Jerry Jeudy is Available (?) Do you want him & What is your offer?

Warriorspikes51

https://denversports.com/2108345/report-broncos-indeed-open-for-business-on-jeudy-sutton-more/

One day after Denver Broncos head coach Sean Payton said the team isn’t looking to make any more trades, an ESPN report is disputing that.

Dan Graziano wrote on Wednesday that “it feels pretty obvious from talking to teams around the league the 1-4 Broncos are open for business.”
That’s a direct contradiction to Payton, who said on Tuesday that Denver is “not looking to do business with any of our players.”

Payton’s answer felt like a smokescreen, and based on what Graziano is reporting, it indeed could’ve been. Obviously, if the Broncos somehow stun the Chiefs on Thursday night, things could change. But that feels unlikely, and at 1-5, Denver would be full-on sellers at the Halloween trade deadline.

Graziano also notes the Broncos are “not interested in parting with star cornerback Pat Surtain II,” because the team views him as a “building block” for the future.
Finally, he states the obvious that no one is trading for QB Russell Wilson’s lucrative contract.

It makes sense on Surtain. He’s only in this third year and still on a rookie deal through next season, while the Broncos will also pick up his fifth-year option eventually.

But Graziano mentions “prominent names” could also come up in trade speculation. He doesn’t get specific, but it’s not hard to figure it out. In addition to Sutton and Jeudy, guys like Justin Simmons, Garett Bolles and Frank Clark could be on the move.

This is probably the latest of many reports about what Denver could do between now and Oct. 31, but it sounds like Jeudy and Sutton’s days in orange and blue may be numbered. Stay tuned.

1.) Would you want the Bills to acquire him?

2.) What would be your offer to Denver? 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

• Warriorspikes51 changed the title to Jerry Jeudy is Available (?) Do you want him & What is your offer?
2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://denversports.com/2108345/report-broncos-indeed-open-for-business-on-jeudy-sutton-more/

One day after Denver Broncos head coach Sean Payton said the team isn’t looking to make any more trades, an ESPN report is disputing that.

Dan Graziano wrote on Wednesday that “it feels pretty obvious from talking to teams around the league the 1-4 Broncos are open for business.”
That’s a direct contradiction to Payton, who said on Tuesday that Denver is “not looking to do business with any of our players.”

Payton’s answer felt like a smokescreen, and based on what Graziano is reporting, it indeed could’ve been. Obviously, if the Broncos somehow stun the Chiefs on Thursday night, things could change. But that feels unlikely, and at 1-5, Denver would be full-on sellers at the Halloween trade deadline.

Graziano also notes the Broncos are “not interested in parting with star cornerback Pat Surtain II,” because the team views him as a “building block” for the future.
Finally, he states the obvious that no one is trading for QB Russell Wilson’s lucrative contract.

It makes sense on Surtain. He’s only in this third year and still on a rookie deal through next season, while the Broncos will also pick up his fifth-year option eventually.

But Graziano mentions “prominent names” could also come up in trade speculation. He doesn’t get specific, but it’s not hard to figure it out. In addition to Sutton and Jeudy, guys like Justin Simmons, Garett Bolles and Frank Clark could be on the move.

This is probably the latest of many reports about what Denver could do between now and Oct. 31, but it sounds like Jeudy and Sutton’s days in orange and blue may be numbered. Stay tuned.

Would rather take Sutton. Would give a 2nd round pick in a second. 

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't.  It's not a need. And we HAVE needs.

Dorsey needs to start using the guys we have better.  Sherfield, Harty & Kincaid can all play - we need to start spreading the ball around more

Fair point and it's likely we don't add anyone on offense.  Although, I would really like Mecole Hardman for a late round pick.  Harty is quick, Hardman is blazing fast. We could really use some speed

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Dorsey needs to start using the guys we have better.  Sherfield, Harty & Kincaid can all play - we need to start spreading the ball around more

Sherfield cannot play. Not sure Harty can play either. 

We need another guy who can get open and threaten defenses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The extra 3rd rounder we have would be about as high of a pick as I’d be willing to give up. Maybe add on a late rounder or an incentive if he finishes with so many TDs or if we win a SB 

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Hard to argue this point. Although I think Harty is pretty much useless and Sherfield isn’t that good. Kincaid might be but it appears Dorsey has an issue with using TEs as weapons and not as blockers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Success said:

If we were actually serious about getting Hopkins but his price was too high, then wouldn't that mean Beane and the team are open to the idea that we could use another WR threat?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Fair point and it's likely we don't add anyone on offense.  Although, I would really like Mecole Hardman for a late round pick.  Harty is quick, Hardman is blazing fast. We could really use some speed

I'd like Hardman too but doubt Jets are gonna make any trades with Bills.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If we were actually serious about getting Hopkins but his price was too high, then wouldn't that mean Beane and the team are open to the idea that we could use another WR threat?

