Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

Went over to NFL.com to check in on the KC/DET game, and one of the home page headlines read:

"Week 1 Picks: Jets a lock vs. Bills?!"

All 5 NFL "experts" on that site picked the Jets to win.

"Dan: Perhaps I'm a prisoner of the moment, trusting the Jets hype train to stay on the tracks when in reality I'm asleep at the wheel. But I do know the Bills couldn't score more than 20 points in either of their meetings with the Jets last season. I don't know if New York's defense will be as good as it was last season, but the offense is better -- and I can't say the same thing about Buffalo with nearly as much confidence."

I'm not saying the Jets can't win the game, but it is amazing to me how so much of the media has completely written Buffalo off as a declining team. I can understand not being the darling pick to go to the Super Bowl (like last year), but there are many that don't even have us making the playoffs. I mean, I love that the Bills have been able to have an off-the-radar off-season (I think that was really good for them), but how can the media actually think they have fallen so far off the cliff?

Can't wait for the lads to prove everyone wrong!

Edited by folz
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The Bills really need to take advantage and win this game with KC a game down now.

A bit premature for this imo. It's game 1 and they play in a far weaker division. A loss to the NFC Lions without 2 of their 3 best players on opening night doesn't seem that consequential 

32 minutes ago, buffblue said:

A bit premature for this imo. It's game 1 and they play in a far weaker division. A loss to the NFC Lions without 2 of their 3 best players on opening night doesn't seem that consequential 

If they were going to lose a game, this was the one they wouldn't have seen it as a sporting disaster. 

In my opinion, this can be a statement game for the Bills.  With all the Jets hype, beating them in their stadium on MNF could be big.  It would show that the Bills still own the division and, depending on the score, maybe put some doubt in the minds of the Jets.

A Bills loss wouldn’t be as big of a deal for them, being 3-time division champions but would be a jolt for the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

The only thing I know for sure about this game and the entire season is that win or lose, this board is going to be an absolute SHT SHOW this year and I am HERE for it!

The BBFS, PTSD, ABCD, Chaka-khan, Chaka-Kahn is in FULL EFFECT!

I’m handing out free scripts for Valium and Prozac for everyone on this board because we are going to need it and it feels good anyway.

How can you not love this place? We’ve got it all. Guys with reasonable analysis, guys who don’t know jack, guys who can describe the texture of Mike McDaniels taint. We’ve got it all!

As Bart Scott says - CAN’T WAIT!

Imagine this place if we tie

11 hours ago, folz said:

Went over to NFL.com to check in on the KC/DET game, and one of the home page headlines read:

"Week 1 Picks: Jets a lock vs. Bills?!"

All 5 NFL "experts" on that site picked the Jets to win.

"Dan: Perhaps I'm a prisoner of the moment, trusting the Jets hype train to stay on the tracks when in reality I'm asleep at the wheel. But I do know the Bills couldn't score more than 20 points in either of their meetings with the Jets last season. I don't know if New York's defense will be as good as it was last season, but the offense is better -- and I can't say the same thing about Buffalo with nearly as much confidence."

I'm not saying the Jets can't win the game, but it is amazing to me how so much of the media has completely written Buffalo off as a declining team. I can understand not being the darling pick to go to the Super Bowl (like last year), but there are many that don't even have us making the playoffs. I mean, I love that the Bills have been able to have an off-the-radar off-season (I think that was really good for them), but how can the media actually think they have fallen so far off the cliff?

Can't wait for the lads to prove everyone wrong!

I think many feel that Buffalo has lost some ground because the Jets were lacking one thing and they now have it. Buffalo, in my opinion, is not as good on defense and the Jets weakness is probably the O line. Buffalo again in my opinion until proved otherwise is not that strong on the O line either. My hope is they're better than last year. Being objective and looking how they played last year I understand why many feel the Jets are the team to beat in our division.

• Like (+1) 1

So far per weather underground:

The blue font is rain chance percentage, the second one is cloud cover.

image.thumb.png.1c492f223ded4af1e8e3c6f69818c173.png

image.png

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

The weather report scares me a bit. Wind and rain usually hurt the team with the better passing offense. 

