Boogie traded to Giants

Rc2catch

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Last year the Jets drafted two All Pros in Round 1 and the Bills drafted a 4th string corner.  Allen is saving Beane's job right now.

Yeah man! Definitely! Definitely not the fact that he drafted a starter in 6th. GM's miss in some rounds hit in others... potentially missing on Elam did nothing to set us back. 

Allen is saving his job, not the team at all. Not the number 1 defense he assembled... definitely not.. We should fire Beane and get someone in here that can build a team that can win 13 games a year.

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

When is Shanahan by that logic?  He gave up 3 firsts and more for Lance who he dumped for a 4th and got literally nothing out of him.

Let's stop acting like all picks are homeruns for other teams.

Shanahan (and lynch) also has the best roster in the league by a MILE. He also worked deals to get the best LT and RBs in the league for pennies compared to their worth. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I like Beane... but I will say that the early round trash pile has been growing around this team, and they need to start getting some mileage out of some of these guys or they will lose ground

They have lost ground... You need your top rookies to make an impact and keep you from diving into the FA pool every year.

Beane may good at cap gymastics, but the fact is we shouldn't need to do that much to make the cap work. That only happens when your drafting better impact players more consistently IMO.

Just now, Virgil said:

I was disappointed with the pick when it happened, and this just seals it.  I’m not expecting better than a 4th.  

So many better options the Bills could have drafted.  

Watch him step up his game in NJ

A 4th would be a massive overpayment by the Giants. 

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Last year the Jets drafted two All Pros in Round 1 and the Bills drafted a 4th string corner.  Allen is saving Beane's job right now.

They also used the 2nd overall pick on zach wilson the year before.  So they got an all-pro corner, a NOT all-pro WR who looks to be a good player, and a worthless QB.  With More draft capital than buffalo has had if you combine probably the last 3 seasons if not more.  

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The load on Allen’s back is heavy.

That trope is getting stale, my boy.  This roster is loaded whether you choose to admit it or not.

If 30% of 1st round draft choices fail, what do you think the odds are for 2nd rounders?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

A 4th would be a massive overpayment by the Giants. 

Agreed and he isn’t worth that at all.  I’m saying it from the lens of how bad that draft pick was.  A 2nd rounder that you basically cut within his rookie deal.  

Horrible pick 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Shanahan (and lynch) also has the best roster in the league by a MILE. He also worked deals to get the best LT and RBs in the league for pennies compared to their worth. 

No they dont... they did least year. 

They lost a lot this off season. 

2 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

That vaunted roster had nearly 50 laid on them by the Chiefs last year. The week after they played the Bills. They have a good roster but other teams are definitely in the ball park 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

2 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Umm, by a mile? Ever heard of the Eagles?

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I’m annoyed as well, although how do you propose he’s held accountable?  Fire him because not every move is a winner?

I think he should be put on a hot seat.  I would like Mcdermott to get more involved.  I have always though Mcdermott has been the better evaluator of talent.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

For a moment ponder what the Bills would look like and what the prevailing opinion of McDermott and Beane would be had the Browns or Jets selected Allen in that draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

So long as he hits on players like Benford, he can do whatever he wants.

Leach drafted CEH in the first round for the Chiefs. 

We really picking on the GM who’s team has won Two of the last 4 Superbowls and has been in 3 of 4 and was very close to going to 4 straight. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.