I can't really disagree w/ that. But circumstances today are just different.

Davis is playing pretty well, and Sherfield has made the most of the few moments he has had.  Meanwhile, we lost 3 of our best players on D.  

The offense is a very minor concern right now, despite the Jags game, which was just all kinds of weirdness anyway.  I would think if we're going to trade and give up valuable capital from either the draft or the roster, it would be to bolster positions like LB or CB, where we're now thin.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Success said:

I can't really disagree w/ that. But circumstances today are just different.

Davis is playing pretty well, and Sherfield has made the most of the few moments he has had.  Meanwhile, we lost 3 of our best players on D.  

The offense is a very minor concern right now, despite the Jags game, which was just all kinds of weirdness anyway.  I would think if we're going to trade and give up valuable capital from either the draft or the roster, it would be to bolster positions like LB or CB, where we're now thin.

We’re certainly in a strange spot where offense is the least of our concerns, yet is the reason we lost two games. 

Im not saying that condescendingly.. I agree.   However, facts are facts, and even with all the injuries, our defense did what was needed for us to (easily) beat Jacksonville, if not for our second horrible offensive performance of the year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes in a heartbeat. Knox is useless as a receiving threat. Kincaid is learning. We need that slot guy that beasely used to be. The offense would be unstoppable and the d line would eat with leads. 

it’s time for big baller beane to push his chips in and go for a title. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Success said:

I think it would be a nice get but I also agree with you.  We have guys.  Josh needs to do better recognizing the open guy getting him the ball.  Dorsey needs to do better.  Guys need to stop getting caught up in the same area of the field.  Guys also need to do better on must have catches.  I think we have the guys. Everyone just needs to do better.

On the flipsides, we have obvious needs on the defensive side of the ball now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’re certainly in a strange spot where offense is the least of our concerns, yet is the reason we lost two games. 

Im not saying that condescendingly.. I agree.   However, facts are facts, and even with all the injuries, our defense did what was needed for us to (easily) beat Jacksonville, if not for our second horrible offensive performance of the year. 

I can't disagree w/ that, either!  Our O has been kind of schizophrenic.

The talent is there, imo.  I just really don't know about Dorsey, still.  I saw what Jax was doing w/ their run game - I'm not an x's and o's guy, but it just seemed more creative than what we do.  Unpredictable.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I won't dispute that the offense was bad vs Jags

however if you are looking for a defense that did what was needed to beat them, you should look at the Chiefs and not the Bills

59 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd be good with that!   I'd offer a 2nd + for Jeudy  or a 2nd for Sutton 

I wouldn't offer a 2nd for both of them.  Suttons overpaid, and Jeudy has never proven to be worth where he was drafted.  Sutton is basically Gabe davis - so not sure what the appeal there is as they basically have the same function, he drops plenty of balls, and isn't as good of a deep threat. 

Jeudy is interesting, but he comes with a 5th year option at 13M in cap space - so you'd be choosing him over Gabe basically.  With our cap situation, you almost have to extend him so its not even a win now trade.  

We alrady have Jeudy...his name is Gabe Davis and he catches more TD's than Jeudy does.  Not that interested in adding him.  

Better plan...lets someone sit Dorsey down and teach him how to use the actual weapons here like Kincaid more.  Then if we make a trade, its to bolster someplace we actually have a deficiency at right now.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Success said:

Absolutely this ^^^

utilize the talent that is on board to its maximum benefit, so far it is not being done.  Kincaid is a 1st down in yardage every one or to catches, Sherfield is much the same, at this point if the opponent doubles Diggs, Dorsey doesn’t appear to understand how to counter that with any regularity. The more the ball gets spread around in the passing game the more difficult it is for the opponent to defend the pass. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

In the NFL, Jeudy drops the ball like Gabe Davis.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We alrady have Jeudy...his name is Gabe Davis and he catches more TD's than Jeudy does.  Not that interested in adding him.  

Jeudy drop %:

2022 - 5.0%

2023 - 4.2%

Davis drop %:

2022 - 9.7%

2023 - 7.7%

Jeudy has caught 70.8% of his targets this year which is better than Davis has ever done, with a much worse QB and with no elite WR1 taking attention away from him.

Not comparable players at all IMO. He would be a perfect fit for our needs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Jeudy drop %:

2022 - 5.0%

2023 - 4.2%

Davis drop %:

2022 - 9.7%

2023 - 7.7%

Jeudy has caught 70.8% of his targets this year which is better than Davis has ever done, with a much worse QB and with no elite WR1 taking attention away from him.

