Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

Was just going to start a week 1 thread. Also regarding the line - Buf is the 2nd most bet team at around 75% of the $ on them only behind the Jags.

But i think the biggest key on D will be to double Wilson all day and I'd leave Tre on Lazzard. Also have to dominate the l.o.s.. Will be the 1st game Jets ol have played together

Don't know what to expect on O but envision alot of motion and formations we haven't seen in the Allen era 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Jets really do matchup well with the Bills. Check out these stats.

F5ImuEeWoAAimac?format=jpg&name=small

I think the Jets D will give the Bills O problems. If the game is won in the trenches then the Jets have the advantage. 

The Bills will win if Allen wears his cape. 

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, RiotAct said:

the Jets were the only team to beat us last year in the regular season where it didn’t take multiple cases of near-heatstroke by our players or a one-in-a-hundred-thousand set of freak occurrences to do so.

This game is going to be a slog.

Agree. I'm interested to see if the Jets try to bully the softer Bills in the trenches. Smash mouth football sort of speak. 

Additionally, that Jet secondary might be one of the best in the league. Diggs might be taken out of the game and what WR for Buffalo is reliable? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think the Jets D will give the Bills O problems. If the game is won in the trenches then the Jets have the advantage. 

I expect a hard-fought close game just like both games last year. Anyway, I will be there wearing my #34 blue Thomas jersey. Section 101. Let's Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 4

I really like the Bills in this one but…
One factor that really has me watching this is the officials. Based on all the X Factors Sept 11, Primetime, Aaron Rogers first game with the New York media pumping up the jets tires like the second coming….have to watch for the inevitable Refs wearing green jerseys deal…heck we saw it in a meaningless preseason game in Pittsburgh where the Bills in the first half breathed in the wrong direction and it was a penalty. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree. I'm interested to see if the Jets try to bully the softer Bills in the trenches. Smash mouth football sort of speak. 

Additionally, that Jet secondary might be one of the best in the league. Diggs might be taken out of the game and what WR for Buffalo is reliable? 

If Kincaid can start his career off in a Kelce like way I won't mind.

• Thank you (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Jets really do matchup well with the Bills. Check out these stats.

F5ImuEeWoAAimac?format=jpg&name=small

Aaron Rodgers has a record of 2-2 against the Bills in his career, with a passer rating of 75.4, with 5 TD's and 4 INT's.

Guess he doesn't match up well against the Bills.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Low scoring game, I'd have to take the Jets if they are giving 2.5. I think the score could go either way but should be close. If it gets to 3 I'd expect a lot of bets on the Jets to pull the upset. Jets hype is at an all time high and on 9/11 that stadium will be intense

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Aaron Rodgers has a record of 2-2 against the Bills in his career, with a passer rating for 75.4, with 5 TD's and 4 INT's.

Guess he doesn't match up well against the Bills.

He is also winless in OP. Granted he hasn't played there much but he is still winless there anyway. Let's hope that streak continues.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What is Josh’s career record v the Jets?

He is 6-3, but one of those losses he barely played, but I don't remember why (in 2019)

(Edit: Bills played their backups, so Matt Barkley played almost the entire game, so Allen is really 6-2.)

Edited by MJS

22 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If Kincaid can start his career off in a Kelce like way I won't mind.

That's a really big ask IMHO. Sure it's possible but how likely?

24 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I expect a hard-fought close game just like both games last year. Anyway, I will be there wearing my #34 blue Thomas jersey. Section 101. Let's Go Bills!!!

Great jersey pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That's a really big ask IMHO. Sure it's possible but how likely?

Great jersey pick. 

I don't expect a Kelce like performance on Monday night. That isn't realistic but I do hope he is a factor in this game. Hopefully he can develop into a great TE. As we have seen with the Chiefs having a weapon at TE like that does wonders for the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

Well let’s break down the position battles:

Jets D Line v Bills O line — Advantage Jets

Bills D line v Jets O line — advantage  Bills

Jets secondary against Bills Receivers — slight advantage Jets/ push.. it’s close.

Bills Secondary v Jets WR — Advantage Bills

Running Backs — advantage Jets 

wild cards? QBs who will show up?

Aaron Rogers — has Father Time caught up with him or was last year an aberration?

Allen —  he is a top 4 QB, but he sometimes gets into trouble when he tries to play hero ball and with the Jets secondary that could be fatal.

outlook— I wouldn’t bet on this game period. My Gutt says Jets in a close one but the Bills could easily win it truly comes down to how the QBs both handle the other teams too 10 D.

Here's the thing about this game. I know it's a week 1 game and there's a LOT of season to play...but for the Jets this is a MUST win game. Before you snicker consider the following:

- Aaron Debut as a Jet

- Monday night football. 

