Boogie traded to Giants

Rc2catch

13 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

When is Beane going to be held accountable?

I think Terry already did.  Beane took a team that never made the playoffs and transformed it into a team that always makes the playoffs.  Terry counted up the successes and failures and rewarded Beane with an extension.  

One of the things that made Basham expendable is that Beane has successfully acquired other good DEs.  

I do agree, though, Beane still needs to get better as a GM.  He's given McD a good roster to work with, maybe a very good one, but not a great one. 

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They also used the 2nd overall pick on zach wilson the year before.  So they got an all-pro corner, a NOT all-pro WR who looks to be a good player, and a worthless QB.  With More draft capital than buffalo has had if you combine probably the last 3 seasons if not more.  

They also threw away a pick on Denzel Mims and Becton is looking pretty poor.

1 minute ago, eball said:

That trope is getting stale, my boy.  This roster is loaded whether you choose to admit it or not.

If 30% of 1st round draft choices fail, what do you think the odds are for 2nd rounders?

Dude you're wasting your time. This is the same guy that 20 years ago would be wishing for this to be something to complain about. 

They want to sit there and complain as if we didn't win 13 games last year and the year before with a team that is built and built very well. Did he miss on a few picks? Sure.... but what about the Gabe Davis', Matt Milano's, Benford, Neal, Knox, etc etc etc ... He absolutely needs to be better in rounds 1 and 2, there's no doubt but hes far from a poor drafter. I believe I saw the Bills retain most of their picks beyond most in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Its a late round pick swap.  Useless

Just like Boogie.  What’s his special trait?  I have no clue.  Overager in the draft.  Short arms.  No bend.  Not heavy enough to effectively play tackle in our scheme.  Maybe he’s a 3-4 DE.  I don’t know.  I never got this one.  

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

We really picking on the GM who’s team has won Two of the last 4 Superbowls and has been in 3 of 4 and was very close to going to 4 straight. 

GM hit on an elite QB and has an owner with some of the deepest pockets in the NFL. 

Beane is a good GM.. talented eye for Day 3 players and is solid in FA acquisitions/cap management, but these bad misses on premium draft picks are adding up.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Dude you're wasting your time. This is the same guy that 20 years ago would be wishing for this to be something to complain about. 

They want to sit there and complain as if we didn't win 13 games last year and the year before with a team that is built and built very well. Did he miss on a few picks? Sure.... but what about the Gabe Davis', Matt Milano's, Benford, Neal, Knox, etc etc etc ... He absolutely needs to be better in rounds 1 and 2, there's no doubt but hes far from a poor drafter. I believe I saw the Bills retain most of their picks beyond most in the league. 

They won 13 games. Cool. 

do they get a trophy?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Last year the Jets drafted two All Pros in Round 1 and the Bills drafted a 4th string corner.  Allen is saving Beane's job right now.

Haha, yeah, with picks 1.4 and 1.10. 

Coach No Context at it again! 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, teef said:

i'm of the group that doesn't see how it was worth it.

In simplest terms…he was going to be cut, for which the Bills would receive nothing.  Instead, they gained some cap space and swapped out a 7th round pick for a 5th.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If we improved our draft position by trading a guy who was going to be cut then it was a solid deal.

oh yeah.  if he was going to be cut than so be it.  i just didn't assume his was going to be cut after a somewhat productive camp.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Shanahan (and lynch) also has the best roster in the league by a MILE. He also worked deals to get the best LT and RBs in the league for pennies compared to their worth. 

And he also has been terrible at protecting QBs who get injured at a far, far higher rate than anywhere else in the NFL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.