TB / Buffalo Postgame thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, Chugga said:

This team has lost it swagger, it’s lost its killer instinct, it’s lost its confidence, and it’s lost its passion.  And I get it, it’s been a rough 2 years between a mass shooting, a near death of a teammate, a near death of an owner, and an injury bug that has borderline seemed curse-like.

But at this point I think it’s more than just Dorsey or McDermott or Josh or Diggs or anyone.  I don’t know how to fix it we just aren’t ourselves 

we lack discipline and play stupid.  that’s completely on the coach.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The offense played well all day. You just got to go for it in those spots at the end. Put people away. I trust Allen on 4th and 2 way more then this defense from anywhere. You have to move away from Murray. FFS, he’s not only old as ***** but he’s slow. It’s not hard to understand. RB is a young man’s game. We really have to get our ***** together with some of this day 1 bull####.

Agreed. We go for those 4th downs (as we normally do), then this is like a 20-point win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

There were more than one, as has been pointed out repeatedly.  

Feel free to list them out, and I can list out the good plays, and then you can help determine what % of good to bad plays constitutes a good week for Dorsey.  Happy to dive into it if you want to put in any effort

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

Every week McD puts all of the pressure on the defense, which is one of the worst in the league. Terrible coaching all around.

Yeah. After watching Josh’s post game interview, I think Josh knows this team is cooked based on the offense going cold at the end and the defense not able to stop diddly squat. 

offense was obviously better this week, but still couldn’t put a bad team away

i think we are in for a rough November 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

A lot of noise from everybody with a keyboard this week. A lot of good this week. A lot. Credit to Josh, Dorsey, McD, the Defense, and Special Teams. 

All three phases were lights out 

My biggest knock is I lost an 11 leg parlay tonight because I took Cook on 2+ receptions. He had 1. Dorsey is a bum. 

Defense was not lights out. It nearly gagged away the game again to a garbage offense 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Players do stupid things regardless of coaching.

Yes, but not as consistently as this Bills team.  KC doesn’t do it as much as this Bills team. Players are not going to be mistake free but this team has some coaching deficiencies. 

• Disagree 1

This team won which is needed.  It better get more aggressive in offense and the defense looks average at best.  The second half of the season is going to be brutal.   McD has to shake the Jauron attitude.  The NFL rewards the brave and punishes the feet of clay.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I've been one of the biggest defenders. No I don't think that way. I just look at the bigger picture of everything he has done up to this point. The last 3 weeks have started wearing a little thin with me though 

I only kind of understand that though…because if you’re looking at the bigger picture…you surely see that he’s still making some of the same exact game management mistakes that he was 5 years ago right? 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Dorsey called an incredibly good game today.  Like very very good.

Yeah lining up at the 1 inch line at the goal line in a shotgun formation only to get stuffed a yard and a half behind the line of scrimmage to end up with nothing is a sure stroke of genius.  Same thing happened the week before. Which cost is the game. Don’t even get me started on the defense. Take off your rose colored glasses.  This coaching staff is in way over its head. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

A lot of noise from everybody with a keyboard this week. A lot of good this week. A lot. Credit to Josh, Dorsey, McD, the Defense, and Special Teams. 

All three phases were lights out 

My biggest knock is I lost an 11 leg parlay tonight because I took Cook on 2+ receptions. He had 1. Dorsey is a bum. 

I just cannot understand this board tonight lol you don’t risk turning the ball over at midfield against the bucs…offense moved the ball all night, dumb playcall from the goal line is a valid criticism, and we will not be punting on 4th and shorts against the bengals and eagles of the league.  

the bucs defense ain’t bad and our offensive line held up that’s a huge win 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

By the way, 25 scoreless minutes and an absolutely embarrassing goal line series. Thanks again Dorsey! 

It’s got to be McDermott for the last 25 minutes 

14 point lead , you almost got to think he wanted to go conservative.

The goal line series was on Dorsey of course, that 3rd and inch run from shotgun was brutal 

• Agree 2

Just now, Iverwig said:

Yes, but not as consistently as this Bills team.  KC doesn’t do it as much as this Bills team. Players are not going to be mistake free but this team has some coaching deficiencies. 

