Bills/Jets game may be blacked out if you are a Spectrum subscriber.

Beast

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I have Spectrum and the ESPN app. One minute before tonight’s Utah/Florida game, Disney yanked ESPN from Spectrum subscribers over a contract dispute. I tried to watch it on my ESPN app and couldn’t do that either which makes no sense to me.

do you have phone service with spectrum?

if not, shut off your wifi.   So you phone will use something not-Spectrum for internet.

And/or, if this works, maybe try using your phone as a Mobile Hotspot.  Then set your laptop or tv to use the internet off your phone's HotSpot.

(gotta make sure you have plenty of data on your phone plan.  if not, its probably worth paying for the temporary upgrade.)

1 hour ago, Special K said:

OK, so what’s the verdict here??

If I pay for the espn+ streaming service, will I be able to see live sports like college football and shows like NFL live and PTI, or not??

No. If all you are paying for is ESPN+/Disney Bundle then you will not get live college football, NFL Live, PTI, etc.

You'll get some exclusive ESPN+ live games, usually B-sports like NHL, Soccer, smaller college sports like volleyball, baseball, soccer.

But to get the content that is on the broadcast stations you have to have a cable subscription or hulu live tv subscription.

Scroll down on this page to see what you get access to https://plus.espn.com/

From the FAQ:

ESPN+ has thousands of exclusive live events, original studio shows, and acclaimed series that aren’t on the ESPN networks...

An ESPN+ subscription does not give you access to stream ESPN’s traditional TV networks or the content on them. To stream those networks, you need a television subscription through a cable, satellite or digital provider.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

53 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No. If all you are paying for is ESPN+/Disney Bundle then you will not get live college football, NFL Live, PTI, etc.

You'll get some exclusive ESPN+ live games, usually B-sports like NHL, Soccer, smaller college sports like volleyball, baseball, soccer.

But to get the content that is on the broadcast stations you have to have a cable subscription or hulu live tv subscription.

From the FAQ:

If true, then what is the point of getting the streaming app??

I just hope these two idiot corporations can figure this out as quickly as possible...I’m not worried about the Bills game, as I still have ABC, but I hate the idea of missing college football, PTI, etc.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

From the FAQ:

Dr.

I’m not saying that you’re wrong, but I’m saying different things than what you’re seeing. There is clearly an upcoming video for the bills Jets game. I saw it whenever I was looking for a way to stream it tonight.

It just has the annotation. This game has not started yet underneath it.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Dr.

I’m not saying that you’re wrong, but I’m saying different things than what you’re seeing. There is clearly an upcoming video for the bills Jets game. I saw it whenever I was looking for a way to stream it tonight.

It just has the annotation. This game has not started yet underneath it.

I can see all the content PREVIEWS as well. Past episodes of PTI and NFL Live as well. But when you click to watch it, it won't let you. If you can, then you are signed in with a TV provider as well. That's how they get ya. Lure you into wanting to watch something, but then you cant.

If you go into Account Settings, you'll see the ESPN app has TWO different sign-in options. "Sign into ESPN+" and "Sign into Cable Provider".

Does it show you signed into a Cable Provider?

I'm Buffalo local so I should be able to get it on a local channel so think I'm covered but honestly I've seen things like this before and usually agreements only take a few days to work out so doubt it will affect our game which still 10 days away.  That said gotta love Disney as they seem to want to ruin everything. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Reading all these comments makes me wonder if people realize how badly we've been screwed by the NFL.  Look how hard it is to see all the games!  Look how many services you need to buy!  And reliability goes out the window if a contract dispute you have nothing to do with gets a channel or network pulled off the air.  We live in Memphis now and haven't had any CBS coverage for weeks via cable (DirecTV).  Not just football, no CBS at all.  This year we need YouTube to get Sunday Ticket, but the functionality we used to have is not all there.  The hassles and the costs keep going up, and the availability and service keep getting worse.  

Edited by Utah John

17 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Reading all these comments makes me wonder if people realize how badly we've been screwed by the NFL.  Look how hard it is to see all the games!  Look how many services you need to buy!  And reliability goes out the window if a contract dispute you have nothing to do with gets a channel or network pulled off the air.  We live in Memphis now and haven't had any CBS coverage for weeks via cable (DirecTV).  Not just football, no CBS at all.  This year we need YouTube to get Sunday Ticket, but the functionality we used to have is not all there.  The hassles and the costs keep going up, and the availability and service keep getting worse.  

