Von Miller is playing in London!

jaybills

I think it's possible for Von to get some snaps just to get him going and back into game shape.  I don't think they are going to play him on full rotations though.  It isn't like this team to do that with players coming off this type of injury.  They usually work them back in slowly if I am not mistaken.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, jaybills said:

94.5% chance according to Von himself that he is going to play. How much? Who knows. 

7 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm 100% sure everyone has read this 94.5 times already today. 

change the title. 

6 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

He was 96.3% sure we would sign DHOP. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Not sure, but……Haven’t we covered this a thousand times with Tre’s ACL? Docs clearing you does not mean you are ready to play in an NFL football game.  Every player and every injury is different. Being “cleared” might mean next Sunday, or they can put you in the “day to day” category which can last weeks. 

I think Von can come back and be close to Von from snap one. That was not the case with Tre. I pray for his recovery. Great guy by all accounts, and two really lousy breaks. Hope things go well for this young man! 

I would think if there's anyone who could step right in and play with minimal official practice, especially a month after being cleared by docs to play, it's Von Miller.  Dude's just unnatural.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

If we need Von Miller on the field in order to win this game, there is a problem. 

Rushing him back would be stupid. 

I get that. However, if he is indeed 100% cleared to play we need to start getting him some reps and I see no real danger in that. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If we need Von Miller on the field in order to win this game, there is a problem. 

Rushing him back would be stupid. 

Definitely don't rush him back. I'd love to see Kingsley Jonathon get a ton of playing time. The dude has flashed some serious potential. And he has a better RAS than Groot and Jerry Hughes. 

14 minutes ago, Maynard said:

I get that. However, if he is indeed 100% cleared to play we need to start getting him some reps and I see no real danger in that. 

12 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Definitely don't rush him back. I'd love to see Kingsley Jonathon get a ton of playing time. The dude has flashed some serious potential. And he has a better RAS than Groot and Jerry Hughes. 

I think it’s an unrealistic expectation that Miller will begin playing in week 5 and remain healthy throughout the season. To Motorin’s point - let other guys get reps now because it’s likely we’ll need them further down the road. 

If this was a division game or a game against KC, then I’d be on board to get him on the field. 

But it’s Jacksonville. 

We shouldn’t need him on the field to win this game and I doubt we’ll be looking a tiebreaker scenarios with Jacksonville come January. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Rushing him back" would have been playing him in week 1. They are clear of that. He was ready then.

I'd love to keep him as a break glass in case of emergency player too, but the dude is getting paid to play and contribute to wins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I am in the minority, I think the money spent on Von could have been spent more wisely.  The knee injury only made things worse. 

The fact that you can own, makes it better.  We'll see very soon how much he impacts a defense that's already playing lights. Imo it can't hurt to have a HOF player joining the fold

18 hours ago, jaybills said:

94.5% chance according to Von himself that he is going to play. How much? Who knows. 

Looks like we need to up the min posts to 130 before you can start your own thread.  

Any other click bait, uniformed opinions you have for us.  

Maybe a link to Von being activated that takes us to a barstool site article

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think it’s an unrealistic expectation that Miller will begin playing in week 5 and remain healthy throughout the season. To Motorin’s point - let other guys get reps now because it’s likely we’ll need them further down the road. 

If this was a division game or a game against KC, then I’d be on board to get him on the field. 

But it’s Jacksonville. 

We shouldn’t need him on the field to win this game and I doubt we’ll be looking a tiebreaker scenarios with Jacksonville come January. 

No but I think conference is the tiebreaker after head to head for seeding in the playoffs.  So if for example we are tied for the one seed with Baltimore, conference record will matter. 

In any case, if he aint ready I still wouldn't play him but I don't know where all this talk comes from every time someone is coming back from injury.  Why do people assume he is being rushed if he plays? If he is healthy then the best thing for him would be to get some reps and start getting back in football shape.  That is not to say he should go out there and play a full game or anything, but he should get at least some reps.  It's good for his conditioning.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I am in the minority, I think the money spent on Von could have been spent more wisely.  The knee injury only made things worse. 

I can understand this point of view although I was all in on Von. I’d be interested in who you would have spent that money on more wisely though. Or, is this just you don’t like spending that kind of money for an older DE despite his pedigree? Just curious, as I don’t think signing Von to that contract has really kept us from making any other moves that we wanted to make and our biggest need at the time was some pass rush to get past KC. Sucks that he blew out his knee which was a risk we took.

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

"Rushing him back" would have been playing him in week 1. They are clear of that. He was ready then.

I'd love to keep him as a break glass in case of emergency player too, but the dude is getting paid to play and contribute to wins.

Exactly....it’s football....any player could get hurt at any time. If Von is medically cleared to play, then he should be playing. Obviously, he shouldn’t be playing 100% of the snaps, but not playing a player because you are afraid he might get injured just isn’t something that coaches or players would be on board with.

Maybe the Bills should sit Josh Allen for the next 4 or 5 weeks to keep him from getting injured as well🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Bills better add Kurt Angle to the mix

With his take down skills we can use him for tackling 

11 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Only justification for a contract like that is if they win the big one. 

When not if. 

And the time is now. 

11 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I can understand this point of view although I was all in on Von. I’d be interested in who you would have spent that money on more wisely though. Or, is this just you don’t like spending that kind of money for an older DE despite his pedigree? Just curious, as I don’t think signing Von to that contract has really kept us from making any other moves that we wanted to make and our biggest need at the time was some pass rush to get past KC. Sucks that he blew out his knee which was a risk we took.

I would have spent the $$$ on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Do they have to activate him and make a corresponding roster move by some deadline? 

Yes. He's not currently on the roster. My guess is that they'll activate him when they put Tre White on IR.

Edited by WhoTom