Week 2 Bills vs Raiders Home Opener!

BuffaloBillyG

20 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

cough cough, Cinn last year!

Cough, cough, you don't understand statistics do you?  Out of 400 teams in the sample , 38 made the playoffs.  So you can list 38 examples. And someone else can list 372 examples of teams that did not make it.  This statistic does not say it is impossible.  Its says teams have a low probability of making the playoffs after an 0-2 start. 

18 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

t happens often enough

9.5 % of the time.  90.5% of the time 0-2 teams miss the playoffs.  Not sure that is often enough for comfort. 

12 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

You guys say you don't care, and yet here you are telling everyone how much you don't care. 

Its my party and I will cry if I want to. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Haha (+1) 3

what's the point of running 57% of your plays in 12 personnel if you're only going to throw to Kincaid 4 times.   

IMO, you're limiting yourself.  Especially when running plays are delayed handoffs from shotgun right into Q. Williams.

Completely illogical. 

He was open for easy completions all game.  Should have had 10-12 targets 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Is Dorsey going to wait 8 more games to get Sherfield and Shakir in the gameplan? If so, Elam and Shakir need to be traded for bodies that will actually contribute.

57% of the game spent in 12 personnel.  Not a fan of that approach.   That number needs to be much lower.    

Kincaid can take primary slot duties and should be the #2 target in the offense immediately.

Sherfield can rotate in and be used in WR4 sets 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Is Dorsey going to wait 8 more games to get Sherfield and Shakir in the gameplan? If so, Elam and Shakir need to be traded for bodies that will actually contribute.

The Jets are the best versus 11 personnel.  They are not effective versus 12 personnel.  So the Bills played 12 personnel on 68% of the snaps.  It was actually a good game plan.  Josh just grew impatient.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I swear there is no fan base and media in the entire NFL that gets so delusional so fast as the Raiders. 

Odd. This guy was just on wgr yesterday and didn't give the raiders any real glowing compliments. His main take was that the raiders play tough and will punch Buffalo in the mouth. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The Jets are the best versus 11 personnel.  They are not effective versus 12 personnel.  So the Bills played 12 personnel on 68% of the snaps.  It was actually a good game plan.  Josh just grew impatient.

Also we can’t take advantage of light boxes and run the ball even with 2 TEs. So we lose all advantage of 12 personnel and we take another receiver off the field. 

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Davante Adams missed practice dealing with a foot injury and Jakobi Myers who had a great week 1 is in concussion protocol , as well as a depth WR missed practice. Brutal for LV. OurvD should dominate 

As far as our WRs, Sherfield and Shakir combined for 0 targets. Gotta get em involved.  

We’re talking bout practice. 

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

what's the point of running 57% of your plays in 12 personnel if you're only going to throw to Kincaid 4 times.   

IMO, you're limiting yourself.  Especially when running plays are delayed handoffs from shotgun right into Q. Williams.

Completely illogical. 

It’s illogical on whose part though?

I actually really like the STALLION 12, as it does more for you that simply sub in a a TE for a WR. 

I do thoroughly agree that the slow developing inside zone game is brutal to watch, especially with the style of OL and speedy back we have. I want more gap/power game with decisive rushes. 

I think having Kincaid on the field is a good thing, even if he isn’t catching the ball every play. 

it’s the same argument to those who wonder why Gilliam gets burn. He doesn’t catch the ball!!! Yes, but watch and see what his contributions actually are not only to the profitability that is measurable in yardage but to what the personnel and formations can do to the defense 

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Odd. This guy was just on wgr yesterday and didn't give the raiders any real glowing compliments. His main take was that the raiders play tough and will punch Buffalo in the mouth. 

Are you kidding? He talked up the raiders like crazy. He said that they have the deepest receiving corps in the league because they have an all pro that didn't even have any targets (Hunter Renfrow, 2021 all pro, was bad last year and is seen as way overpaid now)

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Completely illogical. 

17 needs to throw the ball to them. He doesn't. He won't. This is why Kincaid was a silly pick. They already had a TE they underuse. Now they have 2.

14 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

Soooo… a must win? 

It's not a must win for standings purposes. But a loss to this Raiders team, with the offense playing like it did against the Jets, means there's deep structural problems with the offense, which suggest we need to re-calibrate our expectations in a division with 3 excellent defenses. 

However, I don't at all expect that, and the not Josh Allens played reasonably well to really well against a really good D in NY

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

There is also an extra game now.

Compared to 1970 , three extra games. And now 14 teams make the playoffs.  So it is definitely easier than it used to be to over come an 0-2 start.  But 0-2 still meaningfully lowers the opportunity compared to 0-0 at the seasons start. 

20 minutes ago, appoo said:

Don't do stupid ***** and we'll be fine

But wouldn't smart football been conservative football and taking the 2 yards instead of the Ints against the Jets?  He is said smart not conservative. Isn't aggressive the opposite of conservative and Josh was aggressive.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

But wouldn't smart football been conservative football and taking the 2 yards instead of the Ints against the Jets?  He is said smart not conservative. Isn't aggressive the opposite of conservative and Josh was aggressive.

It's coach speak. Smart football is conservative football when the situation calls for it. No coach wants to go on record saying they want their offense to play conservatively, that's almost an insult to your players.

• Like (+1) 1

Just an abysmal game Monday...but Preseason week 4.....NFL Week 1 some call it was horrible for lots of teams.....

There is no way we dont fire on all cylinders against the Raiders though right? Im expecting the offense to get a good 600 yards of offense this Sunday.

600 yards on offense?

The optimist in me in Josh is going to learn from that abortion and he starts doing things like throwing to Kincaid, taking underneath short stuff and quit heroball unless necessary at the end.

The pessimist in me is they internalize Monday night disaster and come out flat.

From last year loss to Cinci to Monday night have been some of the worst Bills game to watch since Allen has arrived,

40 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

At this point just get a win. 

I don't care if its 10-7. 

A win like that, against the Raiders, would most certainly not have me feeling good. Can’t beat a Zach Wilson led Jets team and then barely beat a completely average Raiders team. Would have be hesitant to call the Bills a playoff team, nevertheless a playoff contender. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.