Week 2 Bills vs Raiders Home Opener!

BuffaloBillyG

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

what new way? That teams can run on us...we kinda know that already

Technically after 1 week we’ve yet to face a bell cow back like Jacobs with this iteration of the defense. I think we can assume what may happen. Overall I’m concerned that a “bad” team with a great back could be enough to add to our misery.

They have some nice skill pieces, but I’m not worried about Jimmy G or that defense. I have a feeling the Bills are going to take their pain from week 1 and transfer it to the Raiders. If Allen follows up with a bad game then fans should definitely worry, but I have a really hard time believe he forgot how to play the QB position. Bills rout the Raiders 33-14 and Allen will have 300+ yards of total offense. 

I think the days of this high powered offense and stomping people are over. I am happy just getting to the wild card and hoping they are healthy while playing their best football in January. There needs to be some serious youth injected into this team sooner than later. The whole offseason should be dedicated to RT, MLB and WR2 (from the draft).

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Just an abysmal game Monday...but Preseason week 4.....NFL Week 1 some call it was horrible for lots of teams.....

There is no way we dont fire on all cylinders against the Raiders though right? Im expecting the offense to get a good 600 yards of offense this Sunday.

No.  I expect it to be closer than anyone here wants it to be.  People like to make it seem like opponents fear playing in Orchard Park, but they do find it a fun atmosphere and are always up for a great challenge.  How do i know this?  I've listened to opposing player interviews over 40 years.  I can see the Raiders playing a good, solid game but I expect the Bills to come up with a 3-5 point win. 

42 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I love the white on blues.  Honestly though, I am not superstitious so I don't buy into uniform combos being bad luck.

I’m not superstitious either.  Simply the all blues look stupid and tired.  Like someone once said:

Look good, Feel good

Feel good, Play good

Play good, Pay good. 

I wonder what the Patriots board was like when Brady threw 4 ints against a potentially upstart buffalo bills team in week 3 in 2011 

The buffalo bills are still a very good team, they might have played a defensive unit that's best in the league and for the most part would have been fine by just taking it slow and not forcing things 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I wonder what the Patriots board was like when Brady threw 4 ints against a potentially upstart buffalo bills team in week 3 in 2011 

The buffalo bills are still a very good team, they might have played a defensive unit that's best in the league and for the most part would have been fine by just taking it slow and not forcing things 

I am sure some of their fans soiled themselves , just like some of our fans have this week. 

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

They have some nice skill pieces, but I’m not worried about Jimmy G or that defense. I have a feeling the Bills are going to take their pain from week 1 and transfer it to the Raiders. If Allen follows up with a bad game then fans should definitely worry, but I have a really hard time believe he forgot how to play the QB position. Bills rout the Raiders 33-14 and Allen will have 300+ yards of total offense. 

We were supposed to take our offseason pain from the Cincy game and put that on the Aaronless Jets.  How'd that work out.  At this point I don't know what team shows up.l

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We were supposed to take our offseason pain from the Cincy game and put that on the Aaronless Jets.  How'd that work out.  At this point I don't know what team shows up.l

Hopefully it is the same team with the fighting spirit to tie the game in regulation despite playing without their best stuff , and not the overtime choker team.  

On 9/13/2023 at 9:03 AM, Virgil said:

I really can't bring myself to care about this game.  I expect to win, but won't be shocked if we lose.  Even if we win, it still won't answer solve any of the concerns I have about Josh and Dorsey because the Raiders aren't a team that would create the challenges those two can't seem to overcome.

I'm in a crap mental state and I'll own it.  I need Josh to prove he can take the easy stuff, and there aren't many teams that will make him do that.  Until those games happen, I just feel blah

Virgil, I love your honesty, even if I do sometimes feel you're the TBD version of Eeyore.

I'm not too far away from you myself, actually.  If we win, Great!  but I'm not sure the Raiders D presents the tough challenge which will tell if any improvements in Josh's mental approach have been successful, so I won't feel comfortable until that's tested.  Like you, I'll still have concerns. 

If we Lose, Gross.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d like to see Sherfield start and play more. Let’s see with the offense looks like with more of him and less of Davis. Doesn’t have to be permanent. Just want to see if it’s any better. I like the way he plays. Bring Davis in more rotational like we did early on when he was at his best.

12 personal Diggs Sherfield Knox Kincaid- I like a lot!

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Oh, it melted into a puddle.  Chernobyl was nothing to it.  Source: Patriots fan. 

I agree with your 2nd statement.  The unanswered question is: Can Josh Allen change his mindset and discipline himself to actually do just that?

On 9/13/2023 at 11:19 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bills sort of did it in the past. They had two back to back west coast games and stayed on the west coast instead of traveling back.

Don't recall them leaving early for a west coast game though.

The track record of west coast teams traveling east and playing at 1pm is not in their favor.

Interesting because I thought Vegas was only two hours behind, whereas West Virginia is several decades behind....

Vegas is on pacific time all year round.  Phoenix is on Pacific time in the summer and Mountain time in the winter.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

First games are always weird. We should be more worried if they start doing this mid-season. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

57% of the game spent in 12 personnel.  Not a fan of that approach.   That number needs to be much lower.    

Kincaid can take primary slot duties and should be the #2 target in the offense immediately.

Sherfield can rotate in and be used in WR4 sets 

Kincaid was 4 of 4.  Maybe have his routes a few yards more down the field.

I want to see him catching passes on first down in the 7-10 yard range.

• Agree 3

LAMP alert: will be attending with my new bride after getting married Saturday. Strongly considering wearing our wedding attire from the night before to the game. Going to be all torn up after a banger backyard wedding. (If you know Jay's Artisan Pizza (which you should), then you'll probably appreciate that the founding Jay is catering our party (wife and him are friends from way back in their Wegman's days).)

If you see a mustachioed ginger guy in a brown tux beside a woman out of his league...then I don't know, try to talk some sense into her.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

We could use him.  The Raiders are going to pound the ball with Jacobs up the middle over and over again.  Even though the Broncos were stopping it they kept doing it.  Our big DT's need to win the line of scrimmage.

F5_vKWdWUAEdrR9?format=jpg&name=small

8 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Kincaid was 4 of 4.  Maybe have his routes a few yards more down the field.

I want to see him catching passes on first down in the 7-10 yard range.

I agree that 12 personal package wasn't very daunting. I believe Knox and Kincaid combined had combined 7 catches for 50 yards. 

That hardly significant or Gronk/Hernandez like. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.