Boogie traded to Giants

Rc2catch

I said it before and I’ll say it again. I do think if we held a TBD poll on who to draft when the pick is up, we’d have a better drafting history than Brandon Beane. BUT only after the 2018 draft. Allen wouldn’t be on this team if it were up to TBD at the time 😅

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

I think there’s a fair argument that Beane is better at selecting players in rounds 4-7 than he is in rounds 1-3.  It’s weird, but as long as you get guys who can play…

Beane is great at hitting singles and doubles, but can't hit a homerun. That's the problem.

15 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

Wonder if we can trade McDermott and Beane for Daboll and Schoen?

Here's the thing about that.  Eagles want to fly with eagles.  They don't want to hang out with turkeys.  Turkeys, on the other hand, like to flock together.

So the good personnel guys in the NFL want to work with the best GMs.  The good positions coaches want to work with the best DCs and HCs.  Good DCs want to work with the best HCs.  

The only reason Daboll and Schoen were on the team was because McD and Beane hired them - and Daboll and Shoen wanted to work with them.  I'm hoping that they continue to hire, and internally develop, good coaches and personnel guys.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, CountDorkula said:

You get “crowned” AFC east champion and you can hang a banner but personally I think it’s silly. 

It feels a hell of a lot better than we were going 8 and 8 every year

Just good enough that we couldn’t get top of the draft selections just bad enough that we didn’t make the playiffs

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

The draft he did before Beane was here, and also the game day roster is usually spot on.

McDermott had Whaley, a team of scouts, and insider knowledge of Carolinas draft board which some have argued came from Beane.  He didn't run a draft.  He mostly punted since we had a lame duck GM which is why we didn't take a QB.

The game day roster he assembles with players drafted and signed by Beane?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Lots of posters here fawning over Schoen and Daboll, when they haven’t won ****

Because they took a really bad Giants team and have seemingly turned it around….. which is what McD and Beane get credit here for and rightfully so. 

that said just Turing the team around is no longer good enough for the Bills brass. This team has failed when it mattered most in the most extreme ways. 

Basham was a bad pick from the start.  Rousseau was supposed to be the project, and Basham was supposed to be the more pro-ready one, and that just completely flipped around from essentially their very first days at camp.  I was hoping to be wrong about him, but no dice.

Glad we cut bait at least.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

It feels a hell of a lot better than we were going 8 and 8 every year

Just good enough that we couldn’t get top of the draft selections just bad enough that we didn’t make the playiffs

Oh god don’t remind me. The days of wanting to just lose to get Cam Newton instead of Dareus. {shutters}

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Personally, I hope that this means Kingsley Jonathan can make the team

That kids got it

You may be on to something.  This move might have more to do with Jonathan/Cline/holistic roster construction (may need someone to play STs, for instance, depending on what LBs and RBs look like) than Boogie’s relative uselessness or Von’s return. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think the Bills plan on keeping AJ don’t be shocked if he doesn’t resign at some point this year 

Let’s hope he doesn’t resign, at least not mid-season.  It’s probably more likely that he will re-sign.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

When is Beane going to be held accountable?

Uh, for what?  Teams miss on draft picks all the time.  Do you want them to fire the guy who put together a potential championship roster?  How else would he be "held accountable"?  Make him sit in the corner for 15 minutes?  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Process said:

More likely means Kingsley makes the team 

So To make this assumption, and keep with me here... you may be right.. But to make this assumption, Kingsley would have had to of shown that he could do good things against starters. now correct me if I am wrong but I do not think he has done that. 

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

So To make this assumption, and keep with me here... you may be right.. But to make this assumption, Kingsley would have had to of shown that he could do good things against starters. now correct me if I am wrong but I do not think he has done that. 

Neither has Boogie

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Player who averages 2 sacks a year gets traded and OBD goes nuts.   Please God can the real season start already.

I think people are just commenting on this trade because its a tacit admission by the FO that they blew this pick.  The "averages 2 sacks a year" part is exactly why it's relevant.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.