Terron Armstead taken off on a cart

NewEra

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This guy has literally *never* had a full season.

In 10 attempts! 0 full seasons.

Love that the Dolphins gave this guy $75M.

Yep. When he is on the field he is elite. But this is an example of a guy who is legitimately injury prone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

WGR reported and then echoed on NFLR it was an LCL sprain and only out a couple to few weeks.  Good news for him, but bad news for the Fish.

it’s a toss up whether the Fish or jets have a worse line.  Not that we are world  beaters, but given our additions of McGovern and Torrence, it’s likely we’ve improved.

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

WGR reported and then echoed on NFLR it was an LCL sprain and only out a couple to few weeks.  Good news for him, but bad news for the Fish.

it’s a toss up whether the Fish or jets have a worse line.  Not that we are world  beaters, but given our additions of McGovern and Torrence, it’s likely we’ve improved.

Isn't that the report for Treylon Burks?... or did they already somehow find out this is the case for Armstead as well?

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I came here to say they shouldn't have relied on an old guy to play LT.  Then I looked it up and saw he is only 31.   How the heck is he only 31?  Seems like he played for the Saints when Sam Mills was still there.

Dude was there in New Orleans back  for Andrew Jackson blocking the left aide back in '12. He had one hell of a good season.

Edited by boyst
  • Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I came here to say they shouldn't have relied on an old guy to play LT.  Then I looked it up and saw he is only 31.   How the heck is he only 31?  Seems like he played for the Saints when Sam Mills was still there.

Yeah, I could have swore i remember armstead clearing lanes for Deuce mccalister 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Isn’t there a rule where we’re supposed to just say “hate to see that”, “injuries aren’t cool even if it is the Dolphins?” 

Dont bring that bad juju on us. We already have the madden cover to contend with. 

Indeed I wish no ill will on Tua or any of these players.  The way this happened on first play makes you wonder if he had a little nagging injury that they misdiagnosed.  After all this is the staff that said Tua hurt his back when they were scrambling his brain.

Edited by AuntieEm

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/terron-armstead-injury-update-what-we-know-about-the-miami-dolphins-ot/

Armstead came off the field today favoring his right leg after getting hurt on the first snap of 11-on-11 reps. He initially went to the training table to be checked out by Miami’s medical staff and spoke to Dolphins general manager Chris Grier.

Armstead put on sneakers but wasn’t able to extend his right leg while doing so.

Isn't he the guy who just came back to Dolphins practice after knee surgery?

Update:

On the other hand, isn't that what we heard from Von Miller?

I wish no ill on any player so I hope he's correct

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Giving Aaron Brooks time to find Joe Horn!

Perhaps two different ol named Armstead?   Then again maybe guy wants his money and pushes himself too hard to earn it.

Was drafted in 2013 so yea he was getting up in age lot of wear and tear.  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/terron-armstead-injury-update-what-we-know-about-the-miami-dolphins-ot/

Isn't he the guy who just came back to Dolphins practice after knee surgery?

Update:

On the other hand, isn't that what we heard from Von Miller?

I wish no ill on any player so I hope he's correct

I'll be good doesn't sound like he presently is good.

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is not good for Miami at all. The East is going be a dog fight and every team needs all men on deck. Especially the guy responsible for protecting the blind side of their concussion-prone QB. 

Armstead is a LT, it's the RT that protects Tua's blindside since he throws left handed. It's still a huge blow since he's probably their best OL

8 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Armstead is a LT, it's the RT that protects Tua's blindside since he throws left handed. It's still a huge blow since he's probably their best OL

And given that Tua is susceptible to concussions to an unknown degree...

ìf any fanbase should be up in arms over playing a starting qb in preseason its  dolphin fans.

I'm Bills diehard fan. Squish the fish every game,  but I don't want Tua getting hurt in a preseason game.

Edited by AuntieEm

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Dude was there in New Orleans back  for Andrew Jackson blocking the left aide back in '12. He had one hell of a good season.

Well saints didn't draft him until 2013 so I'm not sure how y college player snuck onto a nfl club during I suppose a standout senior season òf college.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think we can maybe say that about several players on the Bills roster too. 

Who?

20 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Probably? Probably??? He is by a MILE their best OL

16 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Well saints didn't draft him until 2013 so I'm not sure how y college player snuck onto a nfl club during I suppose a standout senior season òf college.

i think you need to do a quick google search with regard to the history of new orleans in '12. brees was good, manning was good but they were nothing compared to the skill Jackson brought to that town. his offense was legendary. Armstead was so old that he was there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.