Hypothetically… Brian Daboll gets the boot….

The 9 Isles

What would you do if you could pull the lever AND Daboll would want to come back…  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What offensive coordinator would you prefer?

• No doubt…. Bring back Daboll
    • Nah…ride or die with Dorsey

If Dorsey doesn't evolve over the season, you definitely bring back Daboll or just fire Dorsey and hire someone else.  

While there have been some good things has done the past 2 weeks, there are still too many debacles like throwing it on 4th and inches when your QB is Josh Allen and him sneaking the ball on 4th and inches is without question going to have the highest success rate by a mile over any other play they can call.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If Dorsey doesn't evolve over the season, you definitely bring back Daboll or just fire Dorsey and hire someone else.  

While there have been some good things has done the past 2 weeks, there are still too many debacles like throwing it on 4th and inches when your QB is Josh Allen and him sneaking the ball on 4th and inches is without question going to have the highest success rate by a mile over any other play they can call.

Daboll had a bunch of these boneheaded calls too, which is why I didn't like him much either.  Personally, I don't mind Daboll as OC but I think if we do anything we should hire a different OC and change up this predictable offense some.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Augie said:

You have applied on-line, haven’t you??? 

All I know is McD called McDaniel’s scheme “revolutionary” in the presser today. He’s scheming all sorts of creative ways to get guys the ball, a lot of misdirection, sleight of hand, magical stuff. No one is calling the Bills offense revolutionary or innovative. I think they could be so much more and I’m not a Dorsey hater. BUT it is extremely tough finding that guy who is a schematic genius. Panthers thought Joe Brady was one, now he’s in Buffalo as a QB’s coach after his failure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think people forget how maddening Daboll could be at times. 

Abandoning the run game. All the cute calls. Nah, that ship has sailed IMO. 

If Dorsey were to move on for some reason I would want someone else that can teach Josh and the offense things they haven't learned. New perspective. 

I think Dorsey is figuring some things out for himself still. 

Unsure if he’s ever going to be “the man”. But there are some things I like about this offense that I found frustrating under Daboll.

For all the “Josh can’t do it all” Daboll asked Josh to…well…it all. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am amazed at how some still continue to blame Dorsey for everything from inflation to the war in the Ukraine.

In the past, I have posted links comparing the Bills offense in 2022 under Dorsey v. 2021 under Daboll. To those who take every opportunity to whinge about Dorsey, you can look it up yourselves.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dorsey's questionable decision making forces the offense to work harder than it should. The little motion he does call just doesn't create mismatches. The gadget sweeps to Harty have been worthless. And our personnel does not excel at YAC, so why so many throws behind the LOS.  Daboll wasn't perfect but he was more creative than KD.

• Agree 3

I would not bring Daboll back. 
He is a phenomenal coach imo but the best move he made was bringing Kafka in to call plays over there. 
I was done with Dabolls playcalling and I would not enjoy seeing it return, I just wasn’t a fan. It’s no knock on him, I think he’s very intelligent at designing plays and building a playbook around his playmakers. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think Dorsey is figuring some things out for himself still. 

Unsure if he’s ever going to be “the man”. But there are some things I like about this offense that I found frustrating under Daboll.

For all the “Josh can’t do it all” Daboll asked Josh to…well…it all. 

And without Barkley last week he abandoned the run very early and asked Daniel Jones to do it all. He's learned nothing. 

I think Dorsey one day will be a fine Coordinator. I have no issues with him. I just never thought taking over a top contending team that was on the cusp of Super Bowls is the best thing for any 1st time OC/DC. Too much pressure to "win now" rather than learn OTJ. 

• Like (+1) 3

I’m fine with Daboll but I want someone who is very familiar with the Niners Shanahan offense. Mike McDaniel worked 5 years under Shanahan and his offense is the same . Guys always open and RAC. 

Guys are constantly schemed open we need that 

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Nah I throw the brinks truck at Ben Johnson the OC of Detroit 

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

hes going to be an HC

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Id throw McDermott overboard for the guy 

Ahh yes the hot coordinator name.  He's so much better than Dorsey and of course he's much better than mcd as a head coach even though he's never done it.

Oh wait.... the bills average more yards per game, more rushing yards per game, and more points per game (by a full touchdown).

Buffalo is 2nd in points and Detroit is 13th!  That's the guy we should throw the winningest coach in teams history overboard for?!

Strong I've heard of him energy with these posts....

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, section122 said:

Ahh yes the hot coordinator name.  He's so much better than Dorsey and of course he's much better than mcd as a head coach even though he's never done it.

Oh wait.... the bills average more yards per game, more rushing yards per game, and more points per game (by a full touchdown).

Buffalo is 2nd in points and Detroit is 13th!  That's the guy we should throw the winningest coach in teams history overboard for?!

He's been next man up for over a year now, can't help it if you're just now hearing of him

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, section122 said:

Yep 

Are we just forgetting the BB convo and the rumblings about how he wanted out? Assuming it was over a rift in philosophy, it seems pretty presumptuous that he'd just tuck tail and come back to a situation that may not have been tenable for the long haul anyway. Also, like another poster said, half this board was champing at the bit to fire him. 6 plays went by w/o a run and it was like the world was on fire. But hey, the grass is always greener- am I right?!

Edited by gobills1212
  • Agree 1

Voted to keep Dorsey. Even after the 💩 show Allen pulled vs the Jets, we’re still 2nd in the league in points per game. Good job,Dorsey!  Who was 2nd in the league last season in points per game? Yep, Dorsey’s offense. Not Allen’s, Dorsey’s. 

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

He's been next man up for over a year now, can't help it if you're just now hearing of him

Oh ive heard of him but please enlighten me why you are so convinced he will be a great hc?

Remember jim bob cooter? He was once a hot oc for the lions that was gonna be the next big thing.

Perbaps it was the 14 points johnsons offense put up against kc that convinced you he is better than mcd?

Again please tell me what about his ability to lead a team says we should toss the best coach in team history overboard?

Dorsey outperformed him last year and is doing so again this year....

I don't think Daboll is getting fired after this season. The over achievement last year will buy him and Joe some patience. My concern for them is their draft selections so far do not look great. But if they suck this year they will get their shot at a QB next year. 

In the event Dabes were fired I'd bring him back in some role if he was up for that. 

6 hours ago, section122 said:

Oh ive heard of him but please enlighten me why you are so convinced he will be a great hc?

Remember jim bob cooter? He was once a hot oc for the lions that was gonna be the next big thing.

Perbaps it was the 14 points johnsons offense put up against kc that convinced you he is better than mcd?

Again please tell me what about his ability to lead a team says we should toss the best coach in team history overboard?

Dorsey outperformed him last year and is doing so again this year....

In fairness he didn't say he would be better than McDermott. 

I do think Johnson has a chance to be a good Head Coach. The reason is when I look at that Detroit offense apart from St Brown and the offensive line they are not super talented. He gets the best out of his talent. Knows what they are and what they are not. Their passing game is simple beyond belief. It is almost Greg Roman like. All his creativity is in the run game..... using what he has.

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Why are people rooting for our offensive coordinator to fail?

I thought Dorsey did a really good job weeks 1 and 2. Less so this past week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.