2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Diggs was clearly held on the  last pass, no call. Bills player tripped by clear leg whip on the TD return. No call! The last element of a horrific Bills loss (bad officiating) fell into place with the last 2 calls missed. How appropriate.

I love that they flaunt the game is rigged by making the game is rigged ads

I know this thread is going to be dominated by the usual gloom and doom people, but I'll be the first to say they will take care of the Raiders next week, quite handily.

Bills aren't going to see a defense like that until the Jets again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Here is where I’m angry. We had morons on here down playing Tua yesterday and saying he’s not in Josh’s league. Well you guys were right. He’s not. He sucked. He cost us the game. Enough is enough.  Josh never gets the shade he deserves. He is not elite. 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

It feels like we didn’t even have an off-season.  Same mistakes as last year.  Predictable offense.  Outmatched on the line.  Defense good enough to win, offense that doesn’t play to it’s strengths.  

Josh hasn’t learned anything from his prior games.  Didn’t take the underneath stuff.  Forced the ball.  Lost focus on the fumble.  I have no reason to believe that he will learn from this.  

Didn’t use Kincaid and Knox the way they should have.  Dorsey predictable throughout the game.  If it wasn’t Josh killing us, it was Dorsey.  

Where’s the coach on the sideline ripping Josh a new one?  Everyone is Josh’s friend and recommended by Josh.  No accountability.  

I have no reason to be optimistic for this season.  We are the same team we’ve always been and we will be a quick playoff exit again.  

This is pathetic.  I wish we could fire someone for this game. 

Here’s the thing, he DID take the underneath stuff. Then he got bored or greedy and tried to force it and got picked for it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh is going to get absolutely decimated in the press after this game .

I love the guy but man he is the reason they lost the game because once again he has to be the whole offense. 

He should be lambasted by the media. He was not ready to play tonight. Something is clearly off with him and it’s been that way since midway of last year. Absolutely pathetic performance. 

It feels like we didn’t even have an off-season.  Same mistakes as last year.  Predictable offense.  Outmatched on the line.  Defense good enough to win, offense that doesn’t play to it’s strengths.  

Josh hasn’t learned anything from his prior games.  Didn’t take the underneath stuff.  Forced the ball.  Lost focus on the fumble.  I have no reason to believe that he will learn from this.  

Didn’t use Kincaid and Knox the way they should have.  Dorsey predictable throughout the game.  If it wasn’t Josh killing us, it was Dorsey.  

Where’s the coach on the sideline ripping Josh a new one?  Everyone is Josh’s friend and recommended by Josh.  No accountability.  

I have no reason to be optimistic for this season.  We are the same team we’ve always been and we will be a quick playoff exit again.  

If we even get there

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, but at some point you’d think an adult in the room would make him grow up. I’m not convinced this coaching staff connects with him in the best way. 

The first two were just punts. The third was a desperate pass on a called low percentage out route. The fumble was just a result of what happens when you give your QB impossible tasks for 3 hours straight.

Dont forget all the absolutely unnecessary hits he took this game running the ball.

• Agree 3

Dorsey is a JOKE. RUN the ball on 2nd and 15 in OT against the freaking Jets run defense? WTF?!?!? 

Dorsey to McD: "Hey! We barely have 90 yards rushing... maybe we'll trick them on a this 2nd and 15 in overtime? Might fool them!" 

WTF OVER?!?!?! 

OC is a joke, OL still SUCKS and Allen looked like "Allen: Year One" THREE passes into double team?!?!?!  I'm so pissed off. 

• Agree 2

I’m kind of not surprised at how bad this was. And I actually think we recover nicely this coming weekend. 

But still, I’m concerned about Josh and Dorsey. Allen is supposed to have more weapons than ever, and that was one of the most scatterbrained performances we’ve seen from him. 

We really missed Von tonight. With him, the defense would have been elite. They were good, but not good enough to overcome the offensive issues. 

The run play on 2nd and 15 is a genuinely fireable offense for Dorsey in my opinion. 

Josh should lay off the commercials until further notice. 

Edited by Dick_Cheney

typical Bills blown game.  

1.  Bad coaching.  

2.  JA awful (can he throw to anyone but Diggs on mid range routes?)

3.  Awful officiating in 4th and missed call in OT—but McD will say nothing and change nothing about the game plans. 

Edited by RyanC883

2 minutes ago, Koufax said:

Josh will win us some games, and today it was a turd by him. No sugar coating.

Also a turd by Dorsey.

That is a very good defense, but it would have taken so little to beat them and be 1-0 right now. Little things, like two missed tackles by White, and a crazy bounce on the TD, a horrible punt at the worst time.

But this one is all about Dorsey and Josh having one of the worst games you could have, and the only good news is first game is so much better than last game for it to happen.

Sorry, but Dorsey is not to blame for this game. The Bills should have won by two scores but Allen has his head so far up his own ass. Allen is completely to blame for this loss. It’s on him 100% and it has got to the point, going back the last few games of last season as well, that Allen is starting to become a big problem.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Pretty much this.  This is why I wish Pegula had a culture of accountability but we basically have the opposite.  McBeane got their contracts extended.  Josh is a child with no one challenging him to grow up.  There are zero grownups in the house.

• Like (+1) 3

The answer was there the entire game:

Throw short/mid range passes to your two stud tight ends and nothing else. Ok fine, keep Diggs happy with pass or two, but why were we so determined to have James cook be the MVP of week one?

and Josh better not say he’s going to “learn from this.” It’s been 5 years. You’re either a slow learner  or too stubborn to change. 

I give Diggs one more game like this until the tweets and instagram posts start getting nice and cryptic (I know, I know, he can’t be traded due to the cap; I’m rage posting at the moment). 

• Like (+1) 1

You can start with Beane,  the team has no new young talent and he has wasted picks.  The first rounder for last season did not even dress and so many wasted second rounders.  After the loss to the Bengals they should have more offer season changes,  do we even have any receivers outside of Diggs?

Just now, Playoffs? said:

That series in overtime couldn’t have been worse.

false start

poor throw / poor drop by knox

draw play - WTF!!!!!!

poor throw by Allen

Bills deserved to lose. Diggs is the only player I trust on this team right now. 

In case you weren’t watching, Diggs let the DB get position on him on the deep ball where better tracking could have at least let him defend.

Diggs also got called for a penalty.

Obviously the loss is on Allen, but let’s not please canonize Diggs.

My take is mcd, Dorsey and Allen. 
Josh clearly wasn’t wearing his cape. You signed Harris and Murray for a reason. Pound it. Call the game and take the ball out of his hands a little. This is not that hard. Plenty of teams with less talent can run the ball effecting by simply continuing to do it repeatedly. Just a silly loss in a game that should have been over at halftime 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.