Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

46 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I highly doubt it.  Nobody outside the organizations staff knows the inactives for tonight.  All these people on twitter whose identities depend on people thinking they know more than they do drive me crazy.

this whole idea that isabella and norman being active is A. a good thing is odd B. They probably wont get many snaps if they are.

It is nuts that we might seem josh norman playing tonight in an nfl game.  I really hope it doesn't happen.

Maybe, maybe not. Cover 1 and Joe Marino don’t make crap up. They could have been informed by an agent that player X is inactive. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Hoping for the best, but I'm fearing tonight is when the house implodes.  B5gh.gif

I am afraid you could be right.  The defense has been knee-capped by injuries to the point that you can't expect them to do more than hang-on for dear life and the offense looks incapable of fixing their problems.  Missing Knox and Morris when they spent the whole offseason working on 2 TE sets is a problem, but none of the WR besides Diggs is of much use and that's a bigger problem.

Appears Oliver is active.

2 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Gabe is out? 

They haven't released inactives have they?  I would doubt this is the case

3 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Taron Johnson is my guess

Huh?  Why would he be inactive?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Appears Oliver is active.

Huh?  Why would he be inactive?

My comment was based off of a different tweet where they said it would be a big surprise who is inactive, so I pick Taron because he's not played well of late, getting beat on critical plays and he's been benched once before and came back stronger for it.

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
wrong quote

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Probably following twitter rumors.  I've seen a bunch of speculation that he will be out because of a trade.  I doubt that's the case.

Elevate a WR and have to play in 11 or 10 personnel with 3 WR with less than 20% of their offensive snap count and a PS call up with no playing time.

Recipe for success right there.

Edited by The Wiz

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Maybe the Bills could get more explosive plays with Isabella in the lineup 

I'd prefer a coaching change of McD and Dorsey. That more likely gets the offense jump started. 

Andy might help a little bit with those two under the helm the offense with be predictable and uncreative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

The Isabella thing seems like one of those situations where everyone talks all day about a surprise roster call-up, only for that player to get like 4 snaps all night.

I think it's as simple as this: with the tight end depth chart suddenly so thin, the Bills are gonna lean into the spread looks tonight, and therefore want to have more healthy bodies at wide receiver. 

Basically, they have a roster spot open for a pass catcher due to Knox and Morris being out, and rather than call up a player like Joel Wilson and continuing to try to run 12 personnel with inferior players, they're calling up a receiver instead and going a different route in terms of how they attack defenses.

Even so, I don't expect Isabella to actually play much on offense. Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Isabella thing seems like one of those situations where everyone talks all day about a surprise roster call-up, only for that player to get like 4 snaps all night.

I think it's as simple as this: with the tight end depth chart suddenly so thin, the Bills are gonna lean into the spread looks tonight, and therefore want to have more healthy bodies at wide receiver. 

Basically, they have a roster spot open for a pass catcher due to Knox and Morris being out, and rather than call up a player like Joel Wilson and continuing to try to run 12 personnel with inferior players, they're calling up a receiver instead and going a different route in terms of how they attack defenses.

Even so, I don't expect Isabella to actually play much on offense. Time will tell.

Oh I fully expect all these “surprises” on this roster to be a let down. Not because of the players themselves because the coaching staff won’t even use them.

Beautiful night for football in Orchard Park....

Beautiful night to right the wrongs... 

It starts with one... One player... One play... 

McDermott has been absolute in his 1 of 52 mantra... Next man up.. next play up.. next game up

There's never been a better night than the right the season.. than right here right now

Don't abandon the run game... Take what the defense gives you... Fly around the ball... I have a good feeling 

Bills by a billion baby! Keep Josh under center... And the offense is much less predictable

27-13 buffalo stampedes the bucs

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.