Agreed but at the same time, this is where tight ends could be really be used.  We should have the advantage there.

3 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

In my opinion, this can be a statement game for the Bills.  With all the Jets hype, beating them in their stadium on MNF could be big.  It would show that the Bills still own the division and, depending on the score, maybe put some doubt in the minds of the Jets.

A Bills loss wouldn’t be as big of a deal for them, being 3-time division champions but would be a jolt for the Jets.

Back when the Patriots were dominating the division any time a team made big moves in the off season to try and get to their level or got hot in the regular season to create some noise, they squashed it (I'm still scarred by the Sunday night beat down they gave the bills like 56-10)

A statement win for the bills will send the jets scrambling 

10 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

The weather report scares me a bit. Wind and rain usually hurt the team with the better passing offense. 

Possible it hurts both teams, wind more than rain probably. 

Jets may be more of a passing team now too, or maybe more than they were last season anyway.

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So far per weather underground:

The blue font is rain chance percentage, the second one is cloud cover.

image.thumb.png.1c492f223ded4af1e8e3c6f69818c173.png

image.png

Agreed but at the same time, this is where tight ends could be really be used.  We should have the advantage there.

Why ain't you going?  If you can get to Greensboro Friday or Saturday I will get you there and back to Greensboro by Monday 4am

The Jets are weaker against the run, and I'd imagine their focus is largely on Allen in pregame planning.  I hope Dorsey uses this opportunity to establish a REAL run game for the Bills, and put some emphasis on that part of the game.  

They key w/ the Jets is going to be avoiding 3rd & longs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I agree that this can be a statement game for the Bills. We NEED to win. You say a loss isn't as much of a big deal? I disagree. If we lose, we continue the Bills are soft and declining story that is out there with some media pundits. If we lose to the jets we still have one of the most daunting schedules ahead of us. This is a game we "should" win on our sked. If not, we are in for a tough season IMO.

Let's see what we have with our new receivers and Defense. Gonna be a BIG game boys!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes,  let’s rely on our running game as opposed to the elite playmaker on offense in Allen… no thanks. I’ll take my chances with Allen airing it out and making plays happen with his legs over “establishing a REAL run game”. 

Bills need to have a running game with the RBs this year. We've been one dimensional, and when the other team shuts down the passing game we have nothing to fall back on.

The Jets loss last year is a good example of that. Allen had 200 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs (he had 86 yards rushing and 2 rush TDs). The leading RB rusher was Singletary with 24 yards and 3 ypc. The passing game wasn't working at all, and we had nothing else to fall back on except Allen scrambles and designed runs.  

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes,  let’s rely on our running game as opposed to the elite playmaker on offense in Allen… no thanks. I’ll take my chances with Allen airing it out and making plays happen with his legs over “establishing a REAL run game”. 

There are good chances of thunderstorms during the game which will make it difficult to pass in.  We would need to have a strong run game then.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I agree that this can be a statement game for the Bills. We NEED to win. You say a loss isn't as much of a big deal? I disagree. If we lose, we continue the Bills are soft and declining story that is out there with some media pundits. If we lose to the jets we still have one of the most daunting schedules ahead of us. This is a game we "should" win on our sked. If not, we are in for a tough season IMO.

Let's see what we have with our new receivers and Defense. Gonna be a BIG game boys!

Yeah losing would be terrible, I can't even imagine how awful this place would be if we lost, like even if we win the following week it'd probably still be completely uninhabitable.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

I had espn get up on and  the host believe Rodgers is going to through for 400 on Monday ….

That’s what you get for watching ESPN.  😋

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That is concerning.  Let us know if anyone else says anything outlandish.

I think we are OK as long as it’s not VERY concerning. 

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nothing Allen shouldn’t be able to handle… just two years ago in a wind storm against the Patriots he made it look pretty easy(when they finally let him sling it) 

There are two parts of the passing game.  Throwing and catching.  Gabe Davis will be on the field, remember! 🤣 

We’re much better when the weather is perfect. This, I believe. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.