Not addressing WR is a fail...

Hebert19

Diggs is elite.  Kincaid can ball.  Shakir is sneaky good and if you mask James Cooks weakness in pass protection the guy can get loose.  The offensive line has held up pretty damn well this season.

The QB also has gamebreaking talent.  We’ve got the players to put up more than 18 points 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chugga said:

Diggs is elite.  Kincaid can ball.  Shakir is sneaky good and if you mask James Cooks weakness in pass protection the guy can get loose.  The offensive line has held up pretty damn well this season.

The QB also has gamebreaking talent.  We’ve got the players to put up more than 18 points 

Gabe sucks. The oline is far worse than you think.  Tonight hardly anyone got separation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Gabe sucks. The oline is far worse than you think.  Tonight hardly anyone got separation. 

Agree to disagree.  Well yeah Gabe does suck.  But you can’t have 11 pro bowlers on offense.  What we do have in house right now is good enough to score more than 18 on the bengals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

This whole offense sucks right now. Look at the stats for the giants, patriots, Tampa and cinci. They are all mid to bottom and we can't score. What's that say about the Bills?  It's says the problem is the whole freekin offense Not just Gabe. Ya want to only blame him, you're looking for low hanging fruit. This team stinks plain and simple. 

The sad part is that DeAndre Hopkins was available and wanted to be here. Beane could have made it work but he failed to push in his chips. So with Davis's semi-regular vanishing act, now we're stuck relying on a rookie to be our #2, and we saw tonight rookie mistakes can be forced by a veteran well coached defense.

I like Beane overall but failing to even try and upgrade Davis for two straight offseasons now is a fireable offense IMO.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

I figured when Milano went down that was it for the season, he's our best player on D and overcoming that with the other injuries is just too much. Our safeties are old AF, Rapp is terrible, Morse doesn't seem to look great this year, Davis is not a WR#2, he is a JAG...

Dorsey and McD have ruined Allen this year - he is not just playing ball, they are in his head and slowing his decision making process down. It's easy to see when he can't decide if he should run or stay in the pocket. He doesn't trust the WRs besides Diggs and now Kincaid...

I'm glad we kept our picks becuase we will need them, this team's best chance was  seconds and this version of the Bills is over. Time to tear it down and reboot it. McD will stay, but I don't think he should.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The sad part is that DeAndre Hopkins was available and wanted to be here. Beane could have made it work but he failed to push in his chips. So with Davis's semi-regular vanishing act, now we're stuck relying on a rookie to be our #2, and we saw tonight rookie mistakes can be forced by a veteran well coached defense.

I like Beane overall but failing to even try and upgrade Davis for two straight offseasons now is a fireable offense IMO.

It’s all on the table as I see it. 

7 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Said it since week 1, teams can double team diggs and Gabe has shown to be a below average separator and route runner, it's tough to win that way. I don't think Gabe is the sole reason we have lost games. But he's Definitely not contributing much in the losses

Except one of Allen's two worst passes of the night was when Davis beat his man to the endzone. A better pass and Davis scores a TD

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Beane may easily have seen issues that concerned him and decided not to push the chips in, which looks to be the right call.

15 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Kincaid is the WR2 now.  But agree that the WR3 is still unclear…

And that is not a good thing. Not a hit on Kincaid. He is a solid TE but should not be your WR 2 or primary target. If teams can take away Diggs in exchange for a 5 yard pass to Kincaid they will do it all day. We are stupid enough to make that trade sadly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Except one of Allen's two worst passes of the night was when Davis beat his man to the endzone. A better pass and Davis scores a TD

Ya he had some misses tonight. Again Gabe was far from the sole problem tonight, be he continues to show he's not a difference maker at wr2

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Pass could’ve had more touch, but Davis had a vertical of about 4 inches going for that ball.  He’s not twitchy enough to get open, doesn’t have big catch radius, and his hands also aren’t the best.  Other than that he’s good.  

