Jerry Jeudy is Available (?) Do you want him & What is your offer?

Warriorspikes51

2 hours ago, dhgold said:

I live in Denver. Jeudy is held in very low regard here. Mark Schlereth, he of the three Super Bowl rings, is a host on Denver sports radio. He's been down on Jeudy for a long time, as have most of his fellow radio hosts (which include former NFL receivers), but he has gone nuclear recently, essentially saying Jeudy is completely worthless and that the Broncos should cut him ASAP.

I'm not sure I'd want him on the Bills even if he were a waiver wire pickup.

Mark Schlereth used to piss himself on the field. Somehow thought he was playing a trick on the fans.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I give a first for Jj

Our first round pick next year should be a wide receiver anyway

That would be a fireable offense by Beane. 

Trade a 1 for a guy who hasn’t lived up to his hype and is immediately owed real money next year, so we can’t even get the benefit of a rookie contract?

Hard pass on that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Well then…

If that was truly his response, it definitely shows a lack of maturity on his part. Which I pretty much assumed after his Combine interview where he showed off his gawdy Star of David necklace he bought and said when asked of it:

"My last name's Jeudy. People sometimes call me 'Jew,' ... So, I just got a Jewish star," he explained. "I'm not Jewish, though."

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He's on pace to do just that this season.

His 320 yards through Week 5 place him 21st amongst all WR's in the league. As a #2 WR, he ranks above a third of the league's #1 WR's. His 4 TD's through 5 games ranks him 4th amongst all WR's in the league.

They didn't want to supplant him as the #2 WR before the season started. Yes, I know they did due diligence on Hopkins. But there's a reason why they only made a minimum offer, didn't push harder, and weren't phased by him going elsewhere.

There's zero chance with how he's produced through 5 games that they're looking to take reps away from him now when they didn't even do it before. They've always maintained last season was a combination of injuries and growing into an increased role. This season, he's playing at a level above anything he's done so far.

You might feel "too little, too late". But the kid's cooking this year. It makes zero sense that they didn't pull the plug before but they'll do it now that he's playing his best ball. And I don't see them trading the assets it will take for a guy who'd they view as the 3rd WR.

Not to mention doing so would only make sense if they've decided they're moving on from Gabe after this season and I don't think they want to slam the door in his face now and disrupt how he's performing. 

There's MUCH bigger issues with this team's roster right now than another WR and Gabe Davis has not only not been a problem through the first 1/3 of the season - he's been a bright spot. Your banging the table to supplant him during the Offseason had *some* merit. Right now, you just look like you have a grudge you won't let go of.

Do you think it’s possible that the Bills could somehow have multiple good WR’s ? Maybe they could put 3 of them on the field at once?

Hm

41 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If that was truly his response, it definitely shows a lack of maturity on his part. Which I pretty much assumed after his Combine interview where he showed off his gawdy Star of David necklace he bought and said when asked of it:

"My last name's Jeudy. People sometimes call me 'Jew,' ... So, I just got a Jewish star," he explained. "I'm not Jewish, though."

Just googled that 😂

Unbelievable. SMH. 

🤦‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Jeudy is not as good as Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave. That was never the argument. He is however better than Gabe Davis, and certainly miles better than the guys we have lower on the depth chart.

And you know Davis has never had a 1,000 yard season either, right? In fact Jeudy had 136 yards MORE than Davis last year while playing 213 snaps LESS, without the benefit of an elite QB and an elite WR1 drawing attention away.

This isn't even an argument. The only possible reason to push back on trading for Jeudy is his contract and the draft capital we'd have to give up for him. And personally I'm sick of always playing it conservative, always worried about how the move will impact us three years from now while Allen's career slowly slips away.

Exactly...they had nobody to throw the ball to and he STILL can't put up default #1 Numbers without a Diggs taking the bulk of targets.

51 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Do you think it’s possible that the Bills could somehow have multiple good WR’s ? Maybe they could put 3 of them on the field at once?

Hm

Yes, but are we going to give up high draft assets and get into a bidding war with the Colts and other unreported teams for a guy who would be no greater than WR3 in terms of reps on this roster? Doubtful.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

28 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yes, but are we going to give up high draft assets and get into a bidding war with the Colts and other unreported teams for a guy who would be no greater than WR3 in terms of reps on this roster? Doubtful.

Vs relying on Trent Sherfield/Deonte Harty in the postseason? 

I agree that seems more likely, but it's also more likely to end in disaster.

