This season is a wash…time to focus on rebuild m

bills6969

Meh, it's not time to jump ship on the season yet.  We need to beat Tampa, and then we need to somehow beat the Bengals.  If we lose to the Bengals, then the season is starting to look very iffy, but we do have winnable games against the Broncos and Jets to follow.  If we win the next 4 we are right back in the thick of things.

The problem is that we then play the Eagles and Chiefs, and those are going to be tough.  We really can't afford to lose games to teams like the Pats.

Edited by Murdox

34 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Again. Nothing matters til the playoffs. This is starting to look like the 2nd Daboll season where they went 11-6 and played some crap games before they got red hot for the playoffs.

I'd sign up for a repeat of that if the offense got that hot again.

Stop acting like spoiled brats because this team has been so good over the last 3 years you didn't have anything to really worry about week to week.

They need to figure some things out but you don't go from one of the best teams in the NFL to 8-9 in a season.

Yeaaaahhh….. nooooooo

Dorsey is no Daboll. He is in way over his head. 

Allen regression. 

Season is over. 

Who cares about a few more wins with no realistic chance of a Superbowl? 

This team is consistently disappointing. 

7 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

No, it's our GM signing Von Miller to that stupid huge BS contract that we gave to this F**** guy.  This single contract signing has so crippled this team to get the talent it needs to keep pace with the other elite teams in the league, it positively is the worst signing of any free agent in this teams history.  What an absolute waste of $120 million dollars to a player that personally was not worth more than a single season contract at his age.

McD and Beane are nothing but a curse to this team right now.  All the bad decisions are finally starting to rear their ugly heads. 

Von Miller and Dawson Knox.  I hated them when we did it, hate it even worse now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

They need to do some self evaluation if this slide continues.  They have a lot of old, slow, injury prone on the roster and salary cap bloat is rearing its head

That's one of the biggest problems. 

1/2 your salary cap is on IR or playing 3 snaps a game. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

41 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Stop acting like spoiled brats because this team has been so good over the last 3 years you didn't have anything to really worry about week to week.

They need to figure some things out but you don't go from one of the best teams in the NFL to 8-9 in a season.

Name calling, huh? Is that what you are resorting to because our team which should be 6-1 is now 4-3???

You need to go back and review the history of the NFL over the past 25 years, because PLENTY OF TEAMS who have double digit wins collapse.

2022 VIKINGS: 13-4

2023 VIKINGS: 2-4

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

1 hour ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Again. Nothing matters til the playoffs. This is starting to look like the 2nd Daboll season where they went 11-6 and played some crap games before they got red hot for the playoffs.

I'd sign up for a repeat of that if the offense got that hot again.

This team isn't going to make the playoffs.  They will need help just to get a wc this year.  Miami owns this division right now and has a weak schedule.

1 minute ago, Toyo321 said:

I just can't bare to see what happens against KC, Cinci, Dallas, Philly, LAC and Miami again.  It could get really ugly... Really fast

As low as I feel right now, knowing this lot they'll raise their game. Will probably go 3-3 at worse, somehow.

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This team isn't going to make the playoffs.  They will need help just to get a wc this year.  Miami owns this division right now and has a weak schedule.

Guess we will see. How teams look in week 7 often isn't how they look by the end of the year 

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Reminding people with no memory.  In the  season that ended in 13 seconds the bills were 7-6.   That is the last season with Dabol. when everyone begged to fire him all the time.  

I think you mean Daboll...but yeah, it seems like this is trending towards that territory.

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

1. Fire McD

2. Trade or cut Knox

3. Cut Von Miller

4. Let Hyde, Poyer and Gabe walk

5. hire Ben Johnson 

Whats the cap hit on Von? I thought there was still a year or two before it became realistic to cut him if needed. 

4 hours ago, BillsUberAlles said:

I don't need to step my game up, the Bills do and they will. Stop panicking like people who never have faced any adversity in their life and when they have crumbled like a cheap tent.

They will? 😆 This team is done, we were dead men walking coming into the season and we are exposed. We will be lucky to win 9 games and lose to Jacksonville in the wild-card. When has this team ever overcome adversity

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

The season was over once we lost Milano.  Too many other injuries on D.  Offense is in shambles with Dorsey.  There’s 6 losses still on the schedule; We ain’t making the playoffs.  Let’s look to the future, clean house on coaching staff and start to rebuild around Josh. 