KC commits penalties.  They just aren't called. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Another game interrupted by life.   In Austin TX for work and the hotel didn’t even have the game on in the lobby or bar because they could not get it.   They just didn’t care….

Watched as much as I could (on my phone) while “networking” with co-workers and getting updates from my son….so I don’t have a great feel for what happened but hey a win is a win!

Edited by JohnnyBuffalo

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I just cannot understand this board tonight lol you don’t risk turning the ball over at midfield against the bucs…offense moved the ball all night, dumb playcall from the goal line is a valid criticism, and we will not be punting on 4th and shorts against the bengals and eagles of the league.  

the bucs defense ain’t bad and our offensive line held up that’s a huge win 

Don't let these posters bait you.  Punting was the right thing to do.  They come out in droves for the GDT.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Allen played about as well as he could. He had the 1 bad play on a tip pass.  But still the Bills only barely escape with the win. 
When your up 24-10 you can't stop.  I wouldn't say the Bills were lucky to get this win and the Giants win, but they were fortunate that both those teams didn't make 1 more play.  I think the Bengals will beat the 49ers but their not looking that great either so Bills have to take advantage of their extra couple days rest to win next week.

16 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

So just a question…do the McD defenders watch a 4th quarter like tonight and think “wow, that was so expertly managed, what a phenomenal head coach we have!”?

I think McDermott has done a great job in creating and managing a winning team culture. However, he is not a great game day coach. I guess you can have everything.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, <bills4life> said:

Yeah lining up at the 1 inch line at the goal line in a shotgun formation only to get stuffed a yard and a half behind the line of scrimmage to end up with nothing is a sure stroke of genius.  Same thing happened the week before. Which cost is the game. Don’t even get me started on the defense. Take off your rose colored glasses.  This coaching staff is in way over its head. 

Yea that terrible defense forced a quick punt and our offense got the ball back at the 24 lol. 

there’s been a lot of valid criticisms up to this point but tonight I think people are kind of losing the plot imo.  Against the bucs you just don’t risk turning it over at midfield, it takes them far too long to drive down the field.  Against the bucs and eagles and such the same decisions will not be made, those teams can score in a hurry. This whole ‘imagine if we were playing the eagles tonight’ is a moot point 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, julian said:

Tampa got every lucky bounce and tip you could hope for, it was crazy seeing how lucky they were in this game

crazy how if Godwin just looks for the ball and makes that grab in the EZ, they’re probably interviewing him (or Baker?) instead of Josh.  And we may have never been treated to the “HEY FITZ SHOW ME YOUR TITZ” sign 🥸

They made it more tense than it needed to be but they came out with a win. They were in control of the game up until the very end. The complexion of the season is vastly different sitting at 5-3 with a “mini-bye”. The offense looked very good they just couldn’t get that final field goal to put the game away when needed in the third. They got the key first down to grind the clock to force the Hail Mary situation which was clutch. 

Been saying it since week 3 Shakir needs to be a factor in the offense. His snap count and targets were slowly inching up and he has his breakout. The Bills have 4 legit weapons in the passing attack plus Hardy as a gadget player and Cook out the backfield.

Overall a well played game the team looked more confident and I didn’t see any major injuries which makes the extra few days rest that much more valuable 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Absolutely.  Needed a win and got it.  Style points mean nothing. 

Style points don't count. You're absolutely correct. I don't think anyone is mad that the Bills won. But the way in which you win can give you insight into future results. And the way they won this game gives many a bad feeding about the rest of the season. That's understandable, no? 

Just now, jkeerie said:

KC commits penalties.  They just aren't called. 

Like the penalty that wasn’t called against the Bills tonight that should have been called on the Hail Mary. Like the penalty against the Taron Johnson that wasn’t called that should have been called against the Giants. Every team has penalties not called. If you can’t see the difference between this team and the good teams in the league I don’t know what else to tell you. 

• Disagree 1

We won but I don't know that I would consider it a close out for McD.

Our offense worked for the most part today.  We have a mini bye so I expect Dorsey will scheme up some shot gun slow draws to Cook for minus yards against the Bengals.

Josh was Josh today.  It was great to see finally.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.