Thus far, it looks like this could be the year we could outpace some of the other top AFC teams on offense.  But I don't like our chances to outpace them if we aren't more talented.

Edited by FireChans

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Vs relying on Trent Sherfield/Deonte Harty in the postseason? 

I agree that seems more likely, but it's also more likely to end in disaster.

Thus far, it looks like this could be the year we could outpace some of the other top AFC teams on offense.  But I don't like our chances to outpace them if we aren't more talented.

Honest question-have you seen things from Jeudy that separate him from Sherfield or Harry? Or is it the Alabama background and the first round pick status? Is he really that more talented than those 2 guys? 

51 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Exactly...they had nobody to throw the ball to and he STILL can't put up default #1 Numbers without a Diggs taking the bulk of targets.

What do you think Davis's stats would look like as the #1 WR on the Broncos?

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

have you seen things from Jeudy that separate him from Sherfield or Harry?

Is this for real? Like actually for real? He had 972 yards last year.

Edited by HappyDays

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

Honest question-have you seen things from Jeudy that separate him from Sherfield or Harry? Or is it the Alabama background and the first round pick status? Is he really that more talented than those 2 guys? 

Um, really?

Jerry Jeudy 2500 yards and 9 TD's in his 4 year career, keeping in mind he missed almost half of his second season.

Trent Sherfield has 800 yards and 4 TD's in his 6 year career.

Harty has almost 900 yards and 4 TD's in his 5 year career.

Jeudy is more productive than both of them combined over 11 combined seasons. 

Is this a joke?

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Jeudy has more yards and TD's in a single season (15 games played) than Harty or Sherfield have had in their careers.

ARE WE SURE HE'S BETTER THAN THEM??????????

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Jeudy has more yards and TD's in a single season (15 games played) than Harty or Sherfield have had in their careers.

If Harty had played at Alabama instead of Assumption University I would have a higher opinion of him

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If Harty had played at Alabama instead of Assumption University I would have a higher opinion of him

Can we be sure Stefon Diggs is better than Trent Sherfield? 

I know Diggs hits Sherfield career numbers by like Week 8 every year, but can we be sure? 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Unfortunately that's 28 yards short of 1000 and therefore doesn't count apparently. 🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I respect the hell out of Steve Smith. If he doesn’t like Jerry Jeudy, then I don’t like him either I guess.

I don't know the whole thing comes off weird, Steve Smith is saying he was trying to tell Jeudy he was wrong about him, so I guess he was talking down about him as a player. Jeudy uses a bit of colorful language to say he doesn't want to talk with him, which isn't great but also isn't exactly outside the norm for players, so then Smith fresh off of that immediately puts him on blast for it. I mean I think this would mean a lot more if Jeudy was actually the one who was publicly calling out Smith for what he'd said about him in the first place but it's not he just didn't want to ***** talk with him because of it.

14 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I had the same thought about Gabe Davis. Bringing in a player like Jeudy would be awkward to the point that Davis would  have to be shipped off as part of the trade or in a separate one.

Jeudy is on the last year of his rookie contract and his $13M, 5th year option  in 2024 has been picked up. Any trade would mean that Denver is just shipping off a disgruntled player before having to pay him that. So they wouldn’t be looking for much in trade. 

Even so I don’t see the point unless we have an injury at the position. I’d pass unless the coaches think that shaking things up by swapping out Davis for Jeudy is worth the risk. 

Edit: Upon reflection I think shaking things up is necessary and that the talent difference between Jeudy and Davis makes it worth the risk. 

Jeudy takes the bulk of his snaps in the slot id though, but if not....

I think it makes no sense to go after the guy, then bench Gabe......however

JJeudy and Gabe on the outsides, Diggs taking most of his snaps from the slot.  Kink can split his snaps between in-line and in the slot. When Kinks in the slot, you either have both Diggs and him there in 4 WR set, or sub out Gabe/Jeudy and bump Stef back outside

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

3 hours too late

Just now, FireChans said:

Courtland Sutton sucks!

Proceeds to make a contested, falling backward, one armed TD catch that would be the greatest in Gabe Davis’ career. 

You’d rather have Sutton than gabe?  

I’m not a big fan of gabe, but if we had Sutton, you’d be 💩ing all over him too

Edited by NewEra

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

3 hours too late

You’d rather have Sutton than gabe?  