Welcome to The American Corporation

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I will FaceTime the game for you.  Let me know if you want me to hold the phone horizontal or vertically.

Once in college in Indiana I couldn’t get the Bills game so my mom back in WNY graciously Skyped and set up the laptop in front of her TV for me so I could watch. Not great quality, but hey I saw the game!

24 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

2023 and I’m still wondering why people still have cable tv 

I think it’ll be funny in the late 2020s/early 2030s when all these streaming services start merging again to stay afloat/competitive. Pendulum will swing back toward cable-like packages I bet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Utah John said:

what ST functionality is missing?

Some of the people down the road have Spectrum and I swear the Spectrum truck is down there every two weeks. We use Frontier fiber and never have a problem with Sling Tv ever. You guys really should look into Sling... easy to use, around $60 a month for blue and orange, and you can add or subract sports packages/movie packages etc. whenever you want. Hundreds of channels besides the featured ones. Never a hassle.

https://www.sling.com/about/cord-cutting-guide

If anyone wants to cut the cord and go to Fubo TV (which has ESPN, networks, NFL Network and MSG for the Sabres) if you want 30$ off (I will also get 30$ credit) feel free to message me.   The reason I chose this provider as opposed to Sling, YoutubeTV, etc... is I believe they are the only ones with MSG / Sabres games.

Edited by Captain Caveman

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Once in college in Indiana I couldn’t get the Bills game so my mom back in WNY graciously Skyped and set up the laptop in front of her TV for me so I could watch. Not great quality, but hey I saw the game!

I think it’ll be funny in the late 2020s/early 2030s when all these streaming services start merging again to stay afloat/competitive. Pendulum will swing back toward cable-like packages I bet.

Your mom is awesome, and I mean that in the most respectful way.

10 hours ago, Special K said:

If true, then what is the point of getting the streaming app??

I just hope these two idiot corporations can figure this out as quickly as possible...I’m not worried about the Bills game, as I still have ABC, but I hate the idea of missing college football, PTI, etc.

If you are a Buffalo sports fan that lives outside of WNY, then the streaming app gets you 70+ Sabres games.  I'll be signing up for ESPN+ for the first time in October.  Otherwise, you're right, not a ton of point to subscribing to ESPN+.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My cousin has been using a service called “eye stream TV” for at least 4-5 years now and he swears by it. He gets a crazy amount of channels including PPV, all the movie channels like HBO and Starz, every NFL game for every team, every NHL game, NBA, MLB, etc.

and it’s only $43/month. They also offer a free 1 week trial so it’s an option if this dispute isn’t resolved in time.

I don’t think they offer DVR or on demand though. You have to watch live.

https://www.eyestreamtv.net/channels

You need to have one of the supported devices to download their app. Like a fire stick 4k, Apple TV, Nvidia shield, chromecast, etc.

I’ve used the service at his house a few times now and it works pretty well. Not my favorite user interface but for the price and what you get I could deal with it.

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

what ST functionality is missing?

You can't set up the taping schedule days ahead and count on the games being recorded.  At least that's what the YouTube representative I called for assistance, told me.  She said they've had other complaints about it and were working on it.  Well, shoot, if they knew a year in advance that they'd have this business, why are they just getting to this now?

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Welcome to The American Corporation

I get it.  The money we pay for streaming games goes toward the billionaire owners and the millionaire players.  Without those TV contracts, there'd be billionaire owners and very wealthy but mostly not millionaire players.  

Is it all worth that?

34 minutes ago, Utah John said:

You can't set up the taping schedule days ahead and count on the games being recorded.  At least that's what the YouTube representative I called for assistance, told me.  She said they've had other complaints about it and were working on it.  Well, shoot, if they knew a year in advance that they'd have this business, why are they just getting to this now?

Go to either home or library...not sure which and select the Bills as your team. It will record any bills game being broadcast. You don't have to schedule anything. It's added to your library. I have the 3 preseason games recorded. Didn't schedule them. It's easier than Directv. No searching for what channel or network the game is on. Sometimes Bills would be on the ticket 700 channels or local CBS or Fox. Don't have to do this with youtube TV

Edited by nucci

14 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Correct to all above. There is a difference between espn+ if you pay for it vs just getting it free with Spectrum. Especially now that Spectrum and Disney are on the outs. But I do believe if there was not this fued, you would be able to see it with the non paid version of espn+ through their app with the spectrum login.

