Kirksey signing with the Bills PS

ndirish1978

47 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Given he chose the Bills while a FA, I'd imagine that choice would stick. 🤞

I wondering if PS (vs straight roster) was a stipulation that Kirksey chose, vs the bills choosing? That way it gives him the chance to leave for another team should he not get elevated and become our starting MLB by say week 2/3? 

2 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I wondering if PS (vs straight roster) was a stipulation that Kirksey chose, vs the bills choosing? That way it gives him the chance to leave for another team should he not get elevated and become our starting MLB by say week 2/3? 

That's a reasonable thought. May have been the best fit for everyone.

25 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If they truly felt as fans do that he's an immediate upgrade and needs to be put in the starting lineup sooner than later, they wouldn't have put him on the Practice Squad.

Not true, they can save a roster spot and just elevate him on game days up to 4x. I don't know why you wouldn't take advantage of that if you have a vet willing to sign to the PS>.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Could’ve had Zach Cunningham all camp and ready to go at MLB.  Now he’s starting for the Eagles. The way McBeane has handled MLB is the biggest headscrater of their tenure. 

I kind of feel like Kirksey was their plan for while. But I’ll never be able to prove it.

Something fishy about him not practicing all summer with a hammy and then healthy the moment he’s released. 

I don’t see how anyone could be upset about this. They added a starting caliber veteran MLB to the practice squad. I think most bills fans probably would’ve been ok adding Kirksey to the 53 man roster. Getting him on the practice squad (to start with anyway) is even better.

At worst, it’s a good veteran addition to the locker room, a good insurance policy at MLB and better depth than AJ Klein.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t see how anyone could be upset about this. They added a starting caliber veteran MLB to the practice squad. I think most bills fans probably would’ve been ok adding Kirksey to the 53 man roster. Getting him on the practice squad (to start with anyway) is even better.

At worst, it’s a good veteran addition to the locker room, a good insurance policy at MLB and better depth than AJ Klein.

To boot, all he has to be is consistent solid. Perks of an elite defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Was looking through transactions around the league from the past week and missed Isaiah Simmons getting traded from AZ to NYG for a 7th round pick… Shame we didn’t enquire or put an offer for him. Kirksey is serviceable but this really makes the LB situation outside Milano more concerning. 

No it doesn’t

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Wait, he prioritized winning?

Wait'll he hears the bad news from @FilthyBeast

This is a nice move all things considered and have not going to knock Beane for it  but who knows what type of interest he was receiving on the open market. Doubt any other serious contenders were interested especially those with serious LB talent like Chiefs/Dolphins/Bengals/Eagles/49ers/etc.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Wait a minute, Beane said the starter was already on the roster.

You just can't trust this guy

I mean it’s coming from a guy that basically gave Teller away, threw away Ford, and bag of peanuts for Boogie and a fiasco with 3rd round RBs. Just once I’d like to draft an all pro outside of Allen. 

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

From Wikipedia: 

Kirksey is featured in Madden NFL 15; however, when used in the gamemode "Madden Ultimate Team", he is on the Tennessee Titans; due to a glitch, his in-game avatar appears as 1 ft 2 in in height, which makes him the first "Foottall" player in Madden history.[50] Kirksey later appeared in a trailer EA Sports created for the game that features the glitch.[51]

I always wanted the Bills to have a little person LB so I am happy. 

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Wait a minute, Beane said the starter was already on the roster.

You just can't trust this guy

GMS are used car Salesmen with less cocaine. 

• Haha (+1) 6

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

went to the PS to finalize contract. when that done? I think he will be put on the 53 man right away

I think he’s gonna stay there a little bit, but I hope you’re right.  Who’s roster spot does he take?

2 hours ago, DJB said:

I mean it seems obvious to me that Kirksey likely knows he’s going to be the starter. Beane is merely stashing him on the PS until he knows the system to avoid taking up a spot on the 53

Not complicated 

I dunno. All that makes sense but from my couch, I can’t tell how obvious it is that he’s the starter.  I hope he’s the starter.  I haven’t heard anything from the team to confirm that.  Lots of things sounds like a no brainer to me, yet McB has other ideas. 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Didn't Kirksey replace Cunningham in Houston?

Not sure. Cunningham was hurt last year and is 3 years younger. But one got cut

from the worst team in the league and the other is starting for the odds on favortire to win the NFC. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I kind of feel like Kirksey was their plan for while. But I’ll never be able to prove it.

Something fishy about him not practicing all summer with a hammy and then healthy the moment he’s released. 

That’s a hell of a long game for an old average linebacker.  

This is quite the scoop by Beane, I have no doubt that this is an immediate upgrade at MLB and it certainly calms some of the panic at MLB being still so unsettled.  

I suspect he will be on the active 53 here very soon, and wouldn't surprise me if he was active week 1

• Agree 1

Side note:  what did Klein do to piss Beane off so much?

some harsh language here!

“With us terminating A.J. (Klein), we felt (good about) Christian getting in here, getting our system,” Beane said.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2023/08/buffalo-bills-adding-veteran-lb-to-practice-squad-could-he-be-an-option-at-middle-linebacker.html

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's good to get some insurance. But I think people are getting ahead of themselves here as far as him taking over the MLB spot.

They signed the guy to the Practice Squad. Which means he's not getting a shot until a.) McDermott feels he's had enough time learning and b.) Bernard/Dodson have had their shot and failed.

If they truly felt as fans do that he's an immediate upgrade and needs to be put in the starting lineup immediately, they wouldn't have put him on the Practice Squad.

oh come on!!! Admit you were wrong just once amigo!😜

Why cut someone from the 53 before they need to is likely the thinking here

3 hours ago, SmokinES3 said:

Why do I keep hearing on Twitter that Texan fans hate the guy? 

They should get their priorities in order as to who deserves hate in that organization...

plenty of Bills fans felt the same way about Edmunds haha

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

My bet he gets signed to 53 man roster after Week 1 to avoid guarantee and to lower cap hit.

good thinking. They could elevate him week 1 if he gets up to speed quick enough, then put him on the 53 after 9/11

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“With us terminating A.J. (Klein), we felt (good about) Christian getting in here, getting our system,” Beane said.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2023/08/buffalo-bills-adding-veteran-lb-to-practice-squad-could-he-be-an-option-at-middle-linebacker.html

Klein never turns around when covering receiver and clutches to boot.  It seems like our our whole back 7 cover this way however.

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

oh come on!!! Admit you were wrong just once amigo!😜

Why cut someone from the 53 before they need to is likely the thinking here

I always said I didn't see us signing a MLB and plugging and playing them. And I still don't see it. He was signed to the Practice Squad. He'll spend some time there getting healthy and learning the playbook, scheme, and playcalls. If or when Dodson/Bernard falter, he'll get called up when he's ready.

I didn't think we'd make the move and I'm pleasantly surprised they did. Kirskey probably eventually ends up starting because I think that the odds that Dodson/Bernard will falter is great. But it won't be immediate like everyone wants and expects.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I always said I didn't see us signing a MLB and plugging and playing them. And I still don't see it. He was signed to the Practice Squad. He'll spend some time there getting healthy and learning the playbook, scheme, and playcalls. If or when Dodson/Bernard falter, he'll get called up when he's ready.

He probably eventually ends up there because I think that Dodson/Bernard will falter. But it won't be immediate like everyone wants.

Haha! He’s starting week 1 because I said so!!!

please keep Dodson off the field!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Klein prob wasn't willing to go on PS

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.