Jerry Jeudy is Available (?) Do you want him & What is your offer?

Warriorspikes51

15 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He's going to cost prime Draft assets.

And the likelihood that they'd do that for someone who shows minimal effort and immaturity?

So he shows minimal effort and immaturity and also he is going to cost prime draft assets? I think we could get him for our 2nd at this point. Yeah there's a risk there. In my mind the larger risk is doing nothing. I guess if some team forks over a 1st or a presumably higher 2nd you tip your cap and move on.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

So he shows minimal effort and immaturity and also he is going to cost prime draft assets? I think we could get him for our 2nd at this point. Yeah there's a risk there. In my mind the larger risk is doing nothing. I guess if some team forks over a 1st or a presumably higher 2nd you tip your cap and move on.

Yes, because there are teams that gamble solely on talent and are in a  much worse position than us at WR.

And a 2nd is nothing to balk at. Especially with the amount of FA's we have coming up and the lack of cap space we have. That's about what I was thinking as well and that is prime Draft capital, in my opinion. 

My guess is, if we were to get into it at all (and I'd be surprised if they were), they'd offer no higher than a 4th. If they can get him at that price, maybe it's worth the risk to them. Anything Day 1 or Day 2 and that's too much for a guy who has legitimate effort and maturity concerns.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Broncos fans think Sutton has hardly any trade value due to his contract and are hoping someone offers a 3rd for Jeudy. 

honestly they are right. Van Jefferson who was drafted one round later than Jeudy and has 1 more TD and 70 less catches for 1k less yards in his career was traded for a swap of 6th and 7th rounders in 2025.

If the Broncos get anything (more likely he plays out his contract), it will be at best a day 3 pick in 2024 imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/11/2023 at 6:20 PM, Success said:

I don't.  It's not a need. And we HAVE needs.

Dorsey needs to start using the guys we have better.  Sherfield, Harty & Kincaid can all play - we need to start spreading the ball around more

Can they really?  What have they done thus far in their careers to show that they’re a crucial weapon for a top offense in their championship level prime?

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

How many does Trent Sherfield have per season? How many does Deonte Harty? Would love to see the math broken down for those dudes so I can be “blown away” lmao

Jeudy wasn’t even the most targeted WR on his team last year. 

You are about as bad a debater as Trent Sherfield is a WR. This is 10 yards per game type stuff . 

Dude your arguments are covered with so much sarcasm because you have such little substance. You are the epitome of “I’ve heard of this guy so the Bills should get him” 

You want to waste resources on a guy that has never even come close to matching his draft status. Him and Sutton combined for 7 catches for 60 yards-awesome

I’m sure you’ll have an amazingly funny, witty reply with no substance though, can’t wait to read it

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Sutton is at least NFL talent. I never called him a superstar. He can play the boundary, he can let Diggs move around. He can be a solid 3rd option on third down and beat his man sometimes. 

Apparently the young man Dalton isn’t ready. 

It was a good effort to try to make a rookie TE be our secret weapon for our Super Bowl run. Doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen. Time for plan B. 

Sutton is an nfl talent and gabe isn’t?  

it’s week 5.  

you’re acting really ignorant, but I’m assuming you’re just trolling.  Per usual

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I agree with you saying there's a risk in not doing anything at this point. I do think a proven option on offense would be a great move. Just not sure Juedy is the move. That's just the move people want to make because he's a guy they heard of that's rumored to be available. The list of guys that Beane is hearing may be available is likely much longer.

I remember, and I quite certain Brandon Beane does, when the Bills gave up a 3rd (and a late round pick IIRC) for a guy that showed minimal effort and immaturity in Kelvin Benjamin. We know how that turned out. It would shock me if he makes the same move twice.

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Dude your arguments are covered with so much sarcasm because you have such little substance. You are the epitome of “I’ve heard of this guy so the Bills should get him” 

You want to waste resources on a guy that has never even come close to matching his draft status. Him and Sutton combined for 7 catches for 60 yards-awesome

I’m sure you’ll have an amazingly funny, witty reply with no substance though, can’t wait to read it

7 catches for 60 yards takes Trent Sherfield 6 weeks to get lmao. and if you think that’s being just me trying to be witty, that’s actually his YPG average.  You only think there’s no substance because you don’t understand the math. 

You’re the one who asked if we had proof that Jeudy or Sutton was better than Sherfield. 

Honestly, one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen on here. Up there with “I believe in Nathan Peterman/Jeff Tuel.”

