trey lance traded to cowboys

richNjoisy

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

And yet their teams have advanced farther than we have in the playoffs. Just goes to show you how good their coaching has been and the difference maker. 

100%. Their roster is light years ahead of ours too. It’s the best in the nfl actually. Coaching is way better too. At a minimum they’re making the NFC title game and I already bet them to win the Super Bowl too. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

100%. Their roster is light years ahead of ours too. It’s the best in the nfl actually. Coaching is way better too. At a minimum they’re making the NFC title game and I already bet them to win the Super Bowl too. 

Purdy will be exposed 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Purdy will be exposed 

Purdy can only be exposed if teams start playing more man defense and find the stones to man mark Kittle and McCaffery. You don’t stop the 49ers offense by playing a soft cover 2 or cover 3 zone. You have 5-6 who are capable of manning up their 5 weapons. You dominate them, and turn your front 5 after Purdy and pound him into the turf. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Purdy can only be exposed if teams start playing more man defense and find the stones to man mark Kittle and McCaffery. You don’t stop the 49ers offense by playing a soft cover 2 or cover 3 zone. You have 5-6 who are capable of manning up their 5 weapons. You dominate them, and turn your front 5 after Purdy and pound him into the turf. 

You can’t. Too many weapons.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You can’t. Too many weapons.

You can. Too many defensive weapons. Remember the pass rush needs 2-3 seconds to destroy the QB. Good defenders can stick with a man for 3 seconds. That means Purdy is getting hit on nearly every pass. 

12 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Our team is not built to handle a team like the 49ers. We would get steam rolled. We would have a better chance against the Eagles than the 9ers. 

I’m watching the 9ers game right now, and their style of play is just incredible. Pure bully football, but good enough QB managers to sling it when necessary, but not good enough to carry a team. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If Shanny had Allen, it would be a dynasty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Man, I really wanted Lance. I hate our backups (not as people, very nice guys). 

but it does make me feel better than Beane was at least in on it. I think Lance would be a great backup/ project qb but can’t fault him for not bidding higher. Really respect him not for at least trying to make the roster better. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Purdy will be exposed 

Yeah, it’s wild that they are so locked in on him after 5 games. That said, part of the reason they can let Lance go, is that they have another formed top 5 pick that they believe has talent that KS can get the most out of.

personally, I think Darnold is too broken and turnover prone but we will see. 

2 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Our team is a finesse team. We don’t do well against bully esque teams like Cincy. We have more answers for teams like KC and the Eagles, but Cincy and 9ers are tanks. 

No honest Bills fan can disagree with you. We are kinda a soft team. Super talent but run first, physical, defensive teams are our weakness. We need to bury those team with our offense and not let them hang around.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Purdy will be exposed 

Doubtful, simply because he has protection for days. Their TE talent and FB options coupled with an elite RB and tankie WR that can block really well will buy Purdy all the time he needs. Their 2 TE sets are dangerously good because they are tanks yet athletic enough to get open. They run the ball at will and just steam roll. Watching their backups right now is beautiful old school smash mouth. I wish we had Shanny with Allen, we’d be unstoppable. 

• Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

You can. Too many defensive weapons. Remember the pass rush needs 2-3 seconds to destroy the QB. Good defenders can stick with a man for 3 seconds. That means Purdy is getting hit on nearly every pass. 

One of the biggest reasons playing man vs a team like the 49ers is dangerous is yac. They’ll destroy you with yac.

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Wow. Niners took a bath on the original trade.

Purdy must be the real deal…so they think.

Yeah, and they built the Miami Dolphins. Thanks 49ers.

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, it’s wild that they are so locked in on him after 5 games. That said, part of the reason they can let Lance go, is that they have another formed top 5 pick that they believe has talent that KS can get the most out of.

personally, I think Darnold is too broken and turnover prone but we will see. 

No honest Bills fan can disagree with you. We are kinda a soft team. Super talent but run first, physical, defensive teams are our weakness. We need to bury those team with our offense and not let them hang around.

I feel like that strategy works better for a team like the 9ers, because I don’t think they have the horses to run. Cincinnati is a whole another beast. They have the physicality and the horses to run. 

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

It’s not often a guy like him makes it.  I hope he does, seems like a good dude.  

Would be something if he fails.

Purdy is the right guy at the right time on the right team. He doesn’t need to be an “elite” QB to win with the 49ers. He can be a Jimmy G game manager plus on that team and win a lot of games esp on a dirt cheap contract.

Not sure if he will have a better career trajectory than Jimmy G but had Jimmy G simply been healthy he would still be there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

He is a third string developmental qb.  He has zero chance of ever playing if Dak is healthy.  Cooper rush won 4 games as a backup last year.  Lance will run the scout team and help them prepare for other teams with running qb's all year.

his only chance of playing is if they make a package for him like Miami did in 08.

So why give up a 4th round pick for that? Crazy.

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I don’t think he can play from I’ve seen as his mechanics and pocket awareness are awful… but hey it’s a 4th rounder not a bad deal.

Bills just didn’t have the cap room as he is guaranteed nearly 7 million dollars as a backup the next two years. 

It is way to early to say he can't play. He has 21 starts across college and the pros. He just has so little experience. I agree that his pocket awarness is awful but he has spent so little time there is isn't surprising. 