• Like (+1) 1

Most of this game had nothing to do with the WR's.  The Bengals were sitting on everything down the field and the underneath stuff was there.  When Josh was taking it we moved the ball easily.  When Josh was holding the ball and trying to force it into that coverage we looked like crap.  Josh in many cases refuses to take what's there.  When he finally started taking what was there was when we finally were able to get a shot into the end zone.  Allen is a prize fighter who hates to use a jab and it's biting us in the butt.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Norcalbillsfan said:

Ya he had some misses tonight. Again Gabe was far from the sole problem tonight, be he continues to show he's not a difference maker at wr2

I too would upgrade WR#2. But the offense is broken. Dorsey needs to go. Spencer Brown needs to go. Bates should move to Center and Morse needs to retire

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I figured when Milano went down that was it for the season, he's our best player on D and overcoming that with the other injuries is just too much. Our safeties are old AF, Rapp is terrible, Morse doesn't seem to look great this year, Davis is not a WR#2, he is a JAG...

Dorsey and McD have ruined Allen this year - he is not just playing ball, they are in his head and slowing his decision making process down. It's easy to see when he can't decide if he should run or stay in the pocket. He doesn't trust the WRs besides Diggs and now Kincaid...

I'm glad we kept our picks becuase we will need them, this team's best chance was  seconds and this version of the Bills is over. Time to tear it down and reboot it. McD will stay, but I don't think he should.

His immediate trust in Kincaid and the success he’s having is the biggest indictment on Davis at the moment.  

I don’t think he looked at him after the INT.  

Weird because last week after Gabe had one of his occasional decent games,@Over 29 years of fanhood called me out and called me names for criticizing Gabes bad performance the week before after another 1 catch game.

And just like I said, Gabe back to disappearing again the next week.  Gabe now has 3 or less catches in 6 games this year, 4 of them he has 0-2 catches.  

This has been Gabe all 4 years he’s been in the league.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

We have not overcome losing Sanders, Brown and Beasley. I know they weren’t great but they seemed to get the job done and get open 

Beasley was great as a slot receiver.  He was always open in clutch situations.  Kincaid is him now.  But we need a lot more from our WR’s.  Gabe sucks.  He is almost never open.  

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Beane added Sherfield and Harty and kept Davis as WR2. And at this juncture, those decisions allow every defense to simply double Diggs.

Yeah,  I said as much a couple of weeks ago.  Dorsey and Allen are going to catch most of the blame,  but aside from Diggs,  I suspect that the WRs are more of the problem than is readily apparent.  Just at face value,  the dropoff in talent and experience over the last two seasons has been enormous,  losing Beasley,  Brown and Sanders.  Davis is bordering upon a major disappointment.  Shakir is looking pretty good,  but he's not there yet.  The rest aren't much.  Kincaid is having an excellent rookie year,  but he's not a WR,  even if they use him in a similar role. Looking at the decline of that position group,  I don't think it's a big surprise that the offense is struggling.  As you say,  if the D can take away Diggs,  they're willing to take their chances with the others,  and to this point,  aside from an occasional big game out of Davis,  that's been a pretty safe bet. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Weird because last week after Gabe had one of his occasional decent games,@Over 29 years of fanhood called me out and called me names for criticizing Gabes bad performance the week before after another 1 catch game.

And just like I said, Gabe back to disappearing again the next week.  Gabe now has 3 or less catches in 6 games this year, 4 of them he has 0-2 catches.  

This has been Gabe all 4 years he’s been in the league.  

Agreed.  I've been as supportive of Gabe Davis as anyone,  but at this point,  I've seen enough.  It's too late for 2023,  but they need more from WR2 and the depth guys next year.  Shakir is playing pretty well,  but that group needs a major overhaul for next season.   

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I actually get why he did nothing two off-seasons ago.After Davis’s playoff performance, I too thought he was on his way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.