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Sutton is an nfl talent and gabe isn’t?  

it’s week 5.  

you’re acting really ignorant, but I’m assuming you’re just trolling.  Per usual

Gabe is 100% NFL talent. The guys BEHIND HIM are not. 

If you’re going to respond to arguments, try to follow along.

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

7 catches for 60 yards takes Trent Sherfield 6 weeks to get lmao. and if you think that’s being just me trying to be witty, that’s actually his YPG average.  You only think there’s no substance because you don’t understand the math. 

You’re the one who asked if we had proof that Jeudy or Sutton was better than Sherfield. 

Honestly, one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen on here. Up there with “I believe in Nathan Peterman/Jeff Tuel.”

Jeudy has amassed his pedestrian production with all the opportunity in the world as the supposed #1 option.

Jeudy is obviously very talented, as shown by his draft position, but something doesn't seem right there.  My guess is that he doesn't have the intangibles to be great.   Maybe he thrives with a change of scenery, who knows, but for better or worse he doesn't strike me as the type of guy the Bills will take a shot on.

Sutton just doesn't separate very well at all.  He can make some nice contested catches, but he better because they are all contested.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Broncos fans think Sutton has hardly any trade value due to his contract and are hoping someone offers a 3rd for Jeudy. 

They are absolutely correct.    With a $14M base salary........even if half of that were amortized prior to the trade there would have to be a rash of WR injuries around the league or they would have to eat a lot of money this year to get anyone to take Sutton on as a rental/prove-it.

The Jeudy situation is playing out similarly..........he is the more talented player but that guaranteed $12M+ cap hit for the acquiring team in 2024 drastically reduces the chance that someone will give up significant capital to take a chance on him.  

Maybe the Broncos hate his personality enough to dump him for a 3rd-6th but I would be a little surprised if they got as much as a 2nd for him at this point.   

Jeudy is somewhat like Sammy Watkins was in 2017..........everyone knows he is physically talented...........but there are questions about his makeup as a player.    

The differences are:

1) The Bills didn't pick up that 5th year option

2) They traded him before the season 

3) There was A LOT less receiving talent in the league after 3 bad WR drafts

All it takes is one team but I can't see it being the Bills unless the Broncos paid most of Jeudy's 2024 salary in the form of a bonus prior to the trade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, SCBills said:

Well then…

At halftime Richard Sherman said something similar. He said that the Broncos receivers just weren't getting open, leaving Russell Wilson nowhere to throw. He added that he couldn't see why anyone would trade for them (Jeudy/Sutton) since they weren't getting open against man-to-man coverage.

At least you can throw Sutton open as we saw on the great TD catch. Jeudy doesn't even have that ability. Keep away.

Jeudy is basically McKenzie but drafted in the first round and a little more injury prone. 
Sutton is mostly what I think most of us want to see Gabe be. Receiver who uses his size and wins contested catches. 
I’ve joked and repeatedly said if Buffalo is gonna trade for a receiver, I’d rather they rent Hollywood Brown from Arizona. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Jeudy is not as good as Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave. That was never the argument. He is however better than Gabe Davis, and certainly miles better than the guys we have lower on the depth chart.

And you know Davis has never had a 1,000 yard season either, right? In fact Jeudy had 136 yards MORE than Davis last year while playing 213 snaps LESS, without the benefit of an elite QB and an elite WR1 drawing attention away.

This isn't even an argument. The only possible reason to push back on trading for Jeudy is his contract and the draft capital we'd have to give up for him. And personally I'm sick of always playing it conservative, always worried about how the move will impact us three years from now while Allen's career slowly slips away.

"slowly slips away"

he's 26 for the love of God

THIS is the video that shows me I want nothing to do with him. Dude is standing around, helmet in hand shouting and dancing around....and look behind him.

Teammates getting ready for the game. Warming up. Going through routes and catching passes. Heck, one guy almost runs into him. Nah. He's NOT talented enough to put up with that. Hard pass. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was once for this, but no longer. I'd rather trade for a DB (Surtain) or LB.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

THIS is the video that shows me I want nothing to do with him. Dude is standing around, helmet in hand shouting and dancing around....and look behind him.

Teammates getting ready for the game. Warming up. Going through routes and catching passes. Heck, one guy almost runs into him. Nah. He's NOT talented enough to put up with that. Hard pass. 