6 games in and a 4-2 record.  Are things good, of course not.  Are they out of the playoffs, of course not. Come in off the ledge.

5 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

No money for a rebuild. Got to somehow win with what we have and draft picks. 

And that’s why we sell off while we can. Maybe Epenesa, maybe Floyd, maybe Davis. Get as many draft picks as possible. Trade up in the draft to get Harrison Jr. 

Edited by mrags

5 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

1. Fire McD

2. Trade or cut Knox

3. Cut Von Miller

4. Let Hyde, Poyer and Gabe walk

5. hire Ben Johnson 

2. 20M dead cap after this year, 8M after 2024. 

3. 32M dead cap after this year, 15M after 2024.

4. Probably

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Most of the biggest contracts are long term for huge $ and for injured or ancient players or both. 

No easy way out of those. Cap is a huge problem. 

I'll be the a-hole to bring it up but it's $10.3M dead cap to release Tre White after this season. Most of the others are far beyond that.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I’m not so good at math. Are we now ONE GAME behind the Dolphins in the loss column? Because everyone here says we’re toast. 

And if the defense could have gotten a stop on that final drive, Bills would be in first place in the division right now and people would still be concerned and rightfully so, but things would look and feel very very differently. 

5 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

As low as I feel right now, knowing this lot they'll raise their game. Will probably go 3-3 at worse, somehow.

It's not nearly as terrifying as it was before the season started. CIN, LAC, and clearly MIA all have giant question marks as well. And you never know what you're going to get with Dak and Dallas. They could put up 40 in a half, or 10 all game.

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Man we are 4-3 in a completely stacked division. It’s not the end of the world. We lost 2 tough division games and put up a stinker in London. It’s not over by any means, but defenses are starting to figure out Allen. He needs to start ripping off big runs again. 

This didn't deserve 2 vomits and 4 laughs.

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Man we are 4-3 in a completely stacked division. It’s not the end of the world. We lost 2 tough division games and put up a stinker in London. It’s not over by any means, but defenses are starting to figure out Allen. He needs to start ripping off big runs again. 

1)  Defense is riddled with injuries:    White and Milano are out for the year and Miller is practically a non factor.   Our linebackers are inexperienced and smaller than some safeties, the remaining defensive lineman are average starters and rotational and there is no true #1 corner.   Out of everyone remaining, only Hyde, Poyer and maybe Floyd or Bernard would start for other teams.

2)  We have nothing outside of Diggs at WR:   Our options are

Davis- Two or three drops for every big play

Harty- A lesser version of McKenzie

Sherfield- Completely invisible I think that I have heard his name once this season.

Shakir-I had a little hope, but he seems to be interchangable with any backup WR in the league

3)  Josh Allen is not himself:  We can only speculate on whether or not it is physical or mental, but it is not just the play, he is completley checked out every time that you see him on the sideline.

4)  Schedule:  We were one ref call away from being 0-3 in what was supposed to be the soft spot of the schedule.   The remaining schedule is Bucs, Bengals, Jets, Broncos, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers, Pats, Dolphins.  We are 4-3 and ten wins is probably needed for the playoffs.  Who do we beat?  Do you see six wins happening there?  I don't.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic.  If might be time to accept that we may need a mini rebuild this year and next year.  Retool the team and start fresh with an offensive mindset.  I would rather have two mediocre years and a chance again later in Allen's career than 7 straight years of 9-11 win wild card disappointment. 

Edited by dgrochester55

7 hours ago, bills6969 said:

The season was over once we lost Milano.  Too many other injuries on D.  Offense is in shambles with Dorsey.  There’s 6 losses still on the schedule; We ain’t making the playoffs.  Let’s look to the future, clean house on coaching staff and start to rebuild around Josh. 

You want to clean house and rebuild during the season ? Not how it works. 

5 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

I just can't bare to see what happens against KC, Cinci, Dallas, Philly, LAC and Miami again.  It could get really ugly... Really fast

Simple - don’t watch and you won’t see! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.