- At Home

- On Sept 11th

- Saleh and the Jets ran their mouth all off season

- Media Darlings to include Hard Knocks

- The many moves they made with beating Buffalo in mind

This is their Super Bowl. This to them is the same as those early season games we have had against KC. Their whole off season of hype and good feelings culminates with this one game. Saleh has crowed and put the target on the Jets back. They cannot fail week 1. 

Furthermore, the league needs the Jets to win this game. The hype machine that was the Jets off season needs to continue so they can push the Rodgers led Jets in a large market. Anything close I expect to fall the Jets way. Sometimes, that's just the hand you're dealt. 

For the Bills this is just a week 1 game.Yes, it's against a division rival but Buffalo's outlook is going to be more "go 1-0 every week". And if they don't they won't panic. They will move on to the Raiders. Buffalo can (even though Vegas has them favorites) play this game with far less pressure IMO. I believe Allen, Diggs and crew will be fired up. They were lackluster (to put it mild) the last time they played a game that counted. And a fired up Allen playing to prove a point is a scary thing. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

For the Bills this is just a week 1 game.Yes, it's against a division rival but Buffalo's outlook is going to be more "go 1-0 every week". And if they don't they won't panic. They will move on to the Raiders. Buffalo can (even though Vegas has them favorites) play this game with far less pressure IMO. I believe Allen, Diggs and crew will be fired up. They were lackluster (to put it mild) the last time they played a game that counted. And a fired up Allen playing to prove a point is a scary thing. 

usually when Allen gets too “fired up” we get rookie Allen.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

We have tickets  through work in the Metlife 50 Club. It is field level behind the Bills bench. We had a choice between the Pepsi club higher up and 50 Club at field level. We chose the 50 club figuring we would likely never get field level access ever again at the risk of maybe not seeing as much "live football"

We are going to get in super early for a two reasons. One is the food, raw bar and filet! More importantly, warm ups. I have to imagine field level behind the bench for warm ups is a blast. 

Anybody have any experience for the game itself? Will I be hanging out outside or watching the game on TV in the stadium? 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/photos/the-metlife-50-club-3131626#244c5e07-a1de-46d0-be2f-ae4eb360f9f1

Edited by Mango
link
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

Just now, Mango said:

We have tickets  through work in the Metlife 50 Club. It is field level behind the Bills bench. We had a choice between the Pepsi club higher up and 50 Club at field level. We chose the 50 club figuring we would likely never get field level access ever again at the risk of maybe not seeing as much "live football"

We are going to get in super early for a two reasons. One is the food, raw bar and filet! More importantly, warm ups. I have to imagine field level behind the bench for warm ups is a blast. 

Anybody have any experience for the game itself? Will I be hanging out outside or watching the game on TV in the stadium? 

If you find yourself in the concourse area, they have huge TV's all around the stadium. It's great for Sunday afternoon because the big screens shows the redzone. They also have big screens inside the stadium around all corners of the stadium. Monday night not a factor but on Sunday's you get all the redzone action. In the case of the Jets they focus on Bills, Pats, and Dolphins games since those are the out-of-town scores that Jets fans are most interested in.

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If you find yourself in the concourse area, they have huge TV's all around the stadium. It's great for Sunday afternoon because the big screens shows the redzone. They also have big screens inside the stadium around all corners of the stadium. Monday night not a factor but on Sunday's you get all the redzone action. In the case of the Jets they focus on Bills, Pats, and Dolphins games since those are the out-of-town scores that Jets fans are most interested in.

Not so worried about the concourse area. I read some stuff online that seems to indicate that their might be actual seats in the stadium associated with the 50 Club? But couldn't confirm one way or the other. 

Not a huge deal. I am likely just getting excited/anxious. God knows I have watched enough games over the years on the big screens sitting in corners and end zones. If I get to do the same from behind the Bills bench on the field, I will be thrilled.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Glad football is back, but I do not like this matchup…

I'm with you 100%. MetLife is gonna be insane. The Bills need to score first. If not, it's gonna be a long night. I don't like the Bills having to come from behind. Score first and keep the pedal on the gas. Try to keep the crowd out of it. Definitely gonna be a hard ask. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/photos/the-metlife-50-club-3131626#244c5e07-a1de-46d0-be2f-ae4eb360f9f1

That's pretty wild.  The pics of it full capacity make it seem like a lot of people are content to just sit inside vs try to look at the field.  Will be interesting if the railing is packed and hard/impossible to look out or if people just generally rotate through

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

That's pretty wild.  The pics of it full capacity make it seem like a lot of people are content to just sit inside vs try to look at the field.  Will be interesting if the railing is packed and hard/impossible to look out or if people just generally rotate through

If I can get a clear sightline to the big screen I am content to hang at the rail. I am a little apprehensive that I will miss a lot of football. Or I will be basically on the field watching the game at a bar next to the sideline. 