26 yards is almost DOUBLE what he actually put up! 3/14yds, 1 INT allowed.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I'll pass on Jerry Jeudy. He's Just a Guy 

Lmao! pooping on a guy on a podcast is not constructive criticism. Speaking a guy face to face and giving a player tips  is constructive criticism. Steve Smith is a ***** meathead and always has been, guy has the worst case of little man syndrome I ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Lmao! pooping on a guy on a podcast is not constructive criticism. Speaking a guy face to face and giving a player tips  is constructive criticism. Steve Smith is a ***** meathead and always has been, guy has the worst case of little man syndrome I ever seen. 

Steve Smith wipes his ass with better paper than what Jerry Jeudy ever produced. Watch him move to CFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Steve Smith wipes his ass with better paper than what Jerry Jeudy ever produced. Watch him move to CFL. 

Doesn’t change anything. He ripped him on a podcast and then thought he deserves respect while face to face. He’s an idiot. 

• Agree 1

On 10/13/2023 at 12:10 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Steve Smith just destroyed his trade value haha 

To be fair, Jerry Jeudy destroyed Jerry Jeudy's trade value. Dude has all the talent in the world, but lacks the effort to maximize it and then has gone nuclear on respected veterans like Steve Smith, Rod Smith, and Philip Lindsay publicly - all the while underperforming on the field.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/11/2023 at 6:17 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://denversports.com/2108345/report-broncos-indeed-open-for-business-on-jeudy-sutton-more/

One day after Denver Broncos head coach Sean Payton said the team isn’t looking to make any more trades, an ESPN report is disputing that.

Dan Graziano wrote on Wednesday that “it feels pretty obvious from talking to teams around the league the 1-4 Broncos are open for business.”
That’s a direct contradiction to Payton, who said on Tuesday that Denver is “not looking to do business with any of our players.”

Payton’s answer felt like a smokescreen, and based on what Graziano is reporting, it indeed could’ve been. Obviously, if the Broncos somehow stun the Chiefs on Thursday night, things could change. But that feels unlikely, and at 1-5, Denver would be full-on sellers at the Halloween trade deadline.

Graziano also notes the Broncos are “not interested in parting with star cornerback Pat Surtain II,” because the team views him as a “building block” for the future.
Finally, he states the obvious that no one is trading for QB Russell Wilson’s lucrative contract.

It makes sense on Surtain. He’s only in this third year and still on a rookie deal through next season, while the Broncos will also pick up his fifth-year option eventually.

But Graziano mentions “prominent names” could also come up in trade speculation. He doesn’t get specific, but it’s not hard to figure it out. In addition to Sutton and Jeudy, guys like Justin Simmons, Garett Bolles and Frank Clark could be on the move.

This is probably the latest of many reports about what Denver could do between now and Oct. 31, but it sounds like Jeudy and Sutton’s days in orange and blue may be numbered. Stay tuned.

1.) Would you want the Bills to acquire him?

2.) What would be your offer to Denver? 

I would give nothing more than a 3rd rounder. Unlike Diggs, Jeudy doesn’t have the production to back it up. I do like his potential though especially w/ Allen throwing him the ball. Denver is a dumpster fire right now and I’m not sure even Jerry Rice himself could put up over 1000+ in that **** offense w/ that weirdo QB. 

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

😂 Steve smith is an angry elf (don’t tell him I said that!!!).  

I still think he is a guy who could blow up on the right team. But there is definitely something missing with his BRAIN.  He also doesn’t want any problems with Steve Smith either!

Fixed. 

I love his route runnings, but I wouldn’t give up anything higher than a 4th for him considering his contract sitch

3 hours ago, BananaB said:

Doesn’t change anything. He ripped him on a podcast and then thought he deserves respect while face to face. He’s an idiot. 

The truth hurts!! Steve said he was trying to apologize for his words. Jeudy should be trying to mess with Smith, maybe he'd learn something. Agent 89 was a player defenses feared weekly. 

6 hours ago, BananaB said:

I don’t know how you can call a 195 lbs man “little man”.  He’s one thick dude with real toughness…not just a mouth.  

He grew up in the tough streets of LA and carries that attitude.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Steve Smith is a bad mfr 

Nah......dude just has some serious mental illness going on.

MUCH of the sh!t he says is just utter, idiotic nonsense.........but something he did re-inforces an opinion held by some and they make the mistake of thinking that Smith must be insightful.

Nope.  

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah......dude just has some serious mental illness going on.

MUCH of the sh!t he says is just utter, idiotic nonsense.........but something he did re-inforces an opinion held by some and they make the mistake of thinking that Smith must be insightful.

Nope.  

Im not taking about his mental state 

Im talking about the dog on the field ... he wasn't a soft WR

He was tough as nails ..  and also took a lot of shots...

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.