Ron Raccucia out as EVP/COO

RiotAct

IDK - seems odd. Maybe it was 'mission accomplished' for Ron, but seemed like he was still going to be an integral person/voice/etc for the entire project. This could be completely off, but it's like he fathered a baby but won't be around to see it grow up? 

• Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

IDK - seems odd. Maybe it was 'mission accomplished' for Ron, but seemed like he was still going to be an integral person/voice/etc for the entire project. This could be completely off, but it's like he fathered a baby but won't be around to see it grow up? 

Yes, but when they reunite, it will be a tearful moment.....

3 minutes ago, Process said:

If he would've just put a roof on it, this all could have been avoided.

That was a miscommunication. Terry said, "Put a lid on it" and Ron thought he was being told to shut up.

• Haha (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, teef said:

i heard he was sleeping with russ brandon.

I heard it was a threesum, but I have protect my sources, 

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

As long as hes not on the hook for $2 billion in child support over the next 18 years, sounds like a pretty good deal.  He can still show up to games and tailgates as long as theres time for his new girlfriend. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Tim Graham on Twitter: "Bills are about to announce a front office restructure that moves Terry Pegula into the president's role. EVP Ron Raccuia is leaving the organization. New management team includes Sabres/PSE CEO John Roth, general counsel Kathryn D'Angelo and VP of finance Josh Dziurlikowski." / Twitter

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

Does anyone know or think if this affects the new Stadium? I am always so paranoid about the new stadium deal and cannot stomach Michael Florio gloating that The Bills might move. 

Naw he was the dude leading it and from what it had seemed his job was to get everything to shovels in ground. I myself had thought he be around longer and truthfully I thought his messaging was superb, but guess he is out now.

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Really seems weird.

my take he was in charge of the new stadium "special" project and all the details meetings, politics, etc which came to succesful conclusion so the contract likely  ended July or so...Seems Pegula is doing the same for Bills as he does for Sabres..flattens his org with no management layers at the VP/prez level in which he finds no value and saves exec level big salary...

4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Naw he was the dude leading it and from what it had seemed his job was to get everything to shovels in ground. I myself had thought he be around longer and truthfully I thought his messaging was superb, but guess he is out now.

I honestly thought, if something happened to Terry, Ron would be the guy he would possibly hand the team to. I definitely know not a damn thing.

Terry probably already found out there is going to be massive cost overruns that he is going to be on the hook for and Ron is the scapegoat.   That's my off the wall hypothesis

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Kinda out of left field, IMO.

Discuss.

The fact that they “parted ways” suggests that it likely wasn’t amicable. This reminds me very much of Russ Brandon’s departure, where it was presented as him stepping down when in reality he was getting the boot.  Not saying he left under the same circumstances as Russ - we have no idea - but it seems like PSE wanted him gone.  

Ronny was the lead on a very important project that really has just gotten started.  I don’t think he voluntarily leaves w/o another position lined up.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I honestly thought, if something happened to Terry, Ron would be the guy he would possibly hand the team to. I definitely know not a damn thing.

Ron always seemed temporary to me as Kim unfortunately had to be moved to side with her illness and they needed someone for a while to drive the ship. Again I am a bit surprised that he is gone so soon and I really like him. My thought has been though Terry will be passing the team down to Jessie.

When I watched the beyond blue and red about the stadium, I had to look up and figure out when he became President.  I thought he was just part of the stadium group; had no idea he was President on the Bills.  

Lots of these type of things may be because of conflict of interest in something Ron wants to do in the future.  I wouldn't look too much into it.  This executive world is full of constant rotation.  

29 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Does anyone know or think if this affects the new Stadium? I am always so paranoid about the new stadium deal and cannot stomach Michael Florio gloating that The Bills might move. 

The most powerful person in NY Kathy Hochul wants this and helped the Bills get past all of the political red tape to get it done. The only place the Bills are moving to is across the street in 3 years to their new home.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The most powerful person in NY Kathy Hochul wants this and helped the Bills get past all of the political red tape to get it done. The only place the Bills are moving to is across the street in 3 years to their new home.

Okay, I feel a little better now 😁

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Lost said:

Terry probably already found out there is going to be massive cost overruns that he is going to be on the hook for and Ron is the scapegoat.   That's my off the wall hypothesis

If its Off the Wall why didn't ya post it there

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

As long as Teri is not making decisions on the football side, we’re good

This kinda scares me as my take it was mostly Kim who wanted to buy the Buffalo Bills. I also think she was the one who helped forge the FO and Coaching staff. 

Regardless, we all see what Terry has done with the Sabres so far...So yea, hands off pls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1