It really depends some games are on both ESPN and ESPN+. Last nights game was not on ESPN+. So you either had to watch it on ESPN or WatchESPN which you need a cable or streaming provider

15 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

ESPN is gone for me but ABC is still working so maybe it'll be there on the 11th.  If not it'll be time for the old rabbit ears.

Yep. I already have an antenna hooked up to my TVs as a backup so worst case I’ll switch to the over the air broadcast for the Bills game. OTA is usually as good of quality as the cable broadcasts.

this only works if you are in market obviously.

Question:  For this season's MNF, is it true that on the select weeks (example:  Bills/Jets Game #1) that ABC simulcasts, those ABC games

are available nationwide?  I think it is but can't remember from last year.

I got Sling Blue and usually get Sling Orange (ESPN) for the football season, but if true I wouldn't need it for the Jets game. 

The other MNF game is Denver and I get that locally.  I have ESPN+ for Sabres hockey so I'm hoping I'm set for Bills football too!

I get ABC over the air so no worries about "disputes"! 

I have the YouTube Sunday Ticket/Redzone with the student discount plan ($119.00) from my nephew.  

Note to future cord cutters on the cheap:  I get Sling Blue ($40.00 per month) and have an HDTV antenna for local stations.

Sling Blue has most of the "normal" cable stations with the exception of ESPN.  It also does have NFL Network.

I share Sling Blue with a friend who gives me back Netflix (from the family plan), ESPN+/Disney/Hulu package, Paramount+ and HBO Max.

It works out pretty even money wise and is a LOT of TV for $40.00 per month.

Edited by ColoradoBills
Forgot to add HBO Max!
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Question:  For this season's MNF, is it true that on the select weeks (example:  Bills/Jets Game #1) that ABC simulcasts, those ABC games

are available nationwide?  I think it is but can't remember from last year.

I got Sling Blue and usually get Sling Orange (ESPN) for the football season, but if true I wouldn't need it for the Jets game. 

The other MNF game is Denver and I get that locally.  I have ESPN+ for Sabres hockey so I'm hoping I'm set for Bills football too!

I get ABC over the air so no worries about "disputes"! 

I have the YouTube Sunday Ticket/Redzone with the student discount plan ($119.00) from my nephew.  

Note to future cord cutters on the cheap:  I get Sling Blue ($40.00 per month) and have an HDTV antenna for local stations.

Sling Blue has most of the "normal" cable stations with the exception of ESPN.  It also does have NFL Network.

I share Sling Blue with a friend who gives me back Netflix (from the family plan), ESPN+/Disney/Hulu package and Paramount+.

It works out pretty even money wise and is a LOT of TV for $40.00 per month.

they are nationwide but might not be on ABC in the two teams viewing area's, maybe a different local channel.

Anyone can stream ESPN+ for $9.99 a month as a stand alone. That's a good deal for Sabres games alone.

https://thestreamable.com/channels/espn-plus

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

they are nationwide but might not be on ABC in the two teams viewing area's, maybe a different local channel.

Anyone can stream ESPN+ for $9.99 a month as a stand alone. That's a good deal for Sabres games alone.

https://thestreamable.com/channels/espn-plus

True, but Colorado Springs is local for the Broncos games, so I will get that Bills game no matter what station it's on.

Thanks for confirming the Jets game.

Yes, the ESPN (which I get bundled) is great for Sabres games.  

5 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

How does this op  related to the Bills? Fear monger much? They will be on tv especially local, guaranteed. 

It relates because Spectrum subscribers outside of the local Buffalo viewing area will not be able to view it unless Disney and Spectrum resolve their issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

It relates because Spectrum subscribers outside of the local Buffalo viewing area will not be able to view it unless Disney and Spectrum resolve their issue. 

The only places where Spectrum won't carry the game are the following cities: 

In addition, ABC stations owned by Disney in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham and Fresno were pulled off the air.

If you live in one of those city's TV market buy an antenna & reprogram your TV.  Earlier this year Verizon pulled the local ABC channel.  On one of my TVs I attached an antenna, changed the input to TV & programmed the TV to receive over the air stations.  Then I could watch the local ABC station with the input on TV & if I wanted to watch cable all I had to do was change the input & put it on the channel that's the box is tuned to.  It's not that difficult to have the same TV ready for both cable & over the air viewing,  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.