Von Miller

Riverboat Ritchie

7 hours ago, 14774 said:

Careful!!!! Don't bad mouth the almighty Von. He's won a SB. In the top secret players only meeting thread I questioned his value and was crucified. 

same when we signed him. and when we signed him we did need him (to be himself). but he has since proven he is unable to stay healthy and ran his mouth way too much.

he is a shell of himself athletically with too many off the field interests still acting like he is something special

7 hours ago, buffblue said:

Did you like him last year when he singlehandedly transformed our pass rush? Did you notice how our defensive performance went down the pooper in his absence?

Ridiculous take for a guy coming off an ACL injury

no i did not like him last year. ability is all about availability.

we will see what we are saying by this time next year.

he will never be worth the signing.

7 hours ago, buffblue said:

Did you like him last year when he singlehandedly transformed our pass rush? Did you notice how our defensive performance went down the pooper in his absence?

Ridiculous take for a guy coming off an ACL injury

11 games with him: 18 ppg (8-3)

5 games without him: 17 ppg (5-0)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Screenshot_20231106-091004.png

It’s hilarious people were dumping on the Bears for the Swear deal. I’d trade Von in a second for him. 

but he gives getter interviews and is funny in that one commercial that’s all that matters really.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

11 games with him: 18 ppg (8-3)

5 games without him: 17 ppg (5-0)

Cut him now!!!

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s hilarious people were dumping on the Bears for the Swear deal. I’d trade Von in a second for him. 

but he gives getter interviews and is funny in that one commercial that’s all that matters really.

Cut him now!!!

another missed point...

He was a little more effective on the bull rush up the middle last night,,, but around the edge he's slow and easily pushed way behind the QB.  He's no factor and I've been saying for weeks he should be inactive.  Can't believe the Bills are trying to rehab a guy in live games.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

He was a little more effective on the bull rush up the middle last night,,, but around the edge he's slow and easily pushed way behind the QB.  He's no factor and I've been saying for weeks he should be inactive.  Can't believe the Bills are trying to rehab a guy in live games.

Agreed.  Teams initially probably had to adjust pass protections towards him based on his past self.  Now opposing offenses know you don’t have to worry about him at all.  

Hiring him was a gamble, to have that "final missing piece" to beat the Chiefs and Bengals. The clutch player to get over the final hump. And if he didn't get injured, he'd been there for the playoffs, as planned. He was performing superbly as expected. Since he's been back, he is bad. What made him special is his "bend" and he doesn't have it. Forever or for a few weeks still, we don't know...

A gamble sometimes pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Now it seems more likely it's the second one. But it was a gamble to take full use of the "Superbowl window". You are going to criticize this since it didn't pay off? We all approved the intent. The price tag is becoming huge for sure.

Edited by Jerome007

On 10/27/2023 at 12:16 PM, Riverboat Ritchie said:

I disagree.  The Elam picked might have been worst.  Miller was having a great year up until second game in less than a week on crappy turf in Detroit. I still hold out some hope for him. He was starting to look better as game went on. I just don’t know how many snaps he should be taking away from others as he gets right. 

Miller should rehab in the practice dome.  Let him  take reps against the practice squad....that is why it is so named.  Rehab in the game?  He looks useless out there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Might be worth the 10 mil cap hit just to dump the guy at this point. Any warm body will do just as good. 

$10m nope 

Also It's not been a year. Rehab in game is part of the ramping up. Anybody expecting more is a victim of their own expectations. Von is a freak and will get back to what he does. In the meantime plenty are just looking to chuck rocks at anything that moves while mad. 

Beane can't predict injuries, guy was not injury prone, he's historically been very healthy. Short term memories with short minded thinking. Von s health is not even closeeeee to our biggest problem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

$10m nope 

Also It's not been a year. Rehab in game is part of the ramping up. Anybody expecting more is a victim of their own expectations. Von is a freak and will get back to what he does. In the meantime plenty are just looking to chuck rocks at anything that moves while mad. 

Beane can't predict injuries, guy was not injury prone, he's historically been very healthy. Short term memories with short minded thinking. Von s health is not even closeeeee to our biggest problem. 

Then let him do his rehab in the 1st quarter. At this point, he has no business being in the game in the 4th quarter of a close game.   Further evidence that McD is clueless at times. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/6/2023 at 9:24 AM, Ramza86 said:

I remember where I was when Von signed....I was bowling with the boys having a few beers and having a great time.....then I saw that we got him....

NICE.....then I saw what we paid about 5 minutes later....I went into a full on rage.

Same here, my friend, who is a Bears fan thought it was great!  All I could wrap my mind around was we just signed a 33 year old pass rusher for 100m long term because of previous drafting failures, I was furious.  Of course most fans rejoiced, I however never saw it that way.  I saw it as we just massively overpaid a 33 year old defensive player that will hurt our team moving forward.  I also felt that way about Knox, 0 reason to give that guy that contract

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 11/6/2023 at 9:55 AM, dpberr said:

The reality is the Bills have a past his prime Von Miller that has moments of greatness left.  His mind wants to play, but that body really doesn't want to.  

He looked very old last night.  

That he did, old, weak  and slow.

He's washed.  What I find ironic is they often stated they were building for the long haul via draft yet broke the bank for old pass rusher in almost a desperation move.  Yet they wont go out and get another playmaker for the offense.  Epenesa, Boogie, Groot and Ed Oliver plus the Von Miller $$ all to address pass rush and it still sucks Meanwhile on offense their big move last year was bring back Beasley and John Brown in desperation.  This year were excited to get what feels like the entire washed up rb core of the NFL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

$10m nope 

Not the biggest problem, but it’s definitely a problem.

Bills can’t get pressure with 4 guys and the 30 million dollar man can’t even come close to getting home. (I understand the circumstances)

That^ is a problem^, although yes there are bigger concerns on the offensive ball now 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think he's washed. He was playing at an extremely high level before the injury. And there has been small visual improvements over the past couple weeks. 

Yes, he missed the tackle. But before that, he wouldn't have even been in position to do so. He's also gotten some pressures leading to others getting there which he hadn't been doing. Returning from an ACL on Defense is rough, as we saw with Tre last season. And I feel like we're seeing small improvements in his game quicker there than we were with Tre.

The issue is just getting back to full health and getting in the groove. I don't know what the answer is there because you don't want to give him too many reps before he's 100%, but on limited reps - it's difficult to get into a groove as a Pass Rusher.

He's had a total of 104 snaps over 5 games. That's really not much. Hopefully as they ramp him up, he'll get more comfortable and play better. It seems they've been saving him for the playoffs, but that's far from a given right now.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

What was worse was he was in there for run downs. 2nd and 6...2nd and 7....terrible McD moves. 

He shouldn't be in there at all.  He looks like 30%.  Deactivate him for a month because he's a shell of who he once was. We'll be lucky if we get one full healthy season next year before they release him.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.