Nick Bosa Trade Rumor (Unnamed AFC Team)

SCBills

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It’s not Miami… they can’t afford Bosa plus next year they are already over the cap by a lot and that doesn’t take into account re-signing Tua, Wilkins, and Waddle.  Not happening.

I think they would prioritize Bosa over those players mentioned, to be honest.

And coincidentally,  extension talks between Wilkins and the Dolphins have stalled but they locked up his running mate at the other DT for around $10M aav a couple days ago.🤔  

Wilkins is probably asking for around $25M aav himself............I mean he's a ball grabbing SOB but the dude made an insane 98 tackles from the DT position last year..........he is one of the 5 most productive DL in the NFL.

Maybe they move on from Wilkins to make a salary slot for Bosa.

Bosa might take $30M aav on a longer term deal to come home(worth a bit more in a no state income tax state like Florida instead of CA).........and as an edge rusher instead of an interior DL the Dolphins might be willing to go longer on his contract than they would a DT........which would provide lower cap hits early on.

• Like (+1) 1

What about Jacksonville?  Not sure what their cap space is like but he would be a huge addition to that squad imo.  Jags are a sleeper team this year, I feel like they make a big jump in Trevor Lawrence keeps progressing.  Bosa and Josh Allen is a nasty set of edge rushers 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

They won’t trade him to a SB contender. 

The list is probably:

Houston

Houston

Houston 

Houston

Houston

Ryans connection. 

I'm sure they'd prefer to trade him to Houston............the potential for picks earlier in rounds...........but again,  Bosa would have to agree to sign with the team in order for San Fran to get anything good.    I get the Demeco Ryans connection but the Texans are losers with a dubious management structure per @GunnerBill.   The Dolphins might be willing to swap Jaelan Phillips+ for Bosa and get a deal done and both players end up back in their home states.

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They won’t trade him to a SB contender. 

The list is probably:

Houston

Houston

Houston 

Houston

Houston

Ryans connection. 

they will trade to the team that gets them the most picks outside their division. You do not worry about the other teams outside the division.. you just worry about what you get.

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

they will trade to the team that gets them the most picks outside their division. You do not worry about the other teams outside the division.. you just worry about what you get.

They have the ammo the Dolphins do not.  

Shanny is already dreaming about a potential top 5 pick to try and get Caleb Williams (or move up to) if Purdy busts - if he doesn’t, then Harrison Jr.  

If you’re the Texans I think you just hold.  This isn’t your “window” there is no reason to do it unless you think Stroud is legit.  No doubt the 49ers would prefer Texans picks to Dolphins picks.  

You trade Bosa for what you’re almost positive is going to be a top 5 pick top 10 at worst.  You ain’t getting that near certainty from anyone else in the AFC that you do with Houston - who has their pick and the Browns first.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm sure they'd prefer to trade him to Houston............the potential for picks earlier in rounds...........but again,  Bosa would have to agree to sign with the team in order for San Fran to get anything good.    I get the Demeco Ryans connection but the Texans are losers with a dubious management structure per @GunnerBill.   The Dolphins might be willing to swap Jaelan Phillips+ for Bosa and get a deal done and both players end up back in their home states.

Yep, gotta get some 1st round picks after the Lance deal, even though those picks were already used.  

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think they have cleared some of that management structure out but I'd still be very wary of going to play for Cal McNair if I was a high end player. They wouldn't be near the top of my destination list.

• Agree 1

I hear rumors a while back prior to the Jalen Hurts or Herbert deals that Burrow wanted an 8 year fully guaranteed contract at $25M/yr the thought was he wanted to ensure Chase could be resigned without question. 

this approach would open the door for Bosa. Bosa paired with Hendrickson is scary.

Could he ever consider that contract with what others have signed for recently? No idea. But the guy does so much for low income families between his foundation, food bank stuff, and now purchasing small family farms to help out those groups. It is possible I guess. his mother is a school principal still and see a lot of this struggle on a daily basis.

If he signs that deal and it paves the way for Bosa, they give him the key to the city.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

I hear rumors a while back prior to the Jalen Hurts or Herbert deals that Burrow wanted an 8 year fully guaranteed contract at $25M/yr the thought was he wanted to ensure Chase could be resigned without question. 

this approach would open the door for Bosa. Bosa paired with Hendrickson is scary.

Could he ever consider that contract with what others have signed for recently? No idea. But the guy does so much for low income families between his foundation, food bank stuff, and now purchasing small family farms to help out those groups. It is possible I guess. his mother is a school principal still and see a lot of this struggle on a daily basis.

If he signs that deal and it paves the way for Bosa, they give him the key to the city.

I have often wondered what would happen if a top end franchise QB did that. Just said "$25m per, fully guaranteed will do me, no build a team around me."

I have to think the NFLPA would freak. But not sure there is much that could be done.

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

But wait everyone on WGR says the salary cap is imaginary. 

Cap is definitely real, however it can be easily manipulated for short term success.

Re structured contracts, extensions, void years, back loaded deals etc.

Always ways around it.

But… Eventually you got to pay haha

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have often wondered what would happen if a top end franchise QB did that. Just said "$25m per, fully guaranteed will do me, no build a team around me."

I have to think the NFLPA would freak. But not sure there is much that could be done.

Would love it if Josh did that. I mean how many pistachios does he need?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Would be most hated player in the league by his union brothers, I’m sure like most human beings, he cares what those in his sphere think of him.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Brady always took way under market value while he was in NE.. never fully guaranteed but he left a LOT of money on the table so the team could build around him. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bosa would have to want to sign with the team they trade him to in order for San Francisco to get a good return.

That would point to Miami.    

His dad was a first round bust for the Dolphins.......his uncle is Eric Kumerow the former Dolphins LB...........and Nick and Joey were raised in Miami.

That's home for the Bosa family.

I've come to hate you

>.>

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, julian said:

Would be most hated player in the league by his union brothers, I’m sure like most human beings, he cares what those in his sphere think of him.

Most hated? Why?

I think it should be the opposite. Other top end QBs might hate him, but all other players should love him.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Most hated? Why?

I think it should be the opposite. Other top end QBs might hate him, but all other players should love him.

If a QB signed for $20+ million under value, why would a GM and/or owner pay anyone else top end money? I think you would see contracts drop significantly if a top QB took a contract like that. Also, it’s not the players jobs to make the salary cap work, that’s up to the front office guys. Those guys are also paid a lot of money, make them earn their money as well 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

If a QB signed for $20+ million under value, why would a GM and/or owner pay anyone else top end money? I think you would see contracts drop significantly if a top QB took a contract like that. Also, it’s not the players jobs to make the salary cap work, that’s up to the front office guys. Those guys are also paid a lot of money, make them earn their money as well 

Maybe some contract would drop, but cap space remains the same. More players would profit from this imo.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.