We are really looking forward to it. Ultimately any concern is just me whining. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Totally agree that this game will be won and or lost in the trenches. Whichever defense dominates the offensive line is going to win this game. If Josh gets time, he can pick apart the Jets, same with Rodgers. With my Nephew being a huge Jets fan, i think we both agree this will be a fun game to watch for one of us and aggravating for the other. Do not think it will be close either way, winner wins by 10+. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Furthermore, the league needs the Jets to win this game. The hype machine that was the Jets off season needs to continue so they can push the Rodgers led Jets in a large market. Anything close I expect to fall the Jets way. Sometimes, that's just the hand you're dealt. 

I agree with your post except the part quoted above. The NFL doesn’t “need” the Jets to be hyped because they are always hyped. And once and for all, the league is not scripted or “fixed.”

The NFL benefits from a blowout Bills win that sends the NYC media into a frenzy just as much as a Jets win. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Glad football is back, but I do not like this matchup…

This matchup is tough and a good test out the gate for both teams.  The good news for us is that the OL is still an issue, the receiving weapons outside of Wilson are mediocre, and Rodgers is still getting a feel for the players, offense and timing.  

But, we have our own new pieces integrating into our team as well, and when it comes to week 1, you never know who is going to shake the rust off and find a groove first given most the starters across the NFL barely see any action in preseason.  

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Here's the thing about this game. I know it's a week 1 game and there's a LOT of season to play...but for the Jets this is a MUST win game. Before you snicker consider the following:

- Aaron Debut as a Jet

- Monday night football. 

- At Home

- On Sept 11th

- Saleh and the Jets ran their mouth all off season

- Media Darlings to include Hard Knocks

- The many moves they made with beating Buffalo in mind

Its funny, this list works two ways.  One, you could see it as the amount of pressure on the Jets it all puts.  Or two, you can see it as a lot of reasons for the energy to be high and the Jets to be fired up.  

It won't surprise me at all to see the Jets drive the field on their first possession and score a TD, to be honest, I kind of expect it.  We saw this numerous times last season where the shout box would melt down like we were a 1 win team after an easy early TD drive by the opponent.  Then, Bills adjust and clamped down most the time. 

Ultimately, I think the Bills win and it is going to be a situation where Jets start fast with all that adrenaline and energy, but then cool.  Personally, I think it will likely be a close game late and Bills will eventually go up 2 scores in the 4th where the Jets just can't overcome and final score is a Bills win by 1 or 2 scores.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

I agree with your post except the part quoted above. The NFL doesn’t “need” the Jets to be hyped because they are always hyped. And once and for all, the league is not scripted or “fixed.”

The NFL benefits from a blowout Bills win that sends the NYC media into a frenzy just as much as a Jets win. 

Hype and crazy loud fans/media work both ways.  Let's not forget the Steelers/Bills "Renegade" moment.

If the Bills stay cool and under control, they have an advantage IMO.

The Jets are playing with a lot of pressure on them to perform at a "hyped up" level.

It's going to be hard to wait until Monday night to watch this game.  It's going to be a good one right out of the gate.

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I just scored tickets to go with my brother and his best friend (a jests fan). Gonna sport low key Bills colors and hope I don't get mugged.

Lots of Bills fans show up at MetLife. The last 2 years it was almost a 50-50 split. I don't think the Bills will have that many fans this year. Weekday game (Monday night) plus this is the most highly anticipated opener for the Jets in a long time. Jets fans will show up for this game. As for the rowdiness of the crowd. MetLife took care of that with raised ticket prices and PSL fees. Crowd is not as crazy as it used to be at Giants Stadium or Shea.

• Like (+1) 1

For every NFL matchup you can sit down and come up with a half dozen reasons why one or the other team will win, but it typically comes down to who is more talented and who makes fewer mistakes.

When I look at this matchup it comes down to the following:  whose OL will do a better job?  Both teams have excellent defenses with strong fronts and secondaries.  Which OL will give their QB the chance to make plays?

On paper the Bills' OL is much better than the Jests' OL.  I think that will be the difference maker...Allen will get enough time to make plays, while Rodgers will be constantly harrassed.

The Bills now have the players to run legitimate 12 personnel sets.  They haven't had that before, and it puts pressure on the Jests' D.

I don't think this will be a one-score game.  Bills by 10.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.