Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

I won’t say this game is the season but man does it really feel like a win or loss changes the complexion of the season. A loss puts them at 4-4 not tragic but going into a stretch of harder to win games the margin for error is so small to even crack 10 wins.

A win puts them at 5-3 going into a “mini-bye” where they can get reinforcements at the trade deadline and have a team rested and 2 games over .500 going into a tougher stretch of the schedule. 

It’s a huge game at home against a decent opponent got to bring it like the season is on the line because it somewhat is.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/23/2023 at 12:52 PM, Another Fan said:

Pretty sure this is Bakers first time actually playing in Buffalo

Game the Bills should win.  Yesterday was disappointing but if they lose Thursday night yeah I’d start to panic a little 

Baker is the next up to have a career day.

I have zero confidence the bills will win Thursday. Not saying I think they'll lose, but after that disaster last week, I'm just not gonna set my myself up for dissapointment. I said last week, if the bills lose to the Pats, I'll be really worried, and that's not gonna change until I see the bills change 

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Basically, every time the team is in 2nd and less than 5, they run the ball.  And I'm being figurative with every time but it was something like 90% of the time they ran the ball on 2nd and less than 5.

I can tell you that at least this week that is the case.  The Bills were in 2nd and 5 or less 6 times against the Pats.  Cook ran the ball all 6 times.  Whatever happened to taking shots on 2nd and short because the entire playbook is open?  This is what I mean about Dorsey.  He is too damn predictable and it's making it way too easy for an NFL level defensive coordinator.   Every yard the Bills gain is a difficult yard.  They either play perfect of their offense is garbage.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I can tell you that at least this week that is the case.  The Bills were in 2nd and 5 or less 6 times against the Pats.  Cook ran the ball all 6 times.  Whatever happened to taking shots on 2nd and short because the entire playbook is open?  This is what I mean about Dorsey.  He is too damn predictable and it's making it way too easy for an NFL level defensive coordinator.   Every yard the Bills gain is a difficult yard.  They either play perfect of their offense is garbage.

That’s not Dorsey, it’s McDermott. Dorsey took shots on second/third and short all the time last year and people wanted his head for that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

But it specifically said weeks 5-7.

Its some stupid epa per play stat.  It's been posted several times in various threads by someone.

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That’s not Dorsey, it’s McDermott. Dorsey took shots on second/third and short all the time last year and people wanted his head for that. 

It vary well could be, I don't know what is going on with this staff.  All I know is our offense is dumpster fire right now and I have always said that I will take the good Josh with the bad.  I don't care if he throws a stinker here and there when he is scoring 4+ tds a game.  This offense aint it.  Whether that is Dorsey or McD... they need to move past it and let Josh be Josh.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Its some stupid epa per play stat.  It's been posted several times in various threads by someone.

It vary well could be, I don't know what is going on with this staff.  All I know is our offense is dumpster fire right now and I have always said that I will take the good Josh with the bad.  I don't care if he throws a stinker here and there when he is scoring 4+ tds a game.

But McDermott hates mistakes above all else. It’s just who he is.

• Agree 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

But McDermott hates mistakes above all else. It’s just who he is.

Well thats too bad.  He is trying to get our offense to run like he tries to get his D to dictate other offenses to run.  Its old school garbage football.  It requires too much precision and mistake free football.  We don't have the talent to run that kind of offense and honestly, I am not sure Josh is the right QB to run that kind of offense.  He has a cannon for an arm.  Square pegs, round holes.  Its a lot easier to score TDs if you only need 3-5 first downs than it is if you need 8 first downs.

I remember years past where we would be third and long like 15+ long.  Even 20+ long.  I think to myself.. no problem.  Josh got this.  Now I barely think that when we are 3rd and 5.

Well thats too bad.  He is trying to get our offense to run like he tries to get his D to dictate other offenses to run.  Its old school garbage football.  It requires too much precision and mistake free football.  We don't have the talent to run that kind of offense and honestly, I am not sure Josh is the right QB to run that kind of offense.  He has a cannon for an arm.  Square pegs, round holes.  Its a lot easier to score TDs if you only need 3-5 first downs than it is if you need 8 first downs.

I remember years past where we would be third and long like 15+ long.  Even 20+ long.  I think to myself.. no problem.  Josh got this.  Now I barely think that when we are 3rd and 5.

I agree with you. It’s just becoming clear to me that McDermott sees the game in a different way. It’s frustrating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

IQ test for forum:

Q: What substantially changed in offense past in 12 months? 
A: WRs

B: QBs

C : TEs

D : OC independent from HC, creative, collaborative team mind

answer key is unnecessary…

Edited by Since1981

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.