josh cost Dorsey his job. 

Dorsey has had plenty of issues, but he didn't make Josh & Co. turn the ball over so many times... It got to the point where fans were saying Josh was throwing the game.

Dorsey's gameplan was actually solid last night. Execution sunk it. Receivers dropping passes, poor decision making, fumbles on top of INTs... all soured huge improvements to the run game & overall balanced approach.

Josh knows what he is doing, believe me.  Dorsey had to go.  

Edited by jethro_tull

2 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Where do turnover and dropped passes fall in all of that. Doesn't player execution fall under you2 HC?  If we remove even half the turnovers, penalties and dropped passes things look so different right now from a Win/Loss standpoint.

At some phase accountability by your HC should take place.

Execution is absolutely an issue and where the responsibility is I don’t know. Probably everyone including players and coaches. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

***** plays don't make you a 1 read QB that throws into double and triple coverage, overthrow your wide open WRs by 5+ yards or drop passes that hit you in the hands.

Those are the reasons our offense can't get into a rhythm, not the playcalls.

Got to scheme guys open. Miami does it. We have a bad set of plays that do not take advantage of our talent or create mismatches. It's the same crap all the time against every team. Nothing schemed up that is new to take advantage of different defenses.  The whole league was on to us and knows what we are going to do all the time. That is on the OC. The other things you mention add into it, but if you scheme guys open you don't need to throw into double coverage. 

McDermott: "Hey, Joe Brady... congratulations you're my new OC. I expect big things and an immediate upgrade"

Brady: "Thanks, boss. I won't let you down. Been waiting for an opportunity like this. You can rest assured I'll fix this ASAP!"

McD:"That's what I like to hear. Anyway, have fun prepping for the Jets D"

Brady:

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I don't understand this take either. Why is making the playoffs 4 out of 6 years with an elite QB while peaking with 1 AFC championship game appearance 3 years ago in which we were blown out and have declined ever since such a big accomplishment?

Taking an organization who hadn't made the playoffs in 17 years, and then getting them to the playoffs 5 of 6 years is a huge accomplishment.  Anyone who says otherwise is letting their emotions get in the way of what McDermott has accomplished here.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Dorsey gets fired bc:

1: Cook cant hold onto the ball

2: Davis cant hold onto the ball.

3: Josh throws into double coverage

4: Josh drops a handoff on the ground

5: Def (which was stellar) commits PI at end of game

6: Def (which was stellar) has 12 men on the field.

Sounds like players arent executing to me.

Can we fire John Butler to not teaching our corners to turn around and find the ball ? 

Just now, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Got to scheme guys open. Miami does it. We have a bad set of plays that do not take advantage of our talent or create mismatches. It's the same crap all the time against every team. Nothing schemed up that is new to take advantage of different defenses.  The whole league was on to us and knows what we are going to do all the time. That is on the OC. The other things you mention add into it, but if you scheme guys open you don't need to throw into double coverage. 

Have you not watched a single analyst coverage or all 22 from the Bills this year? Our guys have been running wide open all season. Allen isn't throwing to them. He's keying in on his first read like a true freshman running an air raid offense.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

You are absolutely wrong on all accounts.  

Not really. Josh deserves some of the blame. He absolutely does the things you disagree with. Dorsey’s offense as a whole was terrible but there’s been a lot of times where Josh did exactly what Bull described. I don’t get why people refuse to see that Josh is a part of the problem. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

It's going to sound harsh, but Josh cost Dorsey his job. 

Dorsey has had plenty of issues, but he didn't make Josh & Co. turn the ball over so many times... It got to the point where fans were saying Josh was throwing the game.

Dorsey's gameplan was actually solid last night. Execution sunk it. Receivers dropping passes, poor decision making, fumbles on top of INTs... all soured huge improvements to the run game & overall balanced approach.

This is true.

Dorsey did turn out a pretty good game plan lastnight 

The execution wasn't there from the players, from the defense, and special teams...which is on McDermott 

• Agree 1

Part of me wonders is the issue with Diggs was that he decided to speak to someone like Beane or even Pegula about McDermott on behalf of some of the players but Josh didn't back him up.

That might explain his reaction after "meetings" this offseason. 

Sadly, because of what happened with Josh McDaniels I doubt McDermott would hold a "airing of grievances" meeting at this point. LOL 

Not that Dorsey deserved to stay but now,  he and Frazier are the scapegoats. Who's next?

The real problem is McDermott, and the way he manages and constructed the team. I have said it for years, McDermott has FAR to much power in the organization, and just isn't up to the task.

He needed to be fired before last night, and getting rid of him in a prompt manner would be a great step forward for our beloved franchise.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Dorsey, see door.

Right before that left deep out INT play (a bad decision/throw by JA17), a fan behind me (I think of DEN) said “let me guess double deep outs” which then happened.

Predictable. Unimaginative. Designs that strike fear into the hearts of no one save maybe some Bills players and fans.

Interested to hear Diggs’ take on this. 

Anyone know if Brady prefers booth to field? I think JA17 needs someone in his face and chewing him out like those Daboll clips. 

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Probably not. That's the concerning thing about Bills ownership and management. It's much more reactive than proactive. 

I don’t believe that. That last drive sure did look like McD was calling the offensive plays. Unless I was seeing things it didn’t look like Dorsey had a headset on or was happy. 

There was no game plan in place to attack a D that struggles against the run. Instead Dorsey decided to throw the ball with a QB who has a shoulder problem when the running game was able to produce and sustain drives. 

Dorsey was holding the offense back and you could see it with the players. They were not happy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

O game plan was actually pretty solid last night.

Add in the dropped passes too

O game plan should have been more run heavy considering the Broncos have a terrible run defense and we were churning out yards. Same for the Bengals game the week prior (Motor just tore them up this week).

One of Dorsey’s problems was he would just run his offense and think that should be enough.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, appoo said:

Because the Bills haven’t lost to a team that’s worse than them in terms of perosnell.  The one big thing they did to make themselves the same level as the Chiefs and Bengals was Von Miller who hasn’t been available. 

This year alone the Bills have lost to the Rodgers-less Jets, the Jags, the Pats and the Broncos. They haven't lost to a team that's worse than them in terms of personnel? Really?

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Part of me wonders is the issue with Diggs was that he decided to speak to someone like Beane or even Pegula about McDermott on behalf of some of the players but Josh didn't back him up.

That might explain his reaction after "meetings" this offseason. 

Sadly, because of what happened with Josh McDaniels I doubt McDermott would hold a "airing of grievances" meeting at this point. LOL 

Well it was either about Dorsey or Sean. We'll see 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.