The thing is I think the only way it improves is live reps. And I am not sure he is getting them in Dallas any more than he was in San Fran or in Buffalo.

The only way you improve Trey Lance is live reps. I am not saying he is or will become Josh Allen but he needs to chance to make all his mistakes and to have his bad days and see what NFL defenses throw at you the way Josh did in 2018. When you get someone who is raw, inexperienced and has mechanical issues they don't learn to get better watching from the side.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree that physical defense gives us problems but run first teams dont really.  Its elite qbs that gives us problems imo.  The Bills struggling with run defense is an old thing that isnt really true anymore.  Buffalo finished 5th against the run last year after finishing 13 and 17th the year before.

Look at what kc did to sf last year.  I would argue dominant passing games give them fits which the Bills happen to have.

5 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Our team is not built to handle a team like the 49ers. We would get steam rolled. We would have a better chance against the Eagles than the 9ers. 

I’m watching the 9ers game right now, and their style of play is just incredible. Pure bully football, but good enough QB managers to sling it when necessary, but not good enough to carry a team. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If Shanny had Allen, it would be a dynasty. 

See above.  Also if shanny had allen he would have 40 million tied up in a qb and not be able to have the roster the niners currently have.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, NoSaint said:

It’s tough when you don’t have a qb. You have to go take big swings. 

but when push comes to shove it’s almost impossible to win it all without that guy. The dolphins got that windfall of talent and lost in the wild card round still. 

What’s funny is their initial pick in all this was 12…the guy who was taken 12th …Micah Parsons…Micah Parsons and Bosa in the same front 7 ouch

Are ppl smoking crack ? The niners shanny and lynch who have invested so much to get lance. Have decided that BUST Sam darnold on his 3 rd team is clearly better and lance is no better than 3rd string. Lance blows. Pat Kirwan on nfl radio yesterday - he’s pretty favorable for every player - said he watched lance in camp this year and he was BRUTAL- like not an nfl player brutal. 

no idea what the cowboys are doing . So dumb 

45 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

And yet, would you trade Josh for two pass rushers? 

Josh is a different breed of cat. For all the criticism he received pre draft he was terrific during the senior bowl and he put on a show at the combine. Lance was a sketchy prospect even during the predraft process he hardly played at ND State. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

So if this is accurate, he was in on a potentially terrible backup qb but not on Josh Jones or Isaiah Simmons. Good stuff, Beane. Real finger on the pulse of the team here.

What it does tell us is he accepts the backup QB situation is desperate. And it is.

32 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

So if this is accurate, he was in on a potentially terrible backup qb but not on Josh Jones or Isaiah Simmons. Good stuff, Beane. Real finger on the pulse of the team here.

So instead you wanted him to trade for a backup safety (Simmons has said he won’t play linebacker) and a backup tackle? 

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

But he’s not. Once they added McCafferey, it was over. They now have 4 elite guys that can do it all, most notably get YAC. Who are these “good defenders” that can stick with a man for 3 seconds? Let alone stick with 4 elite men? Add in that KS schemes them open in 2 seconds and it’s not really possible. Use us as the example. Even if you think Tre can stick with Deebo (which is debateable), who takes Aiyuk? Dane? Elam? Please. Who takes kittle? Milano could stay with him some I guess but it’s tough. And are you asking Taron Johnson to stick with McCafferey? Good luck. And after you spend all that energy trying to match up, they can all run block, and now they gashed you for 40 yards. It’s tough. We’re not built to be anywhere near them. And you say well the chiefs can do it. Well yeah but Mahomes and Reid are a different story. The Bengals too. They have weapons and they play tough. We have 1 true weapon and we are finesse. 

If I seem frustrated it’s because I am. Niners got CMC for pennies based on how good he is. Beane should’ve given Josh that type of weapon. Instead we have given him Diggs and that’s it. Maybe Kincaid breaks out but he’s a rookie. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

But he’s not. Once they added McCafferey, it was over. They now have 4 elite guys that can do it all, most notably get YAC. Who are these “good defenders” that can stick with a man for 3 seconds? Let alone stick with 4 elite men? Add in that KS schemes them open in 2 seconds and it’s not really possible. Use us as the example. Even if you think Tre can stick with Deebo (which is debateable), who takes Aiyuk? Dane? Elam? Please. Who takes kittle? Milano could stay with him some I guess but it’s tough. And are you asking Taron Johnson to stick with McCafferey? Good luck. And after you spend all that energy trying to match up, they can all run block, and now they gashed you for 40 yards. It’s tough. We’re not built to be anywhere near them. And you say well the chiefs can do it. Well yeah but Mahomes and Reid are a different story. The Bengals too. They have weapons and they play tough. We have 1 true weapon and we are finesse. 

If I seem frustrated it’s because I am. Niners got CMC for pennies based on how good he is. Beane should’ve given Josh that type of weapon. Instead we have given him Diggs and that’s it. Maybe Kincaid breaks out but he’s a rookie. 

I’ll give the other 3 credit, but Aiyuk is not elite. He can be taken out with one guy. That being said the other 3 are tough, but if he’s throwing in 2-3 seconds they aren’t getting very deep on their routes. Even Ryan Fitzpatrick looked good for that half a season here until teams figured out they don’t have to play deep

35 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

It’s over? Really?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.