Belichick signs extension

Bermuda Triangle

1 minute ago, k2mountain said:

Popular belief is that is that Belichick wants to surpass Don Shula as winning-est coach in NFL history.

Shula has 328 wins. 71 year old Belichick has 299.

At this rate, Belichick will be coaching until his 80's.

As long as he doesn't get #300 against us, I could care less if he coaches to 100.😁

If they are extending him then he has been told by Kraft to tank for Caleb Williams. Belichick would only do so if he had a long term commitment. Connect the dots at the high level business meetings!

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, boyst said:

He is about to be the All time losing-ist coach in the NFL. Really says a lot about him.

This is the only stat that needs to be recorded about him. 

I guess if you coach long enough, you’ll have a ton of losses, because the bad coaches don’t last long enough to pile up the losses. The guy Belichick will soon pass is Tom Landry, currently with most losses. Winning percentage is more relevant. 

Edited by WotAGuy

16 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I guess if you coach long enough, you’ll have a ton of losses, because the bad coaches don’t last long enough to pile up the losses. The guy Belichick will soon pass is Tom Landry, currently with most losses. Winning percentage is more relevant. 

Nope. Statistics prove it. Belichick is the biggest loser in the NFL. You can't change my mind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This means literally nothing. Coach extensions aren't like player extensions. I'm guessing the Pats put this out there to give the team some semblance of stability for the remainder of the season in the midst of tough questions from the fans and NFL media, but if Kraft wants to start fresh after the season he and Belichick will "mutually agree to part ways."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This means literally nothing. Coach extensions aren't like player extensions. I'm guessing the Pats put this out there to give the team some semblance of stability for the remainder of the season in the midst of tough questions from the fans and NFL media, but if Kraft wants to start fresh after the season he and Belichick will "mutually agree to part ways."

No salary cap for coaches.

40 minutes ago, Success said:

After winning 6 SB's as a head coach, you'd think his legacy would be intact.

And it kind of is.  But, it will likely always be "he needed Brady" now.  A lot of the mystique has disappeared without TB.

They have had pretty mediocre QB play. If BB can get a decent QB I think they are competitive again. 

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

As bad of a GM as he is, how many teams in the league wouldn't replace their HC with Belichick right now.  Seven to maybe eight.  Bills, Chiefs, Rams, Steelers, and maybe the Jags, Eagles, Ravens, and Seahawks.  I suspect every other team and even a few of these would trade out their current HC for Belichick.

Bengals. But that's because there is no way in this world that Mike Brown is going to pay a guy to NOT coach for his team.

1 hour ago, k2mountain said:

Popular belief is that is that Belichick wants to surpass Don Shula as winning-est coach in NFL history.

Shula has 328 wins. 71 year old Belichick has 299.

At this rate, Belichick will be coaching until his 80's.

The irony is he's more likely to pass the all time loss record first and no one will ever break that. 

My son in law who is a big Pats fan thinks it's worthless for him to go after that as he figures Andy Reid will beat out both of them for most wins, though he's not exactly a spring chicken either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.