Week 2 Bills vs Raiders Home Opener!

BuffaloBillyG

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

There is also an extra game now.

Compared to 1970 , three extra games. And now 14 teams make the playoffs.  So it is definitely easier than it used to be to over come an 0-2 start.  But 0-2 still meaningfully lowers the opportunity compared to 0-0 at the seasons start. 

20 minutes ago, appoo said:

Don't do stupid ***** and we'll be fine

But wouldn't smart football been conservative football and taking the 2 yards instead of the Ints against the Jets?  He is said smart not conservative. Isn't aggressive the opposite of conservative and Josh was aggressive.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

But wouldn't smart football been conservative football and taking the 2 yards instead of the Ints against the Jets?  He is said smart not conservative. Isn't aggressive the opposite of conservative and Josh was aggressive.

It's coach speak. Smart football is conservative football when the situation calls for it. No coach wants to go on record saying they want their offense to play conservatively, that's almost an insult to your players.

• Like (+1) 1

Just an abysmal game Monday...but Preseason week 4.....NFL Week 1 some call it was horrible for lots of teams.....

There is no way we dont fire on all cylinders against the Raiders though right? Im expecting the offense to get a good 600 yards of offense this Sunday.

600 yards on offense?

The optimist in me in Josh is going to learn from that abortion and he starts doing things like throwing to Kincaid, taking underneath short stuff and quit heroball unless necessary at the end.

The pessimist in me is they internalize Monday night disaster and come out flat.

From last year loss to Cinci to Monday night have been some of the worst Bills game to watch since Allen has arrived,

40 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

At this point just get a win. 

I don't care if its 10-7. 

A win like that, against the Raiders, would most certainly not have me feeling good. Can’t beat a Zach Wilson led Jets team and then barely beat a completely average Raiders team. Would have be hesitant to call the Bills a playoff team, nevertheless a playoff contender. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.