trey lance traded to cowboys

richNjoisy

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Cowgirls get work with him. Play him in a late season game or just build the hype around his improvement. They trade him next offseason for a 1st or 2nd. 

that will never happen, if he played to the level of a first round pick in a trade they will keep him.  Dak needs another contract in a year. 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

hard to say. In his entire HS, collegiate and nfl career combined he has fewer passes than many nfl qbs threw last year alone. 

He was a long shot, and it’s even more uphill from here but with lowered expectations and a slower timeline, maybe he can contribute to a team down the line. Probably not “the guy” but a career backup is good work.

What they traded to get him and what those picks turned into for other teams…geez 

32 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Seems like a good deal for everyone 

49ers turned a 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, and a 2022 3rd into: 2023 4th rd pick, 4 QB starts (2-2 record), and 14mm dead cap spread over the next 2 seasons. 

It's probably the worst trade in NFL history. At a bare minimum it's a top 5 worst trade of all time. The 49ers have locked in their trade value and could look even worse if Lance somehow redeems his career and/or if Purdy sucks. 

8 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

49ers turned a 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, and a 2022 3rd into: 2023 4th rd pick, 4 QB starts (2-2 record), and 14mm dead cap spread over the next 2 seasons. 

It's probably the worst trade in NFL history. At a bare minimum it's a top 5 worst trade of all time. The 49ers have locked in their trade value and could look even worse if Lance somehow redeems his career and/or if Purdy sucks. 

No…

minnesota- Cowboys Herschel walker

the commandos did the RG3 trade up.

2 minutes ago, UmbrellaMan said:

The Bills also tried to trade for him. Our backups are terrible. I’m kind of disappointed we didn’t get him.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/171172-report-bills-tried-trade-lance-before-49ers-cowboys/

sounds like they were smart about it.  I imagine a 6 or a 7.  

Dallas is all in this year, they have traded both of their fifths next year for brandin cooks, stephon gilmore and now their 4th for lance.

16 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Herschel Walker says hi.

2 minutes ago, UmbrellaMan said:

Given our QB depth, I’m disappointed we didn’t get him.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/171172-report-bills-tried-trade-lance-before-49ers-cowboys/

I would’ve been FURIOUS if we gave up a 4th for him. If a QB can’t succeed in SF in that simple system where every throw is wide open, then they’re just not going to succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

sounds like they were smart about it.  I imagine a 6 or a 7.  

Dallas is all in this year, they have traded both of their fifths next year for brandin cooks, stephon gilmore and now their 4th for lance.

I mean. We must have offered a 5th.

Dallas then said 4th. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

So John Lynch is full of 💩. I heard a soundbite of him this morning saying he was happy with him and that Lance has been making strides. Apparently he meant strides right out of the door. 

He’s not though-it’s standard operating procedure. He has to drum up interest or he’s not doing his job 

26 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

So John Lynch is full of 💩. I heard a soundbite of him this morning saying he was happy with him and that Lance has been making strides. Apparently he meant strides right out of the door. 

What do you want him to say?

*Dealer on the lot*  "this cars been a lemon, transmission is going, they've been going up in flames for fender benders. We'll need that payment in cash"

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I would ROFLMAO at the supposed geniuses Lynch and Shanahan if Purdy went the way of about 99% of the QBs drafted in the 7th round.

It’s not often a guy like him makes it.  I hope he does, seems like a good dude.  

Would be something if he fails.

20 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Seems pretty smart for Dallas, he’s cost controlled and Dak isn’t exactly the most durable. 

It's a low cost for a QB who's ceiling is unknown.  

This kid has started so few games in his football career since high school that it's easy to imagine that he hasn't reached his full potential yet.  

29 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

What do you want him to say?

*Dealer on the lot*  "this cars been a lemon, transmission is going, they've been going up in flames for fender benders. We'll need that payment in cash"

I say that because people took his comments as a shot at Shannahan for not supporting Lance. Sounds like Lynch and Kyle were on different pages about Lance.

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

What they traded to get him and what those picks turned into for other teams…geez 

It’s tough when you don’t have a qb. You have to go take big swings. 

but when push comes to shove it’s almost impossible to win it all without that guy. The dolphins got that windfall of talent and lost in the wild card round still. 

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

All you have to do is look at San Francisco’s current backup to see the fault in this line of thinking. they made a mistake and did their best to minimize the cost. They’re happy and the cowboys are happy. 

1 hour ago, UmbrellaMan said:

The Bills also tried to trade for him. Our backups are terrible. I’m kind of disappointed we didn’t get him.

I'm calling BS on David Bonilla. My guess: The Bills offered an 8th rounder. 

42 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

This kid has started so few games in his football career since high school that it's easy to imagine that he hasn't reached his full potential yet.  

Go take a look at past drafts & 1st rounders who were let go for peanuts fairly early in their careers.  The odds of a 1st round QB failing & getting traded for a mid to low round pick and making it are slim & none.  The only guys who are let go & come back from a trade or release are low picks & undrafted guys like Marc Bulger & Kurt Warner, ironically both with the Rams.  The league is strewn with former 1st round busts who at best hang on as backups.   

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

And he only played 9 games in high school...

https://www.maxpreps.com/mn/marshall/marshall-tigers/athletes/trey-lance/football/stats/?careerid=u9s2v2uqnc577

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.