Bills lose Anderson, Austin and Broeker to claims.

BuffaloBillyG

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

At this point, just use 7th Round picks as minor trade pieces or to draft a punter.

idk about that, sometime you hit on a decent player with potential like Benford

edit he was a 6th rd

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills lead the league in players claimed. Interesting.

Still a bit misleading because Texans are widely considered to be among the worst teams in the league again this year record wise and up there with Cardinals jockeying for #1 overall pick in next year draft. So taking a flying on 2 of our 7th round guys is great on the surface but doesn't mean we are best roster in NFL.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Bills traded down twice in the 2023 draft, they ended up with two picks in the 7th round (Broeker and Austin) but they also picked up two 6th round picks in 2024. So they didn't really lose much here.

Nick Broeker trade (pick 230):

Houston traded their 230 overall pick in Round 7 along with a 2024 sixth-rounder to the Bills to take Xavier Hutchinson at 205.

Alex Austin trade (pick 252):

Buffalo traded this sixth-round selection (215th) to Los Angeles in exchange for a seventh-round selection (252nd) and a 2024 sixth-round selection.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Weird, I’ve been hearing how much Beane neglects the roster.

Q-Berry was also signed. 

Because we have one of the best rosters in the league. This is proof.

11 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Still a bit misleading because Texans are widely considered to be among the worst teams in the league again this year record wise and up there with Cardinals jockeying for #1 overall pick in next year draft. So taking a flying on 2 of our 7th round guys is great on the surface but doesn't mean we are best roster in NFL.

What? If this logic were sound why didn’t they pick from others teams cuts? That’s because it’s obvious the Bills have a very strong roster.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Austin is likely the only one on that list they would have liked to get through to the PS

Heard they really wanted Broeker.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

LOL, why weren't all the "loaded" Dolphins cuts claimed???  😂 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It’s not misleading at all.  The Texans could’ve claimed dolphins, jets, chiefs, bengals, eagles….. but they claimed ours.  Suggesting that they liked the bottom of our barrel more than any other teams barrels.  

our roster is very good

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Good for those 3 guys. Get to be on a 53 and make more money than being on the PS. I think the Bills didn't care about Zayne Anderson but for sure wanted Austin and Broeker on the PS here. 

100% agree.  Broeker being the primary one, IMO.  

Ingram is perfect for our P/S, looks like Brown was signed to P/S too, although could see them shuffling that around as season goes.

This is exactly why we keep Cam and Alec Anderson on the 53, those guys would have been gone.  Need to hold onto better depth players, even if we only roll with 5 WRs/5 LBs...use the P/S for those 6th roles, if needed on gameday

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If it was Miami's players you'd be jumping all over it and making 10 threads about it though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Too bad about Broeker, I liked him coming out, but Anderson and Van Denmark were better options for 23 and 24.  Wouldn't be shocked if Broeker finds his way back here during the season as Houston churns through the bottom of its roster.

Ya know...when there are two players close to the cut line with the name Anderson, we gotta use first names.  I was really confused for a moment.....Sure, Anderson was claimed off waivers, but we decided to keep Anderson.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

If it was Miami's players you'd be jumping all over it and making 10 threads about it though.

To be honest Scott, I really don't care about all this bottom of the roster musical chairs teams play. Most of these guys are never going to amount to anything in this league which is why they are cut/claimed/etc.

But I see a lot of Bills podcasters and media figures chest thumping over the fact 4 guys were claimed by other teams as if it actually means something. But kudos to this organization for another hollow accomplishment I guess and I'm sure KC and other serious contenders could care less as well about how much of their scraps ended up elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't see "Filthy Beast" posts except in replies, but every time I see his board name, I think of the Cary Grant movie Father Goose.

I gave up on that guy last season.  LOL.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Deep roster. Kind of surprised Zayne Anderson was claimed. 

I liked him…. I was wondering why it was we didn’t sign him…

4 hours ago, SWATeam said:

LOL, why weren't all the "loaded" Dolphins cuts claimed???  😂 

Maybe because they planned how their roster was going to work. And not drafted players they knew weren’t going to make the team. But in reality that’s not fair, because we could have sustained injured over the summer and then all three of those players would have made it.

We as a fanbase can be very myopic: every team has holes and gaps and weaknesses and worries and missed draft picks and questions at depth. It's like that old saying, America is the worst country to live in, except all the others! Bills are good. Scaaaaaary good. 12 win floor. take it to the bank.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.