Game Day Thread? Bills @ Steelers 8/19

EmotionallyUnstable

Just now, SCBills said:

Im concerned by the team looking like last years Bengals bs.. but I’m also not going to overreact and think we see anything resembling this Week 1 against the Jets. 

I agree to An extent But Pitt still moved the ball with ease on us. Self inflicting penalties have been a problem in the past. 

I do think Josh, Gabe and Kincaid had a fantasic night tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

MVP candidate
Best quarterback we have ever had

Was practically our whole office last year

You’re insane

Agree with all of the above about Allen but it is all in the past.  In the present he does not have the work ethic that drove all those things.

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

How did McGovern look at LG while he was in?   Anyone ... 

First watch, the guards looked good.  The interior of the O-Line didn't seem like a problem.  But, that could be because the tackles looked so bad it didn't give them a chance to look bad themselves.  But, I saw him really anchor on a couple plays.  Him and Torrance looked good watching live.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Van Denmark I think won all his reps on that drive. His man tackled Mims on the run but the handoff was slow so the timing of the play was all off, I think there was a hole there if Mims had gotten the ball cleanly. Every other rep his man didn't impact the play at all. Maybe we have something here.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Our offence was top of the league last year. If he never goes down, QB2 and QB3 are there to help with communication and film. Better to have guys he knows and are comfortable with. This team ain’t going anywhere with anyone else but him taking the snaps. Fact your crying about backup QBs is laughable 

Nick Foles enters the chat …

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Van Denmark I think won all his reps on that drive. His man tackled Mims on the run but the handoff was slow so the timing of the play was all off, I think there was a hole there if Mims had gotten the ball cleanly. Every other rep his man didn't impact the play at all. Maybe we have something here.

Agree. Like what he's putting on tape so far tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I agree to An extent But Pitt still moved the ball with ease on us. Self inflicting penalties have been a problem in the past. 

I do think Josh, Gabe and Kincaid had a fantasic night tonight. 

Agreed, but I do think the DL has way too much talent for them to struggle without Von.  I understand tonight and all, but I’m not worried about them yet. 

OL is incredibly frustrating if Dawkins and Brown are liabilities.  It’s like whack a mole in protecting our biggest asset… We may have finally fixed the IOL and now the Tackles are trash. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.