trey lance traded to cowboys

richNjoisy

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

This is their M.O.

they traded a third for drew henson years ago and he was equally as awful as lance, he was actually better.  I remember parcells was pissed and said the guy couldn't play from day one.

Somehow Jerry is convinced this guy is a star and he is a mini nfl celebrity.  Everything jerry loves.

But they have a QB, unless they are going to start a crazy QB controversy. Just really bizarre.

I don't think Lance is a particularly good backup, either.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

But they have a QB, unless they are going to start a crazy QB controversy. Just really bizarre.

I don't think Lance is a particularly good backup, either.

He is a third string developmental qb.  He has zero chance of ever playing if Dak is healthy.  Cooper rush won 4 games as a backup last year.  Lance will run the scout team and help them prepare for other teams with running qb's all year.

his only chance of playing is if they make a package for him like Miami did in 08.

• Agree 1

If I were a Cowboy fan I'd be really upset. First I would be upset that my life is so empty and pathetic that I cheer for the Cowboys. 

Second, I'd be really cheesed off that they spent a 4th rounder on a guy that is for now #3 on the QB depth chart and might turn into a mid level backup. I see the Marcus Mariota career path as his ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If I were a Cowboy fan I'd be really upset. First I would be upset that my life is so empty and pathetic that I cheer for the Cowboys. 

Second, I'd be really cheesed off that they spent a 4th rounder on a guy that is for now #3 on the QB depth chart and might turn into a mid level backup. I see the Marcus Mariota career path as his ceiling. 

and he is going to take a spot on the 53 man roster also.  

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Cowboys lol

I mean… at least the Bills use their 4ths to trade up 2 spots in the draft ..

Wish the Bills had made that trade

17 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

That ranks as one of the all-time busts given what they paid to get him.

You can call it a bad trade for the 49ers in net. But no way he can be declared a bust at this point

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

and he is going to take a spot on the 53 man roster also.  

If the Bills had made that trade , it would have been a neutral situation with K Allen on the street the next instant 

• Dislike 3

13 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Wish the Bills had made that trade

You can call it a bad trade for the 49ers in net. But no way he can be declared a bust at this point

If the Bills had made that trade , it would have been a neutral situation with K Allen on the street the next instant 

I only willing to give a 6th at best lol, shows what I know

31 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Wow. Niners took a bath on the original trade.

Purdy must be the real deal…so they think.

I would ROFLMAO at the supposed geniuses Lynch and Shanahan if Purdy went the way of about 99% of the QBs drafted in the 7th round.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.