Fair enough, TBH I thought his stats were worse than that.  

But, Davis knows the offense and Allen knows Davis.  Not sure adding Jeudy in midseason over Davis makes the offense better.  Wilson is having a pretty good year actually and Jeudy is invisible in that offense.  

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Better plan...lets someone sit Dorsey down and teach him how to use the actual weapons here like Kincaid more.  Then if we make a trade, its to bolster someplace we actually have a deficiency at right now.  

That’s it right there.  

The OC hasn’t shown any consistency or has gotten the most out of the weapons he’s been given is the bigger issue.  

I don’t know if this offense knows what it wants to be.  It’s trying to be everything and it doesn’t work that way.  

The Chiefs are running far more because they have an elite interior O line.  Mahomes isn’t putting up the numbers he did when he had Hill.  But they always get plays when they need them bc their OC (Reid) knows how to use his guys. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Jeudy drop %:

2022 - 5.0%

2023 - 4.2%

Davis drop %:

2022 - 9.7%

2023 - 7.7%

I trust you in those numbers and agree that this would improve the Bills. Trade Davis and a low round pick for Jeudy if Payton will take it 

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But, Davis knows the offense and Allen knows Davis.  Not sure adding Jeudy in midseason over Davis makes the offense better.  Wilson is having a pretty good year actually and Jeudy is invisible in that offense.  

Allen knows Davis but if he had a better option, Allen wouldn't trust him with clutch plays. Those drops in the Jags game had me pulling my hair out. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It's also not just about this year though, Diggs turns 30 this year, it's not a bad idea to bring a young guy who might have under performed due a bad coaching and QB situation. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I like Sutton better than Judy.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Would rather take Sutton. Would give a 2nd round pick in a second. 

I'd do that in a New York minute. 

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Sherfield cannot play. Not sure Harty can play either. 

We need another guy who can get open and threaten defenses. 

That's it in a nutshell. Need an upgrade for sure. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

We love our marginally talented try hards and resent actual NFL talent.

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I like Sutton better than Judy.

I'd do that in a New York minute. 

That's it in a nutshell. Need an upgrade for sure. 

It’s actually crazy.

I get that we like to have fun Madden moments and daydream about adding Davante Adams and Deandre Hopkins, but there are compelling and realistic reasons to not pursue those guys necessarily. 

But by the same token, Trent Sherfield has averaged 10 yards per game in his SEVEN year career. There are 100 guys like that waiting for a call. 

I said it before, we could call Emmanuel Sanders out of retirement TODAY, and he would be WR2/3 INSTANTLY. That means these bums ain’t it.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I think it would be a nice get but I also agree with you.  We have guys.  Josh needs to do better recognizing the open guy getting him the ball.  Dorsey needs to do better.  Guys need to stop getting caught up in the same area of the field.  Guys also need to do better on must have catches.  I think we have the guys. Everyone just needs to do better.

On the flipsides, we have obvious needs on the defensive side of the ball now.

I here you Scott. I just don't think you can put your eggs in the defensive basket right now. With all the key injuries it's going to be extremely difficult to contain playoff team offenses. Heck it's hard enough when healthy. 

With that premise, I'd rather allocate any significant moves towards some offensive weapons. Get Josh more weapons to win playoff games vs good defenses. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s actually crazy.

I get that we like to have fun Madden moments and daydream about adding Davante Adams and Deandre Hopkins, but there are compelling and realistic reasons to not pursue those guys necessarily. 

But by the same token, Trent Sherfield has averaged 10 yards per game in his SEVEN year career. There are 100 guys like that waiting for a call. 

I said it before, we could call Emmanuel Sanders out of retirement TODAY, and he would be WR2/3 INSTANTLY. That means these bums ain’t it.

Not saying you are incorrect but the Bills do need to get done better production from the WRs besides Diggs. We all know what Davis is. 

The WRs they have added just really aren't producing. Whether it's talent or coaching something has to change.  (Probably both) 

Edited by newcam2012

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Not saying you are incorrect but the Bills do need to get done better production from the WRs besides Diggs. We all know what Davis is. 

The WRs they have added just really aren't producing. Whether it's talent or coaching something has to change.  (Probably both) 

It’s the talent. 

Trent and Harty have around 1700 yards and 8 receiving TD’s between the two of them in 11 NFL seasons combined.

In 7 NFL season, Isaiah McKenzie has had 1300 yards and 11 receiving TD’s.

These bums were the “upgraded receiving core?”

Just now, DJB said:

Sutton is Gabe Davis 2.0

No 

Gabe Davis 2.0 means Sherfield and Harty don’t see the field again.

Gabe aint perfect but he’s at least a good NFLer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.