Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

33 minutes ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

I saw this exchange 2 days ago and thought about posting this myself.. Here's my opinion on it: These analysts get into the "slower" parts of the NFL offseason, and are scraping for news. Something like that trade draws a ton of attention this time of year, with little on the NFL news front before the draft. Analysts capitalize and "sensationalize" this sort of story for views. Editorial monologues and aggressive debate over these little transaction surprises take up all of the air in the media and competition for clicks, ratings, whatever ensue... pure sports media offseason theatre.

I watch these guys most mornings. @JimmyNoodles got it right.

Simms rarely disagrees but is not chastised when he does. He's even tempered and takes alot of abuse with good humor. And he's pretty good at rating players.

Florio (originally a litigation lawyer) uses his courtroom tactics (loud, forcefull, loquacious) to make his point (even when he's just talking to himself like last Friday when Charean didn't show up). He concentrates on the business side of things.

But they are real, not rehearsed. Start with a list of topics and get as far as time allows.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

The reality is nobody but Allen and Diggs know's the reason why this trade went down and we probably never will which is fine with me but the fact that we know Allen knew in some way that Diggs would possibly be dealt and didn't nix the trade whatsoever speaks volumes imo.

Neither Allen nor Diggs made the trade so I don't think they're the only ones who know why the trade went down.  The trade was made by the respective GMs.  They're the only ones who totally know why they made the trade.  

But, yeah, you're right in that we'll probably never know the whole story.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

I watch these guys most mornings. @JimmyNoodles got it right.

Simms rarely disagrees but is not chastised when he does. He's even tempered and takes alot of abuse with good humor. And he's pretty good at rating players.

Florio (originally a litigation lawyer) uses his courtroom tactics (loud, forcefull, loquacious) to make his point (even when he's just talking to himself like last Friday when Charean didn't show up). He concentrates on the business side of things.

But they are real, not rehearsed. Start with a list of topics and get as far as time allows.

I listen to them quite a bit, and the Simms podcast occasionally.. I agree with you on Simms and didn't know Florio's history, but it makes perfect sense.

I still stand by the fact that these guys and most of the sports media are way "over-opinionated" on such transactions simply to keep viewership during slow off-seasons.. and occasionally attempt to manufacture controversy like much of the media. But I do like the two of them and their analysis usually.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Bills went from the golden child to the step child to these analysts. 47 wins in 4 years and 3 straight AFCE titles. I can understand the skepticism about winning in the post-season, but you’re crazy if u don’t think they get there at all. Monday can’t come soon enough. 

Wasn’t the Toney Offside call the difference in making the playoffs last year? The margin for error was already pretty thin, and now they’ve lost a ton of quality players. It shouldn’t be a shock if a few people are doubting the Bills. 

17 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Wasn’t the Toney Offside call the difference in making the playoffs last year? The margin for error was already pretty thin, and now they’ve lost a ton of quality players. It shouldn’t be a shock if a few people are doubting the Bills. 

It wasn’t the difference. Even if the penalty wasn’t called, there was still plenty of time on the clock.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a video headline I expected to see... but hey, he's always loved Josh Allen 😅

The rumor is more focused on Dallas, but for some reason the Bills came up as the next best option for him.

1) Revenge on Kraft

2) Having Josh Allen

3) Knowing how to beat Mahomes

Nick Wright wants him to go to the Jets though. If McDermott gets fired, would you guys be open to this?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Not a video headline I expected to see... but hey, he's always loved Josh Allen 😅

The rumor is more focused on Dallas, but for some reason the Bills came up as the next best option for him.

1) Revenge on Kraft

2) Having Josh Allen

Nick Wright wants him to go to the Jets though. If McDermott gets fired, would you guys be open to this?

McD is not getting fired. Not this year, next year or any years in the near future.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

McDermott isn't getting fired so there is no chance this happens. If McDermott did get fired, then I absolutely would want Bill as the Bills HC. Look at his record when he has had an elite level franchise QB. Plus, he is a much better DC than Sean.  No way can he be the GM. That job is Beane's.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

McDermott isn't getting fired so there is no chance this happens. If McDermott did get fired, then I absolutely would want Bill as the Bills HC. Look at his record when he has had an elite level franchise QB. Plus, he is a much better DC than Sean.  No way can he be the GM. That job is Beane's.

He'd have to agree to 100% step away from all GM decisions.  If Sean were to get fired, Bill would have to hire a very compelling OC if Brady doesn't pan out or gets hired as a HC. But for now there's like a 2% chance of any of this happening. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

How on earth can those guys not be talking about basically anything else, esp with the draft next week? It's pure fantasy land. 

