Travis Kelce Hyperextends Knee

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I saw a tweet that said it went from -6.5 to -5.5 with the Kelce news. So basically Vegas thinks he is worth a point.

I still think the Chiefs will move the ball just fine. Against some teams Kelce being out could be the difference between winning and losing, but the Lions project to have an awful defense.

I'm more intrigued by how long the injury lingers. Kelce will be 34 in one month. It's only a matter of time before his body starts breaking down. If this becomes a nagging injury that lingers throughout the season that could make a real difference in their win/loss column.

He'll be the Tom Brady of TE's.  Another 6 years at an elite level 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Posted a few hours ago in another thread:

Now, if KC could have a little bad injury luck….. errr, a lot of bad luck, that’d be good😈

💪🔥😎

Mmhmmm.  Winning the Super Bowl requires some luck. 

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Chiefs offensive weaponary Thursday if Kelce doesn't play will be as bad as anything the Bills have fielded since 2018. He is literally the difference between them and "Robert Foster looks okay"

Toney is recovered from his injury and will play on Thursday. Not that's he a particularly great WR but his presence alone elevates them above what we fielded in 2018. With Pacheco and that OL they will probably try to run the ball against a porous Lions defense if they're without Kelce.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Toney is recovered from his injury and will play on Thursday. Nott that's he a particularly great WR but his presence alone elevates them above what we fielded in 2018. With Pacheco and that OL they will probably try to run the ball against a porous Lions defense if they're without Kelce.

I just see Harvin 2.0 with Toney.  He'll be missing games every year.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

The first 3 games are going to remind the world how good Mahomes is. 

Pretty much, just like with Brady all those years in Foxboro this guy is going to always find a way to put up 4000+ yards and 40 TD's no matter who he's throwing the ball to because opposing teams will find a way too piss all over themselves even when they should be the better team and win.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Toney is recovered from his injury and will play on Thursday. Nott that's he a particularly great WR but his presence alone elevates them above what we fielded in 2018. With Pacheco and that OL they will probably try to run the ball against a porous Lions defense if they're without Kelce.

What's the under/over on plays until he pops that hammy again? 25?

Not wishing bad luck on him or anything but the guy just doesn't stay on the field long. 

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Toney is recovered from his injury and will play on Thursday. Not that's he a particularly great WR but his presence alone elevates them above what we fielded in 2018. With Pacheco and that OL they will probably try to run the ball against a porous Lions defense if they're without Kelce.

I agree on OL and run game. I disagree on Toney. He is very very meh.

50 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm a Detroit Lions fan tomorrow, and I don't care who knows it!

Everyone is a Detroit Lions fan tomorrow except for people who live in KC, and bandwagoners (you know…people who were fans of the Cowboys in the 90s and suddenly became Pats fans in the early 2000s).

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The only treatment is amputation 

And spleen removal…

50 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

That will happen when you stick your foot in your mouth talking about your teammates contract situation.

Did anyone actually watch the podcast where Kelce talked about it?  He was joking.  People are acting like he was bad mouthing Jones and he wasn't, at all.  He was laughing, and then said he should get what he can get because he deserves it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

the last time kelce missed a chiefs game, they beat a desperate steelers team 36-10 and mahomes went 23-of-30 for 260 yards and three TDs completing passes to such names as Byron Pringle, Derrick Gore, Mecole Hardman, Darrel Williams, Demarcus Robinson and Blake Bell. The show goes on. 

• Angry 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Hmm. I have Kelce on 2 of my fantasy teams. Both teams I have Dalton Kincaid as the backup, figuring he could step in later in the season if needed. Looks like the Rook may get the start week 1. 

Me too! I actually think dalton could have a solid game against the jets if kelce can’t go. My leagues are PPR, so might help dalton a bit. 

7 minutes ago, beebe said:

the last time kelce missed a chiefs game, they beat a desperate steelers team 36-10 and mahomes went 23-of-30 for 260 yards and three TDs completing passes to such names as Byron Pringle, Derrick Gore, Mecole Hardman, Darrel Williams, Demarcus Robinson and Blake Bell. The show goes on. 

They held the Steelers to 10 points.

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Posted a few hours ago in another thread:

Now, if KC could have a little bad injury luck….. errr, a lot of bad luck, that’d be good😈

💪🔥😎

hItwqyN.gif 

(don't actually care, just really wanted to post this GIF)

Edited by Nineforty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, beebe said:

Didn't Tyreek Hill play in that game? Why would you fail to mention that? Also no way you'll hold the Lions to 10 points, certainly not with Chris Jones out of the lineup. While we're bringing up unrelated final scores from several years ago, the last time your team faced Jared Goff he put up 54 points on you.

37 minutes ago, 0017 said:

I took him in the 1st round last night in my fantasy league, I caused this! Do I feel bad? I don’t know, I’m still processing it 😂

Yeah, I draft him every year if I can. There is a wide gulf between him and any other TE, production wise.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Didn't Tyreek Hill play in that game? Why would you fail to mention that? Also no way you'll hold the Lions to 10 points, certainly not with Chris Jones out of the lineup. While we're bringing up unrelated final scores from several years ago, the last time your team faced Jared Goff he put up 54 points on you.

He played a season-low snaps that day recovering from covid. when the chiefs had kelce but no tyreek, they also did fine. when the chiefs had a brand new cast of receivers last year, they did fine. when the chiefs were throwing to marcus kemp and dudes you've never heard of before in the afc championship game, they were fine. this year, without kelce and a new class of receivers, they'll be fine. that's the point. they'll be fine. so wouldn't spend additonal time being cheery (as some are) over a chiefs injury. odds are good that he'll be healthy come playoff time, ready to run circles around more bills defenders. 🥴

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, beebe said:

The Steelers have sucked recently.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.