I’m not a big fan of gabe, but if we had Sutton, you’d be 💩ing all over him too

I don’t think Gabe sucks. I think he’s a limited good player, and I think that having a bunch of good players to be used by our great QB is a good thing.

I know, I know I’m a monster. Everyone else wants more Harty screen passes for -3 yards.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don’t think Gabe sucks. I think he’s a limited good player, and I think that having a bunch of good players to be used by our great QB is a good thing.

I know, I know I’m a monster. Everyone else wants more Harty screen passes for -3 yards.

Sutton is very similar to gabe.  Limited. 

We don’t want Harty.  We want Dorsey to grow a pair and use Wincaid.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

aight, i take it all back. dudes a moron lol 

image.png.d70a38752ed1dfd9695f7f4d432f9e47.png

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sutton is very similar to gabe.  Limited. 

We don’t want Harty.  We want Dorsey to grow a pair and use Wincaid.  

Sutton is at least NFL talent. I never called him a superstar. He can play the boundary, he can let Diggs move around. He can be a solid 3rd option on third down and beat his man sometimes. 

Apparently the young man Dalton isn’t ready. 

It was a good effort to try to make a rookie TE be our secret weapon for our Super Bowl run. Doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen. Time for plan B. 

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

aight, i take it all back. dudes a moron lol

image.png.d70a38752ed1dfd9695f7f4d432f9e47.png

Totally. I remember watching the combine interview and immediately thought - "wow, this guy's not very bright".

Other things that have been said about his lack of effort and now tonight's incident with Steve Smith (who is VERY respected by McDermott) scream the type of player this regime would avoid.

Making an unlikely situation an even more unlikely situation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Um, really?

Jerry Jeudy 2500 yards and 9 TD's in his 4 year career, keeping in mind he missed almost half of his second season.

Trent Sherfield has 800 yards and 4 TD's in his 6 year career.

Harty has almost 900 yards and 4 TD's in his 5 year career.

Jeudy is more productive than both of them combined over 11 combined seasons. 

Is this a joke?

Ok so let’s combine these 2 together. He had 2500 yards in 4 seasons, so roughly 600 yards a season as a supposed #1 and that’s supposed to blow me away. And almost 1000 of it came last year…which again, ALMOST 1000 coming from a supposed #1 receiver

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Courtland Sutton sucks!

Proceeds to make a contested, falling backward, one armed TD catch that would be the greatest in Gabe Davis’ career. 

Are we talking about the same player who has made numerous amazing catches along the sidelines including back to back ones in the Colts playoff games?

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Other things that have been said about his lack of effort and now tonight's incident with Steve Smith (who is VERY respected by McDermott) scream the type of player this regime would avoid.

So bring him in and tell him he has one shot to make his career worth something. Pump him up with the prospect of playing for Josh Allen on a Super Bowl contender. What, our coaches aren't good enough to ignite some passion in a talented kid that's been stuck in an awful situation? Then they aren't the right coaches. JuJu the problem child figured it out for one season in KC. Is Jeudy really that bad a guy that he is unsalvageable?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So bring him in and tell him he has one shot to make his career worth something. Pump him up with the prospect of playing for Josh Allen on a Super Bowl contender. What, our coaches aren't good enough to ignite some passion in a talented kid that's been stuck in an awful situation? Then they aren't the right coaches. JuJu the problem child figured it out for one season in KC. Is Jeudy really that bad a guy that he is unsalvageable?

That's fine that you feel that's how McDermott should operate. But you and I both know he places a tremendous amount of credence to his "process". Of which, effort and maturity play a very big part in.

And bringing in a player almost in a probationary sense of "you've got one shot" is all fine and good if you're bringing someone in off the street or paying close to nothing for him. But you also know that's not going to be the case. He's going to cost prime Draft assets.

And the likelihood that they'd do that for someone who shows minimal effort and immaturity? Slim to none, even without taking into account all the other things I mentioned making it an already unlikely scenario.

29 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Ok so let’s combine these 2 together. He had 2500 yards in 4 seasons, so roughly 600 yards a season as a supposed #1 and that’s supposed to blow me away. And almost 1000 of it came last year…which again, ALMOST 1000 coming from a supposed #1 receiver

How many does Trent Sherfield have per season? How many does Deonte Harty? Would love to see the math broken down for those dudes so I can be “blown away” lmao

Jeudy wasn’t even the most targeted WR on his team last year. 

You are about as bad a debater as Trent Sherfield is a WR. This is 10 yards per game type stuff . 

Edited by FireChans

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.