McCarthy isn't all that safe in Dallas. He will start out as the Cowboys HC in 2024 but that doesn't mean he will last the entire season. As far as Bill to the Cowboys I could see that happening down the road. Jerry wants another championship and soon. As for the Bills it is pure fantasy land as McDermott isn't getting fired anytime soon.

• Agree 2

If it helps retain Josh Allen,  I'm all for it.

Next offseason JA17's cap hits start getting so large and his remaining term so short that he can pretty much call his shot on where he wants to play if the Bills can't get him to sign an extension.

His home state of California.........with offensive geniuses McVay and Shanahan.........and the promise of not having to face Mahomes in the playoffs until a Super Bowl........that would have to be very enticing.

Bills need to be ALL ABOUT supporting Josh Allen.   The hope of Belichick making a difference might be enough to tip the scales if they are otherwise all-in on giving Allen weapons.

• Disagree 2

I think Belichick will be a disaster at his next stop.  For one thing, I am not sure he will let go of GM responsibility.  However, the bigger issue is that I think he needed Tom Brady.  Not for Tom's talent (thought that helped), but because he had a QB who was okay being screamed at, belittled, and told "no days off."  Because Tom bought in (until it got old and he didn't), others bought in.  When Belichick disciples have tried to institute the "Patriot way" other places, it's been a disaster.  I see the same thing happening when Bill goes elsewhere.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

1) Revenge on Kraft

2) Having Josh Allen

As a Defensive coordinator 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

McD is not getting fired. Not this year, next year or any years in the near future.

That's Josh Allen's decision to make..........and he and McD aren't golfing buddies.   

Allen removed the chip from his shoulder and made a 180 degree turn on offseason work after he "arrived" in the 13 seconds game.

He traded Britt in for a girl who definitely AIN'T moving to Buffalo.  

So he's changed his mind on matters of professional and personal import before. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

40 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If McDermott is gone Beane is gone too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

i hate the man, but if he brings a championship to buffalo with JA17, then so be it.

i think JA17 would love to play for Bill bc of how much he loves brady.

on second though, id probably feel nauseous and vomiting everywhere like this if we hired him

team america vomit GIF

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

1) Revenge on Kraft

2) Having Josh Allen

Two words 

***** no

25 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Is Belichick too egotistical to do anything besides head Coach? 

Don't want him, but pretty sure this knocked him down a peg. Having the level of success he had would go to most peoples heads. Life has a tendency to snap most out of it unless it's that deep in his bones which I doubt. He shoveled a decent amount of crap to get where he is. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If it helps retain Josh Allen,  I'm all for it.

Next offseason JA17's cap hits start getting so large and his remaining term so short that he can pretty much call his shot on where he wants to play if the Bills can't get him to sign an extension.

His home state of California.........with offensive geniuses McVay and Shanahan.........and the promise of not having to face Mahomes in the playoffs until a Super Bowl........that would have to be very enticing.

Bills need to be ALL ABOUT supporting Josh Allen.   The hope of Belichick making a difference might be enough to tip the scales if they are otherwise all-in on giving Allen weapons.

Josh Allen would be the biggest fraud ever 

Literally since day one before he ever stepped onto an NFL field he said he wanted to play with one franchise forever ... Hid biggest thing is loyalty 

And talks about how much he loves Buffalo... The children's hospital is named in honor of his grandmother 

It's one thing if he leaves when he's 37... Leaving in his prime... He would have a smear campaign against him 

And they would probably drag up every single little incident that ever happened... And Josh certainly doesn't want to go through the ringer.. and they would drag him through it because they are so petty 

You're talking about the face of an entire city... Before Tom Brady the Patriots were not a proud franchise 

The Buffalo Bills on the other hand... And our fan base...

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Mods, could we maybe merge this thread with the "What kind of obscene draft picks could we get by trading Josh Allen to Chicago" thread?  Sort of in the same ludicrous vein.

• Like (+1) 1

If Belichick was willing to be the Bills assistant HC and/or defensive coordinator, I would be all for it.  Dick LeBeau helped the Stillers win two Super Bowls (XL and XLIII) as a sort of HC emeritus with the title assistant HC/defensive coordinator.

I think it's very unlikely that Belichick would consider such a position if the Bills offered it.  I think he wants to be a HC in order to get the wins he needs to become the winningest HC.